My Love

This forum is for all other topics
Kristy
Family

My Love

Post by Kristy »

Hi Folks, There is a lovely song that Stevie Wonder and Julio Iglesias sing as a duet that I have had on my mp3 player for some time. This past week as I exercised, I listened carefully to the words and they "sent me" into a sea of Love. The words expressed there are simply amazing to me. I shared the song with a few others and they felt the same so I am now sharing it with you all .... my "in Love" family. I am thinking that if Dennis doesn't already have this tune in his repertoire, then perhaps he will consider adding it. Please click the link below if you would like and it will send you over to YouTube. With Love, Kristy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAMYrPYLHQ
Eva
Family

Re: My Love

Post by Eva »

Thanks for sharing it Kristy. For anyone who would like to follow the lyrics with the music, they can be found here: http://www.lyricsmania.com/my_love_lyri ... onder.html
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

It's a wonderful song and the lyrics are written as if specifically about God's gift of Divine Love. Thank you for sharing this beautiful song with us Kristy.....love David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Here is another quote -- this time from a Buddhist source -- that could easily describe the Divine Love. Some writers have amazing insights -- and probably do have the Love in their souls, even though they are on a different spiritual path.

"From the very depths of our heart, we radiate in all directions the sincere wish for all living beings to have happiness and the causes that bring happiness. The immeasurable quality of Loving-kindness is boundless, open, and pure—an all-embracing love, dedicated to serving the highest welfare of all beings. Like a nurturing mother who protects and cares for her children, this sublime Love brings comfort, tenderness, warmth, and understanding to those in need.
Always unconditional, free of self-interest, attachment, or expectation, Loving-kindness seeks no reward or compensation. This Love is the very heart of generosity, sympathy, and benevolence. In this way, Loving-kindness opens the heart and dissolves resentment, anger, hatred, possessiveness, and selfish desire.
Our Loving-kindness — our sincere wish for all beings to have happiness — must extend even further than those to whom we feel close. Our Loving-kindness must extend to and embrace all living beings throughout all realms of existence for it to become sublime, limitless, and immeasurable."

Neil Steven Cohen from SourcePoint Global Outreach, Mount Shasta, CA. Taken from The Heart of Dharma Collection.