Happy 98th Anniversary of The Prayer

This forum is for all other topics
DennisT
Family

Happy 98th Anniversary of The Prayer

Post by DennisT »

I meant to post this earlier, but I can't let this day pass without thinking about The Prayer that was given to James Padgett on December 2nd, 98 years ago!

For me, I love this Prayer, and although no specific words are needed, it is a beautiful prayer filled with many Truths!

Join me in thanking our Creator and the Master for teaching us about Divine Love and giving us The Prayer on this day in 1916.

Here is a copy of that message from Jesus:

I am here, Jesus.

I merely want to say a word for the benefit of you and your friend, and that is, that I have listened to your conversation tonight, and find that it is in accord with the truth; and the influence of the Spirit is with you both. Continue in your line of thought and in prayer to the Father, and, also, in your making known to others, whenever the opportunity arises, the importance of seeking for and getting the Divine Love.

As your friend said, the only prayer that is necessary is the prayer for the inflowing of this Love; all other forms, or real aspirations, of prayer are secondary, and of themselves, will not tend to produce this love in the souls of men.

Let your prayer be as follows: -

Our Father, who art in heaven, we recognize:

That Thou Art--art all holy and loving and merciful, and that we are the children of Thy care and not the subservient, sinful and depraved creatures that our false teachers1 would have us believe.

That we are the greatest of Thy creations and the most wonderful of all Thy handiworks, and that we are the objects of Thy great Soul's love and tenderest care.

That Thy will is that we become at one with Thee and partake of Thy great love which Thou hast bestowed upon us through Thy mercy and desire that we become, in truth, Thy children; and not through the sacrifice and death of any one of Thy creatures, even though the world thinks that one Thy equal and a part of Thy godhead.

That Thou will open up our souls to the inflowing of Thy love, and that then will come Thy holy spirit to bring into our souls, this, Thy love in great abundance until our souls may be transformed into the very essence of Thyself; and that there may come to us faith--such faith as will cause us to realize that we are truly Thy children and that we are one with Thee in very substance and not in image only.

Let us have such faith as will cause us to know that Thou art our Father and the bestower of every good and perfect gift, and that only we, ourselves, can prevent Thy love changing us from the mortal to the immortal.

Let us never cease to realize that Thy love is waiting for each and all of us, and that when we come to Thee with faith and earnest aspirations, Thy love will never be withholden from us.

Keep us in the shadow of Thy love every hour and moment of our lives, and help us to overcome all temptations of the flesh and the influence of the powers of the evil ones who so constantly surround us and endeavor to turn our thoughts away from Thee to the pleasures and allurements of this world.

We thank Thee for Thy love and for the possibility of receiving it, and believe that Thou art our Father--the loving Father who smiles upon us in our weakness, and is always ready to help us and take us to Thy arms of love.

We pray thus with all the earnestness and longings of our soul, and trusting in Thy love give Thee all the glory and honor and love that our finite souls can give.

This is the only prayer that men need offer to the Father. It is the only one that appeals to the love of the Father, and with the answer, which will surely come, will come all the blessings that men may need, and which the Father sees are for the good of His creatures.

I am in very great rapport with you tonight, and see that the Father's love is with you, and that your souls are hungry for more. So, my brothers, continue to pray and have faith, and in the end will come a bestowal of the love like unto that which came to the apostles at Pentecost. I will not write more now. In leaving you, I will leave my love and blessings and the assurance that I pray to the Father for your happiness and love. Good night.

Your brother and friend,

Jesus
Joseph
Family

Re: Happy 98th Anniversary of The Prayer

Post by Joseph »

Dear bro Dennis,

Thank you for posting this wonderful reminder of the prayer Jesus gave to James and Leslie (Dr. Stone). The first thought that came to me when I saw the subject title "Happy 98th ..." is this:

Will the FCNB sponsor a 100th Anniversary Retreat to honor this memorable event?

I truly hope so. And I pray that I will be able to attend such an historic event. :D

For me personally, this puts things in perspective when you see the reality of the span of time between when James Padgett began to receive messages from Jesus (September 12th, 1914) and when Jesus gave the prayer on December 2nd, 1916.

The question I continually ask Angels is this: Why did Jesus wait 2 years and 3 months to give the Prayer for the Divine Love? Prayer and continual urgings by spirits that James pray was a very important part of the messages recorded by James. James prayed, did he not? And Jesus himself also wrote that formal prayers are not needed: "longings of the soul are much quicker than formed thought." Then why did Jesus give a formal prayer? And why did Jesus write to James and say that this is the only prayer men need pray?

Do we find answers to these and other questions in the Padgett Messages?

Thoughts on a Wednesday morning.

Thanks again Dennis.

With love and hugs to you and everyone,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Dennis for this wonderful piece of information. You are ever the archivist my friend. Joseph you ask some good questions here. I think that it took some time for Jesus to build the rapport with James and for James to grow in the Love in order for this lovely prayer to come through as Jesus intended. Communication with the highest of all celestial beings must take some doing and that communication is constricted and directed by the medium and his or her soul development. So it must have taken some time to build that communication bridge in a way that allowed for clarity.and rapport. These laws are always operating and cannot be ignored. Our thoughts play such a big role in this and I believe it took James some time to be in the right frame of mind in order to receive the Prayer Perfect. The quality of this communication is also a testimony to the gift of mediumship which he possessed. Lucky for us, the stars must have all aligned for this communication to occur.

For some, a formal prayer is important and gives validity to the intention. For others a heart felt less formal prayer is where its at. In those times, churches were an integral part of most peoples lives and I think that this prayer was an attempt by Jesus to reach out to those church folks in a language and context that they were familiar with. What is in this prayer is indeed all that needs to be said to receive God's Love. As long as the intentionality is there, we all know that any verbal prayer is not required. For those just beginning, I think that a prayer like this one is a great help. It's a road map to the prize. Formal, informal or silent longing, all these forms of prayers reach the Source and is responded to accordingly. I'm glad that God makes the road so wide and suited to all His children. What a Loving God He is. May God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
TimJ
Happy Camper

Post by TimJ »

Hi All!

Thanks for the heads-up, Dennis!

I agree with Al that it simply took some time to achieve the desired clarity. On the question of formality, I’d like to suggest that we, as humans, often consider formality as a common protocol for relationships. Most of our relationships have begun with some sort of formality, no?

Another thought I wanted to share is that this prayer, while methodical, acts as a guide (the image I get is a drum major) to lead your thoughts to places that will serve you well. With all the day-to-day discord, it’s a means to focus.

This reminds me of the times when I find myself in a structured church, saying the “Lords Prayer”. I’d enjoy saying the prayer as if it were conversational, not perfectly in time with those around me. Of course, if everyone did that, it’d be a cluster (that would make a drum major frown), but who knows, maybe someone heard my attempt to personalize it and they paused for consideration. With your mind in the right place, I think the “Lord’s Prayer” can work wonders too.

Love and blessings your way and I hope you’re having a great day, wherever you may be.
Tim
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

I read this recently:
By controlling the direction of your mind, you control the direction of your life.
Using the structured prayer for the Divine Love as I have over the past 8 years, I really do believe that the fabric of my brain as well as my mind has definitely changed direction, and the direction of my life has been changed, and continues to be changed. The process does not stop.

I agree with Al and others that Jesus did not give the prayer until James Padgett (and Leslie Stone) were at a place of spiritual growth to receive the Prayer. Both men were in the room together when Jesus gave the Prayer.

HOWEVER ... do you realize that neither James nor Leslie liked the Prayer? They actually saw little or no worth in it.

Why do I say this? Does anyone know?

[Here is a hint: If you read the Padgett Messages in chronological order, look for a message that James received from John.]

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Joseph wrote:
HOWEVER ... do you realize that neither James nor Leslie liked the Prayer? They actually saw little or no worth in it.

Why do I say this? Does anyone know?

[Here is a hint: If you read the Padgett Messages in chronological order, look for a message that James received from John.]

Joseph
You can use this link which has all of John's messages in date order:

http://new-birth.net/misc/The%20Disciples.htm#8

Now all you need to do is look for one after Dec 2nd, 1916.

hugs
Geoff
TimJ
Happy Camper

Post by TimJ »

Geoff wrote:Now all you need to do is look for one after Dec 2nd, 1916.
It still took me a while to find it… another hint: There were at least two months of doubt and confusion following the receipt of “The Prayer” when John offered some words of encouragement about it.

I guess I knew there was some initial dissonance about it, but I hadn’t realized prior that it caused as much confusion as it did. This is very interesting!

So, it’s amazing to me that it was received as early as it was with as much clarity as it contains.

Love,
Tim
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I have just created an illustrated file of the Prayer that can be downloaded as JPG or PDF from my website for your personal edification / inspiration. It is my gift to whoever would like it and can be accessed from here: http://universal-spirituality.net/human ... ivine-love. :)

May we all continue growing in the Love.
Eva
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Prayer for Divine Love

February 6th, 1917
I am here, John.

I want to say a few words in reference to your conversation about "The Prayer", the importance of thoroughly understanding it, its Spiritual significance, and the Wonderful Truths that it contains.

I heard you say that when you first received it there was in its meaning all confusion. That you did not understand that it would convey any Great Truths, or help very much those who should offer it to the Father. Well, I have no doubt but what you say is true. There is a good reason for the same. That is; that it is so full of the Declarations of Wonderful Truths, and thoughts for soul aspirations, that it was difficult, and almost impossible, for your mind, or soul, to grasp the same.

Like every other Truth that humans do not understand, it does not, at first reception, appear to be a thing of Truth that humans can learn, and learning, make their own.

But the Truths of that Prayer, when rightly analyzed, will appear sufficient to meet every necessity that humans need, or are in want of, to bring them to a Perfect At-Onement with the Father, and assure them of Eternal Salvation as His Divine Children, and the partakers of Immortality.

Very soon I will come and give you a full explanation of "The Prayer", and its Deep and Vital Truths, so that you may become real possessors of its full meaning.

Tonight I do not think it best for me to write more. In closing will say to you and your friends that you must not become discouraged in the work that you have before you, or in the work that you are now doing. For I, John, tell you that your labor is absolutely necessary to make our Truths known to Humanity. There are no others, of all the humans of Earth, who have been selected for this work, or can perform it. For none have the qualifications developed for the rapport which we have established.

So take what I say seriously. Do not let the importance of the work, or the thought that you are not suited to do the work, cause you to think that we have made a mistake in our selection. Or, that this power, that has been given to you, is a mere myth and without reality. The High Spirits who are followers of, and are led by, the Master, have, in following the Master's desire, determined that you three shall be the ones to start the spread of these Great Truths amongst humans, and leave behind you helpers who will carry on the work after you come over to receive the reward of your well-doing.

I am John. I write with authority, and must be believed.
So with my Love to you both, and the Blessings of the Father, I will say goodnight, John.