Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

This forum is for all other topics
gemmaj2000
Family

Re: Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

Post by gemmaj2000 »

Hello Helge I have now sent my email to Werner through FB much love to you too ❤️Gemma
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Werner,
I am willing to help as I have done reading of the messages at a Divine Love church service over quite a few weeks and been encouraged to volunteer.
I don't presently have professional equipment, but have an older Verbatim mike with earphones. My new Tosheba laptop seems to also have a fairly good mike. Depending on costs, I may be able to get something better.
Love and blessings on this exciting and worthwhile project.
Eva
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Hello dear Eva
and it is so wonderful to welcome you to the audio project. Be embraced with love and gratitude.
I wish to send you the 2 mail-outs that went out to all participants with valuable information and instructions. Could you kindly PM Werner or me here with your email address ?
I am so happy to have you on board and welcome, welcome, welcome.
With embraces of gratitude and love,
Helge.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Werner and Helge (and everyone),
Before we launch into this ambitious project full speed, here might be something to consider. Some of you are probably aware of another Divine Love website and forum of high quality run by Ian Nicol, and titled Truth for All People. I discovered that Ian, with the help of others, have already recorded the messages and on each web page where there is a message, there is also a recording that can be listened to. In addition, there are multiple pages specifically for mp3 downloads of recordings starting here: http://www.truthforallpeople.com/audio-downloads.

In view of this, is our project really necessary? Or is there any way to join forces with Ian to work more effectively? If we are thinking of an audio book, could we, with his permission, download his recorded message and compile them into an audio book? This of course assumes willingness to cooperate from Ian's side, but it might be worth asking. It would be a shame to duplicate effort -- perhaps our energies could be channeled into another venue to help further the messages.

What do you all think?
Much love,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Eva. I tried to use the link provided to Ian's site but I got the forbidden page. I have found Ian not to be very collaborative with other DL followers in the past so I doubt that this will be the exception. Good suggestion though. I could be wrong and we will see. Thanks for participating so thoroughly in whatever we are discussing on the forums. Much love......Al
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Al Fike wrote:Hi Eva. I tried to use the link provided to Ian's site but I got the forbidden page.
Yes its not a public link it appears.
Al Fike wrote: I have found Ian not to be very collaborative with other DL followers in the past so I doubt that this will be the exception.
I would prefer to say nothing. But there has been history.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks for your comments Al and Geoff. It seems that the link is sometimes non-functional (on rare occasions) -- it has happened to me too. I first discovered Ian's website back in September/October when I began to compile my "List of Links" to DL websites. His website really impressed me at that time (and still does) to the point where I wrote a comment commending him (which I sometimes do when I really like a website). We were in email communication for a while, and I do understand what you are both saying regarding somewhat of an exclusive approach. However, the website is definitely public and seems to be getting a lot of hits. So if you try to access it a bit later, you may get in to see what I mean. I just tested it and it is working for me.
Much love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Eva,

Still "forbidden access" here. It may be that you are a signed up member on that site, and have privileges that the public don't?
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Actually looks like two errors. One a permissions thing, and one a failure to handle the error in the manner intended. Looking further, if you go to the main page, and take the link provided, it works, so its just that you cant navigate directly there, very weird. But even more weird, once you have been there, its happy to have a direct link. Sort of like a tech "friends only" link.

And I think in a telling indication of Ian's perspective, he has no links to any of my web sites, nor any link here.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

I tried your link Geoff and got the forbidden page. I think that I am completely blocked. .......Al
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Geoff and Al,
I just tried http://www.truthforallpeople.com/ and it worked. I also tried the link from my Universal Spirituality website (in signature) under Links and that worked too. I don't think it is just me being a member of the forum, because I discovered this long before I was a member.

On another note, I took the initiative to contact Ian by email (I have corresponded with him before) and ask if he would mind us downloading and using his recordings for an e-book and he consented! So I'll PM the info to Werner and Helge a little later today for their consideration. (I am presently busy on working on my retreat travel arrangements! -- and Werner and Helge would be sleeping at this time. :) )

Love,
Eva