Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

This forum is for all other topics
WernerV
Family

Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

Post by WernerV »

Dear All,

As many of you probably already read in another thread, we are starting an exciting new project: the recordings of an audio book of the Divine Love messages.

As a first step we are going to record all the messages from Mr. Padgett’s TGRABJ volume 1.

To do so, we need an army of loving volunteers willing to read some messages. ;)

If you are one who feels called to read, please post a reply here in this thread. Please also mention what you are currently using to record and whether investing in better recording equipment is an option or not.

Once we have our list, we will ask you to do a test read to evaluate voice and equipment.

Please do not rule yourself out because you think you don’t have the right voice or a nice accent or the right equipment! If your heart leaps for joy when you think of this project just reply here. And if you still have a bunch of questions or doubts just mention them in your reply.

Lots of love and hugs, Werner.
arie2012
Family

Re: Recruiting voices for our first audio book!

Post by arie2012 »

Hi Werner,

You already know that you can add my name to the list ;) ! I'll see if I can find a USB-mic for a reasonable price. There were some good tips in one of Helge's posts the other day, I think..

In Love,
Arie
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Werner,
Please know you can count Al and I "in"....we'll be with Dennis & Suzy & others for a Divine Love gathering in Southern California next weekend....and on our way to meet Geoff and Helge in Namibia (in March)....so I leave the logistics to Al, Dennis, Geoff & Helge to respond further! THANK YOU for taking a leadership role and encouraging everyone! We'll pass on your invitation to the folks attending the gathering in So Cal about this awesome project! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
WernerV
Family

Post by WernerV »

Well, you can also count me in to read some messages and I already have a condenser microphone.

To those who want to buy one also check ebay! (http://www.ebay.com/bhp/m-audio-microphone)
Just be sure to buy a USB one: eg. M-Audio Vocal Studio Producer USB Microphone.

But before you buy, try to record a small message (even if it is with your phone) as a test so we can evaluate your voice. Just to make sure you don't sound like for example 'the Nanny'! :lol: We will mail all volunteers once we made the list with a link where to upload the audio files and let you know if it's ok for you to acquire equipment.
If you think you already have the necessary equipment, please mention it, so we can also evaluate the quality of the recordings.

Love and hugs, Werner.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Suzie and I have the equipment and ability to digitally record.

I think Suzie would make a great Helen!!!!

Love and hugs,

Dennis
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Thanks Werner for taking up the leadership on the audio technical side of this project. I’m glad that you provided a link that showed the type of microphone that would be good to use. When you first said it would be best to record with an usb microphone I did an image search to see what one looked like. Here is what I initial found for a USB Mike. http://www.godinezstore.com/img/p/1/2/1 ... efault.jpg
Wazowski!!! I’m glad I didn’t buy something like this, the results would have been monstrous for sure. :lol:

I currently don’t have a usb microphone but I can borrow a good recorder that can record in either wav or mp3 format. Here is what it looks like. http://tascam.com/product/dr-40/ Do you think it’s up to snuff for making a good quality recording? Thanks again.

With love and a monster sized HUG,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
WernerV
Family

Post by WernerV »

Hi David,

Thanks for volunteering.
The tascam is a very good recorder so yes it will (probably) do. (Geoff has a similar recorder only a different brand.)
I say probably because a test recording is something we really always have to do to rule out any problems.
I know we are not aiming for professional recordings but still it needs to be 'good'.

Hi Dennis,

Great to see you and Suzie are joining the party too! :D
As I said in the other thread (personally) I don't think it would be wise to choose specific characters (look at my explanation in the other thread) per volunteer, but ofcourse that's only my opinion.

Love and hugs, Werner.
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Dear friends,

I have been reading all the posts and following this with great interest. Even if I may not be able to record I am on record that I wholehearted embrace this momentous project. I am in awe of the talent that it showing up and willing to join this great work.

I do not know the driving distance to Dennis and Suzie's home (remembering that he announced he has recording equipment), but if it is not too far, I would love to offer my voice in any way needed (or desired). So you can put my name on the list as a standby.

With love to all,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Please count me in. I am so happy and excited about this !!!! :D How wonderful to see the list of readers/ recording voices growing. Thank you all. The mic situation is still a headache for me, but I hope I can find something reasonable soon (many of our –Namibian- electronic stuff is imported and reeeeaaly expensive).
Thank you Werner !!!!
Hugs n love, Helge.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Helge, I will ask Dennis & Al about purchasing a mic this weekend when we are in So. California so that we can bring it to you in Namibia. Or, maybe Geoff prefers to do this?! We'll figure it out (by email). Thanks for letting us know. Love Jeanne xo
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!