Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

This forum is for all other topics
jeanne
Family

Re: Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

Post by jeanne »

Hi Brian, so glad we will get to meet you in NYC! Hal has Al + I participating in a "Dream Aloud" Youth conference at St. John's University on Sat Feb 28! We've been preparing with youth leaders by skype for our workshop! I think it's going to be a full weekend with Hal + the Hollis Woods trustees. Meeting with you after we return from Namibia might work better. Can you come to Queens a day before the retreat begins? (Thurs Mar 26). Hopefully Joseph + Hal will be there too.
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

I'm posting from my little blackberry...not easy to do! to continue, we are staying at the Adria Hotel at the end of Feb + again at the end of March. Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
brian_holmes
Happy Camper

Post by brian_holmes »

Hi Jeanne, March sounds great. If the 26th meeting is evening-ish I can come.

Brian H
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Hi Werner and Helge,

FYI: Just wanted to let you know that several of us were present at Dennis' house this weekend for a Valentine's Day Prayer Circle, and he was able to do sampling of the voices for this audio project.

Has anyone counted the actual characters that are in the volumes so that there is an actual number of how many people are needed to complete the first two volumes? Additionally, IF a person had been selected or volunteered to do a character how can that person know IF their sample has been "approved" or has "passed" the audition stage and/or notified that they didn't make the cut?

Also wanted to ask if you have considered opening this invitation to recruit others outside of this website BUT that are a part of the Divine Love community who may also want to participate in order to see if there are more voices needed so that we have ONE person doing the readings of ONE or TWO characters throughout the volumes in order to have uniformity and consistancy of the audio version?

Suggestion: Hopefully, you guys have also considered having a back up alternative or understudy if the person comes down with a bad cold or cannot continue the work as they do in stage plays and/or movies? Just a thought, So, I hope this does not open a whole new can of worms!

Love and respect,

Marga
WernerV
Family

Post by WernerV »

Hi Marga,

as already mentioned and explained in the other thread, we will not be reading specific characters because that would create bottle necks. So when we just read the next available message, there will never be a problem with having colds or become ill or having to take care of a mother or father that became ill all of a sudden or (hopefully it will never happen but) someone dying :? ; because (this way) when you can't read, you don't read until you are capabel of reading again and the whole project doesn't get compromised.

I think at the moment we already have 13 or 14 volunteers so recruiting outside isn't necessary.

Concerning the recordings during the Prayer Circle. Great. It's a good way to check out everybody's voice but on the other hand we still need a test recording with the equipment everybody will be using personally. Unless everybody will be going to Dennis to record their voice, then there is no problem. :D But if not, we still need that equipment test recording.

Love and hugs, Werner.
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Werner,

Thanks for the updated information. But one of the problems that I already see is stated right here:
"as already mentioned and explained in the other thread, we will not be reading specific characters because that would create bottle necks."
IMHP: It would be nice to keep this very important information on ONE thread so that people do not miss important updates or instructions. Why? That can get too confusing or fractured directions when there are several pieces spread out over this website in regards to this very important project.

Also, not sure what you mean about bottle necks. But I'd like to suggest possibily creating a place, day and time frame for those that may live close to an area where interested parties could come together and do the actually recordings over a certain period of time. For example, those people that live within a 100 mile radius of Dennis, you or Geoff, et al could set aside a particular weekend could possibly come and do the reading/recordings on the correct updated equipment so that could avoid people having to either going out to purchase the equipment then sending in their recordings to the specific engineer that would proof, copy and cut it into another recording?

Since, I've been involved in doing recorded music in a professional music studio before, I can attest to the fact that Dennis has all of that set up already at his home in Menifee, CA. But I also know that doing such a project will be time consuming, and will need to have others that can also pitch in to help coordinate these sessions. Additionally, possibly having refreshments, break times, etc. so that all of this is not put on one or two people. We will have to find a way to work as a team.

Please let me know IF any of this makes sense because I can see it in my mind's eye as being a workable project IF we can get on the same page; as well as, be flexible in our thinking due to how large this project truly is.

Respectfully,

Marga
WernerV
Family

Post by WernerV »

Hi Marga,

I agree with keeping important info on one thread. But because the other thread was becoming so big and we needed an overview of who was willing to read and what equipment they had, I started this thread.

That is why it is called 'Recruiting voices...' and why I mentioned "If you are one who feels called to read, please post a reply here in this thread. Please also mention what you are currently using to record and whether investing in better recording equipment is an option or not. Once we have our list, we will ask you to do a test read to evaluate voice and equipment."

That's the (sole) reason for this thread "to compose a list of volunteers" but we can't control what other people start writing or what other people start using this thread for. So I'm sorry if it was confusing to you, that was not our intention.

Concerning the recordings: (I will answer it here since you've asked the question here) it was never our intention to start forming groups to record and come together at one particular place at one particular time (so I guess you've interpreted it differently?). If some of you want to do this, that's ok with me, no problem. Just fill us in on the details and how you plan on doing it, but understand that was never our intention. Our intention was/is to make an audio book based on home made individual recordings by people all around the world at their own pace and when they have the time to do it. So creating a place, day and time frame like you mentioned is (for example) a no go for me because I'm not going to buy an airplane ticket that will cost me over a thousand dollars to do something I can do from home when I have the spare time to do it.

And for example, creating groups of people to record with, is (in my opinion) creating a bottle neck. Why? You need to set a date where everybody is able to come together (which most of the time takes days or weeks to synchronise). You will only have a limited amount of time available to you depending on how many people are there and how much time you have. While when everybody does the recordings from their homes, you can plan whenever you have the time without waisting time driving, waiting for others to finish their reading,etc. The only thing you need is a good USB condenser microphone and your off.

Hope this makes some sense to you and sorry for the confusion.

Love, Werner.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Dear Marga

I started this response to your post yesterday, but I got interrupted with a 5 hour bus ride and see that Werner has responded already. I will however post here my initial response and also hope to be able to respond to your 2nd post too. I so much appreciate your inquiries and suggestions, so firstly I felt a wave of gratitude.
Thank you for sharing on the weekend and I am glad to read that you had some time to do sample recordings. Please forward them to Werner as indicated in the first mail-out to the 15 volunteers we have thus far. (It was an attachment under the heading " How to add a document in Google Drive").
Herewith just a short excerpt of that particular mail out for general information here : “This first phase requires us collecting voice samples, and checking what equipment everyone has. If you don't have a mic that Werner suggested please check with him if your recording device passes the test.
The following document attached " How to add a document in Google Drive" gives instructions on
-how to send the voice sample to Google drive
-where to place it in Google drive,
-also pay heed on how it should be named (it will help him sorting through it easily)Thus in Google drive we will park all our stuff. We start with the "test files" = samples of your voice and equipment. Once we have received everyones samples and have assurance of good equipment, we will proceed.
I also include the document "Recording Protocol Feb 2015" Please take the time to read through it as there is some good advice (mostly from the Librivox website) and including important software downloading info on Audacity.”
Thus far we have 3 samples and have not mailed out further information on the next step (how the messages will be chosen , where to retrieve the messages to be read, the Reading protocol, etc etc) as we wait for everyone to get familiar with Google drive- the working hub-, where to go and the voice/mic sample is a nice way to learn about the Google drive. Thus we are waiting for further samples to come in, getting a feel who is set and ready to proceed.
At this point I also wish to mention that this project is inclusive, everyone is welcome. Please (and I am directing this to everyone reading this) don’t feel to withhold because you are unsure of your voice, the voice sample is for the purpose of how it sounds on your equipment. Are you a speed reader or too slow……these are there to give guidance and feedback to make it sound to its optimal presence. No one will be turned away, you are a gift, your voice is a gift, thus we embrace everyone.
Werner has mentioned also that there are about the 170 messages in TGRABJ Vol 1and the implication of the distribution of the work load if “characters” would be chosen (ie one reader for one spirit writer). Jesus has 50 messages, most of the other Spirit writers have only one message. Thus, we have ideas and plans how to go about this so to have a smooth flow of recorded messages coming in, making it also easier for Werner to edit and compile them. I hope we can also accommodate the ones who really, really want to read a specific person (like I wish to read Ann Rollins because I feel close to her, ……and also love to be reading for other spirit writers too). Later in the chronological audio version, there it would be good to have readers reading for a certain spirit writers. By then we have also more experience and knowhow (I hope).

We are working hard to get the preparatory stages in place so it can flow fluidly and with ease, be assured in this (like designing a working index, making files for each individual message for easy access and download etc etc). Directions will be submitted in e-mail correspondences where we love to answer your questions or concerns, appreciating your suggestions and thoughts. Instructions, updates, information about the process will be directed to the volunteers via emails and not posted here. We do not wish to fill up the forum with information on this project besides every now and again giving some updates for everyone. It is difficult to gauge who reads here and who not. We also have participants who do not read here. Thus, info will come via email, please send us questions via email as they will be addressed faster than here on the forum and confusion or misunderstandings can be cleared as quick as possible.
Please feel free to share in your private communications with others in our world community or other forums about this project. I have not directed any official invitations to the different Divine Love groups around the world, but let the Law of Attraction do its work. However, I expressed my desire do to so in an earlier post, and I thank you for suggesting it too. This project has many purposes besides the obvious and the more are included in this action of love, the better, in my opinion. Once it gets momentum, more and more will be drawn to it and we have to have our systems in place to make it a smooth and enjoyable experience for all.
Thank you for the suggestion of having “recording hubs” where several can gather in recording sessions. I have not communicated with Dennis on this yet and don’t know if he would be ok with providing his home and has the time. Please share on the outcome of your gathering. I wish to leave it to the volunteers that live close together if they want to gather for recordings and let them organize amongst themselves. So if you have a group, please forward us with updates/ voice samples and we can coordinate further.
IMHO it is worth to spend the money to have one’s own microphone and go with the inner flow on when to record. Some days are better to record than others. If relaxed and filled with peace and Love after a prayer, the reading is so easy, than compared to other times when I am caught up in hectic worldly matters. But this is just my experience as I don’t have a group here.
I hope in this (sorry for the lengthy reply) I was able to answer your questions and wish to thank you for your participation, sharing your views and thoughts, thank you so much. Believe me, I am so ready to get rolling and am ready and set, but yet am reminded to be patient ever to be aware, that it is a flowing process. In the excitement of this wonderful work I embrace you with love,
Helge.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to add my opinion on the project, and I concur with Marga and others who expressed the opinion of having one reader for the major spirits. I believe somewhere in the beginning we mentioned producing a quality project that will last generations. I feel that part of that quality is having the same person read for Jesus all the way through, as well as Helen, Ann Rollins etc. likewise, male readers should read messages from male spirits, etc. lt will be very difficult for the listeners of a these audio messages to tell which spirit is which if the voice and gender are always switching. As far as bottle necks, I thought the purpose was to take our time and produce a high quality end product, and it was suggested that this process should take around 2 years. This should allow plenty of time for anyone with a larger role to record their respective messages.

During our prayer circle weekend, we had several of us record test recordings, but it sounds that Werner does not require these if they were not recorded on a person's own equipment. I have two professional recording (condenser) microphones and DAW software, although we used Audacity so the results would be standardized.

I hope that whomever decided to go other ways please reconsider as this is too important a project to not reconsider. Others who wish to participate, please make your opinions known as Marga, Jeanne and I have done. Again, we have time, let's make this project that will withstand the tests of time like other professional audio books that are available.

I'm looking forward to working with you all. :D

Love and hugs to everyone,
Dennis
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Werner,

Thank you for clarifying what you actually wanted to do by having individuals do personal recordings and submit them, etc. And for the fact that you said that it was not your intension to create “recording hubs” where several can gather in recording sessions. Well it kind of started looking like a divinely created plan of recording hubs as these various responses started looking like a pattern to me. For example:

1. Feb. 6, Arie said he had found come good tips on Helge's posts so he was going to be looking for a reasonable USB + Mic. Not sure if you two live less than 50 miles apart. Since Arie also has stated his desire to participate, I’m sure you two can coordinate that with your wives; as well as, anyone else in your prayer circle(s) who would may want to participate so similar samplings could be created. Please correct me if I'm wrong about you two being in close proximity to each other.

2. Feb. 9, Geoff had suggested that it would probably be better for those [who could] do this recording with Dennis on hand - And Al & Jeanne had already planned on having a Valentine Day Prayer Circle on 2-14 where Dennis, Jeanne, Joan, Holly, Judy, Suzie, and I were able to do the initial “test” vocals that could be submitted/downloaded for approval in his studio we were reading from Vol. 1.

3. Feb. 10, Brian Holmes stated that he had an Olympus digital recorder and a USB Mic for PC who just happens to be invited to meet with Al and Jeanne in NYC for the Prayer Retreat there where Joseph will also hoping to connect with them around March 27-29 for several reasons. IF I'm not mistaken, Jeanne has asked Brian to come meet on March 26. Thus, Brian and Joseph could also do this sample readings during this time span IF Brian brings his recording equipment with him.

4. Feb. 11, the people in Hawaii: Michael, Carolyn & Jimmy Walsh already have appropriate recording equipment that they could provide you with sample audio tapes during one of their regular scheduled prayer circles.

5. Mar. 2-3(?), Al & Jeanne will be visiting Helge in Nambia (sp?) early next month and once again they could probably assist Helge in getting her sample recording done since Jeanne has already seen how Dennis did ours by having us read from the Padgett messages directly into the microphone. Nevertheless, even Geoff could assist her since he already put Helge’s audio version of Al’s prayer on the website. Thus, she should be taken care of.

This is just the initial samplings, and should actually help eliminate creating bottlenecks, these scenarios couldn’t have come at a better time. Thus, actually give a jump start of getting the show on the road. So to speak. ;)

Werner this truly helps eliminate several people trying to make a sample tapes, downloading them and then waiting to hear IF their voices and the quality of the tape equipment was good enough quality to be accepted. Once Dennis and others have downloaded what they have (or will have) within the next month, or so then the process of acceptance and/or elimination could start taking place. And plans to move forward to make more recordings can begin with those voices that have been accepted. IMHO: Less stress and just the beginning of a long process. :mrgreen:

No, Sir, you don’t have to buy a plane ticket anywhere and neither does anyone else at this point. What has been started is just the tip of the iceberg…there is more to come. Hopefully, it shall be accomplished in a professional and polished manner. What this all demonstrates to me is that our heavenly Father and His Celestial Angels are helping us get the ball rolling. And we can prayerfully take the rest on as it comes.

Please forgive me if I sounded confused because I’m not -- just wanted to try to get a better perspective on how this could come together smoother than what was being presented. And now, as I went back over the people that have let you know they have a plan; as well as, the ones that have already made plans to be traveling to certain places on already scheduled visits where several people will be in attendance – it appears to be a no brainer. :D :? :lol:

Once you have the samples, and start making decisions on which voices and equipment will work, you and Helge can come up with Plan B: How to move forward from there. Hope this is beginning to make sense to you because it sure does sound like it's the beginning of Plan A to me. ;) Praise God!!!

Love and hugs,

Marga