"They are welcoming us in"

This forum is for all other topics
Helge Mercker
Family

Re: "They are welcoming us in"

Post by Helge Mercker »

Thank you Elizabeth and Kathryn for sharing and it is indeed such an interesting topic, which i have been pondering on the last few days.
At our last Saturday's feed of the orphans (210 in number) we had several elders and community members present, including teachers, ministers (from 6 different congregations), community police etc. After singing and praying with the children the 12 of us sat in our small office in a circle. After the initial introductions and sharing of heart matters (children/poverty/hardships etc) it soon became evident that there was a lot of love in the room. It was beautiful to watch how the peace came over us, and it seemed everyone was knowingly smiling. It was a moving experience, since we are from different backgrounds, different ethnic groups, different belief systems, but yet it seemed we felt that something beautiful just happened. Since then i prayed for more insight and was guided to several messages and here are a few excerpts:

"There are so many people in the world who have reached deep wisdom, who know the Love of God, without having ever seen the Padgett messages or the Urantia Book, etc. They come to this wisdom because they seek it. And we help them in their quest, and we guide them as we guide all those who are willing to let themselves be guided.
If you open your eyes you will see how God's Love has found a home in many souls in this world, and how It works through them, with another vocabulary, with other means, but in the same direction. (Judas of Kerioth: Judas Nov.9, 2001)

"Religion, as we have stated repeatedly, is the mortal's or the spirit's own relationship to God. Religion, therefore, is a soul to Soul relationship, personal and very own in its character for each person. And so are the proofs, personal and very unique. What you consider a proof for another person won't be any proof, because they are personal experiences which cannot be measured or weighed or expressed in mathematical formulas."
[ ] "Seek God and your religion within you. It is there where you will experience His manifestations, it is there where you will accumulate that durable knowledge we call faith. Use the appropriate instrument, namely prayer."Judas of Kerioth: John Mark Oct. 29, 2001).

It is so touching to me to see how God is reaching each seeking soul in its unique and special way. I am so thankful to learn from and witness people who live the Love, who have an awareness of the demands of the Law of Divine Love , which requires the activation of the obtained Love. I feel so blessed and fortunate to be here and to have met some of you; - to be inspired by the writings here, by the work you do in being a channel of God's Love; - to work alongside active participants of Love amongst the poorest of poor .

In conclusion i wish to add a line from a message of Helen on March 23, 1915: "Divine Love is not only warmth, but it is the very burnings of the soul's great storehouse of God's Divine Essence."

Much love to all, Helge

PS: Wishing all participants at the Divine Love Retreat in Windsor, CA a wonderful and blessed time ; Safe travels dear Joseph .
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Thank you dear friend, Elizabeth, for starting this thread with your deeply insightful post. I especially appreciate the quote about longings being more effective than words in connecting us to the Creator's Love and the example you give of how you and your friend together created a condition in which Love could be present with you both, a shared sense of our Creator's Presence felt by you both.

And I appreciate your description, Kathy, of how your son's love for Jesus informs his daily life and guides his responses to others, like the homeless people that most passerbys shun.

I find "They are welcoming us in", the heading of your post, very meaningful, Elizabeth. The more I walk this path, the more I realize that the Love is always with us; that it is our own choice whether to acknowledge and reach for it, or to remain in the limited mental realm. This is one of my struggles, to maintain my awareness of and longing for the Love in the face of intrusive thoughts, feelings and beliefs. Increasingly, I am able to recognize when I become stuck and take time to pray for Love to help me with the distress I feel, much as your son does, Kathy.

The challenges of living a spiritually-led life in this realm are great, but the rewards of meeting our challenges with prayer are greater!

I want to acknowledge how deeply inspiring the example of Al and Jeanne has been to me. I have been witness to the way they dealt with the anguish of their beloved son's missteps in his journey by going to our Creator, intensifying their prayers and calling on the Love to uphold them all. I have seen the blessings that have resulted, and are still coming. True faith is burnished in the fires of life.

I look forward to more of your posts Elizabeth, and to the discusssions and reflections they inspire!
With love,
Terry
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Helge,
I didn't see your post until after I posted mine! I have to get used to checking how many pages there are to each thread.
How lovely to picture the gathering you describe, in which the Love unites everyone gathered, transcending their many differences. Thank you for finding the quotes you share; they are so confirming and helpful. It is wonderful to feel how the Love works amongst groups of individuals, wonderful to be the channel for Love to flow in this way!
Thank you, dear Helge!
Love,
Terry
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

i greet all of you with love,

First thank you Helge for the beautiful sharing of your recent experience and work. We will all hold you in prayer tomorrow morning (and evening) in our prayer circle here in Winsor, CA, for the greatest manifestation of Divine Love in all your material circumstances.

Joseph made it on time and in good shape. It is so wonderfull to have him at a gathering!

We had dinner together and then back to Worldmark. Most retired early with jet lag, or travel lag, if you will.

i am going to finnish up now and go pray and meditate.

pray with us tomorrow.

much love to all, dave k.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Thank you Dave, I'll be praying with you. May the coming days be filled with Love, with deep and heartfelt exchanges and discussions, in the presence of our Angel friends,- guides and - helpers. May the prayers bring us the very Substance of God's Love accompanied by the peace that passes all understanding and an awareness of the burnings in us ( souls) to do Our Fathers Will. Much love and a big African hug to everyone there, Helge.
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hello dear friends,

I receive daily emails from a group that shares the writings of Richard Rohr. While I don't agree with some of his views which cling to erroneous beliefs, I like a good deal of it. I am not writing to advertise him or his writings, however. But today I read a couple sentences by him which capture what I was seeking to say in my original , "They Are Welcoming Us In" at the beginning of this string:

Christ is the one truth pattern, and Jesus personified it in time, but many non-Christians actually live this “truth pattern” much, much better than many Christians. I know some of them.

Adapted from The Cosmic Christ

I know some of them too. And many of them are in the Divine Love community, and some are not. And yet, are receiving the Divine Love. Or at least it seems so to me.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I love this quote Elizabeth. The Christ Spirit or Divine Love as we call it is accepted intuitively by many, even those who do not aspire to Christianity. There are a lot of hungry souls out there and they will find the nurturing they long for even if it comes with a big dollop of error. The soul knows what it needs and if the mind does not obstruct this flow of Love too much, there will be Divine connection and the fulfillment of longing. We are so blessed to know the process clearly and concisely. Thank God Padgett was able to put aside his fears and mental prejudices to allow these truths to come through him. His intense and lawyerly desire for unadorned truth gave us such a powerful gift as God worked through him and broke down multiple barriers of fear and ignorance. Hopefully He can use us to the same ends.
I believe that this author that you quote knows the Divine Love on a soul level it's just that his mind must adorn the simple truth with learned error. So many are in that boat. Even we dedicated few followers must confront our own errors in thought as we progress with the Love. There is so much more to know and to unknow. The process continues ad infinitum. God bless........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hi Al,

I know I sound like a 'fan' of yours--and I am--but I cannot resist saying, yet again, that you have expressed it so beautifully :)

I've mentioned before in the forum that I attended a 2 day silent retreat in April....it was put on by "Contemplative Outreach" which is a group of contemplatives who are Catholic in their background, but not like the Catholics that I grew up with....and I asked the retreat leader if he was familiar with Richard Rohr, because they reminded me of him, and the priest said yes, that Rohr is a good friend of his....although I gathered that they have different 'speeds' in their work....anyhow, I was able to enjoy the retreat because it was largely wordless and people were not expected to take on any doctrines...and so I felt safe and free to pray in my own way....and I came away with a stronger sense that there was Divine Love there....and when people talk, whether it's at a Divine Love retreat, or at a Catholic retreat, human frailties will surface ('hello' to that) but in both places, in the silence, and even under the talking, Divine Love can come, if yearned for....there's a relief in that, for me....that I don't need to 'get it right' and while I may make mistakes, the Divine Love won't pass me by if I yearn for it...my friend Percy helped me to see that in a recent phone conversation...

thanks again, Al, you are really something,
elizabeth
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Oh Elizabeth, you embarrass me with praise. :oops: . It is a mutual admiration society going on here though as we are feeding each other with intriguing and inspiring thoughts. It's great to be able to resonate in this way. Thanks for doing so. With much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

There is so much more to know and to unknow.
Preach on, brother! Preach on! I think I'll drop an amen or two. I didn't intend on writing anything...simply wanted to read and learn...but some words just hit you in the right spot if at the right moment.
With Blessings!
Doles