The Orphans in Namibia Project

We are assisting Helge Mercker to feed children in Namibia. There are plans to build an orphanage here.
Geoff
Family

The Orphans in Namibia Project

Post by Geoff »

Helge Mercker who is a member of this site, and who we all know personally, has been working hard to establish an organisation that can build an orphanage in Namibia, near Gobabis. This is where she lives, so its a hands on project. The newly registered (in Canada) Divine Love Sanctuary Foundation supports this project 100%. This means that it is now possible to donate to a legal non-profit, who will transfer your donation 100% to Helge. At present Helge feeds up to 120 children every Saturday. This is a very basic meal, (rice based?) but obviously very popular, hence obviously very needed. It only costs US$15 to $20 to feed 120 children. Who does not have that to spare?

I also got a great bunch of photos from Helge regarding the feeding program:
at the Saturday (February 9th, 2013) feed were 109 children. Expenses of food provision: N$85.- (equating to about US$15.-) There was not enough food prepared, thus I target for US$20.- per feed as usually there are more kids. I wish you were there, listening to the singing and praying....with such enthusiasm and from the heart. Much love going around. love Helge.
To which I replied: "How can there not be enough food". Let us pray that does not happen again.

It will be a week or so before we have the bank account details for the brand new foundation, and then we will create a Pay Pal donation button that will put money into that account.
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: The Orphans in Namibia Project

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Geoff for reminding us all of the great need that is out there. I certainly hope that we in the DLSF will facilitate more of this kind of giving. As you say, in a few days we may have the means to making this an easy effort to facilitate Helge and her project. She is truely a loving and beautiful soul who needs our support as do all those beautiful children. She will also be with us in Canada in about six weeks time so that we can do some fundraising and planning together. Never a dull moment 8-) .God bless........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Helge has added more info, after I cried about there not being enough food. This surely will give some insight into how hard it is out there.
Dear Geoff
For now we have either Mealiemeal or Rice as the staple, and then a thicker soup-sauce out of beans, lentels or peas. (see pic included) So far we have not used any fresh produce as we do not have a clean area to prepare such foods, or cooling facility/fridge ( as we have to buy the fresh produce 1 hours drive away......until we have our own gardens) We cook over an open fire with wood from our farm, carry in water with buckets, kids bring their plates(whatever they can get) and eat with their hands.

Yes, we shoot for 25 dollars a feeding, with better quality and nourishing food items as soon as we have a room with running water for proper and hygenic foodpreparation and cooling for fresh produce. It is too hot now and nothing holds. Once its a little cooler we go with cabbage and carrots in the beginning. We have no proper storage yet, we have a little office but it needs more secure locking which I buy tomorrow as any items esp food will be stolen out of there.

On Saturday it was simply that not enough food was prepared/cooked. My dad donated a huge pot (3 legged) and now we have 3 big pots.

We work under not easy conditions but it will get better and better, one step at a time. The volunteers are hardworking ladies with a love for children, beautiful to see their kind hearts at work.
love,
Geoff
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

All wonderful news!

And soon, hopefully, Helge's organization will have a websit :D

It's great to let the Love the of the Father be expressed in such a manner.

Dennis
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes Geoff, there are barriers we can't imagine there. A different world in many ways and certainly a simpler one. Not even running water. I just flashed on that beautiful fridge you have sitting in your basement. How nice it would be to just will it to them but I know it would not likely get there soon or be practicle. I also think of the large fridge we own full of vegetables and meats that would make those children's eyes pop out if they saw it. Why are these inequities in the world? There is so much that needs to be done to ease the suffering that most of us here are somewhat immune to.I hope and pray that through this work we are doing within our souls that we will be guided to find wider solutions to these dreadful deprivations. Surely there is enough abundance in the world to feed the hungry? Every solution starts with small steps. May we learn to run in time and may those children find a better way through Helge's and others attempts to nurture and teach them in loving ways. May God guide their hands and fill their hearts. May we all be inspired to help as we can.

God bless you Helge for making this effort under such difficult circumstances. You are a powerful example of God's Love in action and I thank God for the priviledge of knowing such a beautiful soul. Bless you and all who assist you. May you know great joy in your work and peace in your heart.I am humbled by your inner strength and commitment to ease suffering. The world needs so many more like you. I love you.............Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote:Surely there is enough abundance in the world to feed the hungry?
I gather what we spend on war each year would completely remove all poverty.

love.
Geoff
Jan
Family

Post by Jan »

Have you got away to send funds through paypal yet as I would like to contribute.
Jan
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks Jan!

Opening a paypal account is our priority this weekend, as soon as we complete opening a new bank account! I will send out the information as soon as I can! We will gladly receive your donation!! thank you! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

aah, you may have to use travellingjeanne as there is a problem with the other one I have not managed to fix yet. We can change the email later.

G
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

I love you all so very much, thank you for your support and love !!!
Your reaching out to us through prayers, loving and kind thoughts, support, caring, it touches us, we feel it. It gives me/us courage and hope, a smile on our faces of knowing of the certainty of change. Through your financial support a window of hope was opened, hearts were lifted and encouraged to step forth and make a better world esp. for our children , in this little small corner of the world, somewhere in the vastness of Africa. You touch us with your love and we are happy and smile. Thank you !