James Padgett Bio

This forum is for all other topics
Joseph
Family

James Padgett Bio

Post by Joseph »

I read the well-written bio of James Padgett in the website that Dennis wrote and had a question about his source of information where he wrote:
Helen and James were married for thirty-two years, but in 1910, Helen and James separated.
The question I have is this, when were they separated during 1910? It must have happened after the US Census information was recorded on April 23, 1910. The census information indicates that on April 23rd that James and Helen were listed as married and living in the same location.

I am not doubting the information about the separation; I'm only asking when it happened.

An interesting bit of information from the US Census, is that during the census of the year 1900 James and Helen and family were living in their own home and also had a servant living with them. But in 1910, James and Helen (and Nita) were living as "boarders" in a different location.

I did the above research in US Census records 6 years ago soon after I came to know about James Padgett and the messages he received. I worked for the Census Bureau twice.

With love,

Jopseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
DennisT
Family

Re: James Padgett Bio

Post by DennisT »

Hi Joseph,

It is wonderful that you were also a Census worker. My Suzie also worked with the Census, and there is a wealth of information contained within those records. The major drawback, however, is that the U.S. Census records are available in ten-year periods, so there's not much available in between census years. Also, with privacy laws, they have just released the 1940 Census information because of the 72-year waiting period!! I'm not holding my breath for the 1950 release! :lol: :lol:

I based my biography on the census records and other research, including city directories (which were published annually) and newspaper clippings. Unfotunately, when I stumbled upon Helen's divorce filing, the newspaper clipping said that the couple had "separated in September, 1910".

It appears when the cenus was taken in April, they were still living together at the Stratford Hotel, and at that time, anyone who was not the property owner or related to the property owner was listed in the Census as a "boarder." But by September of the same year, they had separated.

Helen talked about their separation in at least one of her messages. I'll have to find that one because she said some sweet things about reading James' old love letters during the time of their separation.

With much love and big hugs,
Dennis
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

DennisT wrote:Helen talked about their separation in at least one of her messages. I'll have to find that one because she said some sweet things about reading James' old love letters during the time of their separation.
Dear Dennis,

I would like to see that one. No doubt I did not make that connection initially, not knowing the background.

hugs
Geoff
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

It's a message from Helen, November 2, 1921

I will see if this image url works:

If the above is not legible, then you can see a larger size of the the message here: http://divine-love.us/sample-transcribed-message.html

Hugs :D
Dennis
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Dennis,

Ahh, an unpublished message. No wonder I did not know of it. Thanks a lot. Thats a nice looking site, is it yours? Yeah I found the domain registration info. Have you got a lot of unpublished messages?

love,
Geoff
Zara B
Family

Post by Zara B »

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for sharing your insights about this question, having heard some mention of this issue earlier this year and thank you Dennis for showing us the unpublished message received by James.

I have been following this story about whether or not James and Helen were divorced or at least separated, and how this then places the Padgett Messages in context with the receiver of the messages - James.

Over the years I have seen comment on the Padgett Messages as to their authenticity, and with each passing day, their profile extends further into the reading public. I am convinced that the experience and message of Divine Love can withstand -- and will withstand -- any human attempt to place the material in a dramatisation of human relationships. There is simply too many people who are experiencing the Love and know how true this Love is. Today there are messages from the spirits that have confirmed that James and Helen are together and are soulmates. There is no doubt that Helen had received enough Divine Love to understand the greater context of living and love, and how to work within the Spirit Laws that James was beginning to learn about. Helen knew that they were soulmates whilst James was receiving information about this. Helen perceived their relationship from a greater awareness of the Truths and had forgiven and accepted that her human relationship formed only a small part of what was to become a more substantial union between two souls.

If James and Helen were separated and or divorced, this only adds to the drama of a personal relationship and we would need to know the reasons why so that this history has reasonable context. The reason for this rests in the fact that even if they were divorced the individual who made contact with James and is an all-sustaining influence throughout the material is Helen! This tells us that if they were divorced they still must have loved each other for James to even have a desire or inclination to receive a message from his departed wife or ex-wife. There are plenty of people who in their divorce strive to have nothing to do with the other person let alone receive 7 years of communication!

I am sure there will be many stories to come about James Padgett because the material is so unique and it will be how we relate with the Divine Love in our own lives that then determines how we can best work with the Celestials at generating a truthful account and awareness of this Love that may benefit another's heart and ear upon hearing about the Divine Love for the first time.

With love,
Zara
A drop of Divine Love - an ocean of truth for the soul
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Hi Dennis and Geoff and Zara and other readers,
Geoff wrote:

Ahh, an unpublished message. No wonder I did not know of it.
Funny, that was my exact response when I saw that Dennis was referring to an unpublished message. There are many people, 100s I am sure, who are astute readers of the Padgett messages, and to hear the news about the separation and divorce of Helen and James is, at least initially, a shock. Why? Because, there is no clear evidence within the messages that there was a rift between James and Helen. We are aware that many personal messages were destroyed by James. And we are aware that there are many unpublished messages. How do we know about unpublished messages? To some extent we know this because of the personal diary or tablet that James kept as a log of the messages received. Not all the dated messages in Padgett's diary are published.

What I find interesting about the unpublished message that Dennis showed us is that it is not listed in the Padgett diary. The last entry in his diary is September 19th, 1920.

Back several months ago When Geoff wrote me an email to share the discovery of information pertaining to the separation/divorce of James and Helen I was very surprised, but not in the least distraught. Whatever the evidence might be found or offered concerning the circumstances involved in dissolution of the marriage, in my estimation changes absolutely nothing about the messages given to mankind by Celestial angels through James Padgett. The honesty and openness I see in the messages is one of the beautiful aspects of these angelic messages that I have always found a great blessing. For example, remember the honesty in John the Baptist's message, where he said that he was surprised that the Master selected James Padgett?

And most of all, I see the beauty of the messages between Helen and James which are filled with expressions of love.

Love, Divine Love, comes to humans only with the condition that we open ourselves to receive it. It does not come only to the rich or to so-called saints. Love is for all, and everywhere throughout the entire world. This and so much more I see in the Padgett messages.

Divine Love came to me, and, by gosh, I have been married three times!

Love these Padgett messages!! And I love James and Helen.

With much love and hugs,

Joseph
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hi Zara, I couldn’t agree with you more. James and Helen experienced life pretty much the same way we all experience it today. When I first discovered the messages, I really felt a strong connection with James. Now, the more details I discover about their lives and those around them, the more the story really resonates with me. As an attorney and also a person who has experienced a divorce, I feel especially close to James and his life experiences.
I also agree that Helen was immensely responsible for pulling and prodding her “Ned” along through the highs and lows of his life after she passed. Of the more than 2,500+ messages, nearly 1,000 are from Helen! Together they learned about Divine Love, and you can really see their growth in the Love as you follow the messages in chronological order. It truly is an amazing story! (and it is still unfolding for me :o )

Joseph, I totally agree with you as well. I love the Padgett Messages and what they teach us. And there are plenty of messages where the spirits questioned why James was chosen, but for me, this tells me their is certianly hope for this ol' attorney!! :lol: :lol: Suzie and I asked for guidance from James Padgett, and through a contemporary message (posted on this forum) he replied that we were on the right track, and there is more to the story. So our resarch continues. However, I do not post or announce the details in any way to minimize the tremendous work that was accomplished by James and Helen. On the contrary, I feel the more details we discover only shows the richness of their ordinary lives, and their growth in Divine Love really shows how this ordinary couple became extrodinary spirits in the Love of our Father.

Yes, Geoff, the website is mine. It is the same one I started back in September, but it has a fresh look. I haven’t had much time to work on it lately :D

To answer your other question, I really don’t know how many unpublished messages I have. What I have done is created an index on an Excel spreadsheet, and that’s where I took notes as I read every message in your superb compilation of the Padgett Messages (how many pages was that, about 764??)

Now as I read the individual messages, I check my notes. If the message was included in your publication, then I highlight the entry in a green-colored font. If the message is not found in your book, I create a new entry and highlight the entry in a red-colored font. When I’m finished, I will be able to tell you how many of the messages I have that are not published.

I must thank you, Geoff, for your wonderful dedication and work on the publication of the messages, your website, and for directing people to this forum. If it were not for you, my friend, I don’t know where I would be. Probably just another divorced attorney! So I must thank you from the bottom of my heart as my life has a new direction, a new purpose and a new mate to share it with on the Divine Love Path.

With much love and hugs to all,
Dennis :D
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

DennisT wrote:Now as I read the individual messages, I check my notes. If the message was included in your publication, then I highlight the entry in a green-colored font. If the message is not found in your book, I create a new entry and highlight the entry in a red-colored font. When I’m finished, I will be able to tell you how many of the messages I have that are not published.
Dear Dennis,

Not sure whether that is the "Gospel of Truth and Light to Mankind"? but the chronological publications don't have the "published" but undated messages, which are here: http://new-birth.net/padgett_messages_undated.htm
DennisT wrote:I must thank you, Geoff, for your wonderful dedication and work on the publication of the messages, your website, and for directing people to this forum. If it were not for you, my friend, I don’t know where I would be. Probably just another divorced attorney! So I must thank you from the bottom of my heart as my life has a new direction, a new purpose and a new mate to share it with on the Divine Love Path.
Thank you Dennis. Its always great to know that something you did had a good outcome, a value to someone else. What I believe is essential, is the coming together as we do here, the sharing, the building on what others have done. I continue to be amazed at what Joseph has done, and it is true that he was able to do a lot of that because I did some work myself. And thats how I think we are managing to make far more progress these days, than in the past. The Internet allows us to share, and build on what others have done. Even if its still largely uncoordinated.

But perhaps I should have asked "where did you get that image?" Is it one that was scanned in the Gibsons? Or one that was scanned earlier at the FCNB?

hugs
Geoff
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Geoff wrote:
I should have asked "where did you get that image?" Is it one that was scanned in the Gibsons? Or one that was scanned earlier at the FCNB?
All along I assumed Geoff was the "clearing house' for things new. Not that it must be this way, but just the way I assumed things about the Padgett messages. Of course I realize that Michael Bailey is not prone to easily share. Now I see that there is another source, and do wonder how Dennis received the unpublished message and not also Geoff -- which brings me to the second point, where Geoff wrote:
What I believe is essential, is the coming together as we do here, the sharing, the building on what others have done. I continue to be amazed at what Joseph has done, and it is true that he was able to do a lot of that because I did some work myself. And that's how I think we are managing to make far more progress these days, than in the past. The Internet allows us to share, and build on what others have done. Even if its still largely uncoordinated.
I do believe that we are making progress in the area of sharing, and indeed the Internet facilitates this sharing. What really helps it along is the breaking down of barriers and allowing love to bring us together as brothers and sisters.

A side issue of this is something I often consider. I will soon be 78 and I have already asked one individual if he would like to take over helping to complete a few books I have published but are in dire need of editing and revision. He turned me down. What will become of all my files when I pass? It is not a major issue, more personal perhaps. After all, the main files that I have used for my books, as Geoff knows and noted, are to be found in his wonderful website. Perhaps my son may take an interest in this, or perhaps my daughter; perhaps both. That would be nice, but may not happen.

[Please excuse this small digression.]

With love to all,

Joseph