Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Re: Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

Post by Geoff »

brian_holmes wrote:If you follow Eva's link and arrive at the error message, place the cursor in the Address bar before the WWW and delete the http and slashes and colon so that just www.truthforallpeople.com is in the Address bar, this may allow you in, it worked for me.
Yes that works. Seems like he's got some htaccess issues then?

Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Dear Helge,

Thank you for your kind response to my suggestion. I fully understand your reasons for the decision to do the readings with live voices. Actually I had not realized that Ian's readings were computer generated as I had listened only to a few snippets and for that they sounded OK. But as you say, for longer messages, the attention and impact could be lost.

Since we have Ian's consent to use his recordings, we could consider placing (some of) them on Geoff's website or somewhere else where people might benefit from them -- at least till such a time that we would have our own live ones. Perhaps as the new ones are created, the TTS ones could be progressively replaced. Just an idea for everyone's consideration and input -- since Helge raised the question. Alternatively, Ian's website could be cross-referenced for those who would like an audio recording.

For those who had trouble accessing Ian's website, this problem should now hopefully be solved. This is what Ian wrote to me yesterday when I pointed out the problem:
"I just checked the website security and there is a long list of banned IP numbers there, I deleted all the banned IP's which means that this website isn't blocking any IP's at the moment. If they are still blocked it could be something to do with the server the website is hosted on blocking or being blocked by other severs. I read that some hackers use other peoples IP's so when websites or servers block those IP's the hacker used, they are in fact blocking someone else who will get a no access message. I hope the deleting of the banned IP's fixed it. Thanks for letting me know, please let me know if you hear about the dreaded "Forbidden access" message again."

Love, Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eva,

I just got the problem again, and I was using

Code: Select all

www.truthforallpeople.com
In other words the bit we thought was not resolving

http://
had been removed. I also tried

truthforallpeople.com
which did work, but I really don't know if it will continue.

By the by, I am not currently keen to host these, given the vast amount of space they use, and particularly as I am about to migrate to a new website, which has been two years in the coming, so I certainly don't want a major change at this time.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks Geoff for expressing your preference re hosting the recordings and sharing the continued problem with access to the website. I hope that your new website is as good as the present one -- I for one have got a quite a bit of use and benefit from it.
Love,
Eva
Michael Bailey
New Friend

Post by Michael Bailey »

Hi, Werner, I can participate in reading the Padgett messages. I have a Zoom Q3HD Handy Video Recorder that does quite well. ~Mike