Meeting Other Seekers of Divine Love

This forum is for all other topics
jeanne
Family

Re: Meeting Other Seekers of Divine Love

Post by jeanne »

Thank you, Zack, for sharing your memory of watching that video clip! It was a gift to Al and I by a beautiful woman from Bogota, Colombia, who came to Canada as a refugee. She had been kidnapped by the FARC, chained to a tree in the jungle for 6 months, and then was freed when her family paid a ransome to her kidnappers.

Somehow (!) she stumbled upon the organization that I work for....a Family Serving Agency and she became involved in a volunteer project that was transformative!

Her story is compelling: She and her husband both had their own business ventures and were amongst the wealthy / elite class in Colombia. But she was yearning for a different life....for a spiritual life. She began to long and pray to get away from her materialistic, stressful life and she began praying to go into a retreat! that's when she was kidnapped! ( :o ! Be careful what you pray for! :o ).

At first she felt suicidal; then, even though she was chained to a tree in the jungle and had little protection from the elements, she decided to make the most of it and she found God through the ordeal! She even taught the children to read and write English and cut the guards' hair! She was so intuitively connected to her son that he even knew the day and place she would be released and met her there! She is an extraordinary woman.

Al and I have had the pleasure of hosting "Stella" at our sanctuary on the Sunshine Coast several times and she made the video clip for us as a thank you! You can only imagine how deeply touched us "techno-dinosaurs" were by her thoughtful gift!

Since meeting Stella, Al and I travelled to Colombia where we met Stella's sister who does not speak English. (we have only a few "survival Spanish words and phrases. ) The so-called "language barrier" travelling in Colombia was never a language barrier at all! In spite of all the hype about what a dangerous country it is, we had an amazing spiritual experience every day! Somehow our cultural differences served to enrich us and actually seemed to bridge the differences between us and those we met there! It was an incredibly spiritual trip: we held prayers and healing for Stella's sister in a busy, centrally located park because she was distraught, having just been diagnosed with breast cancer. (She called Stella on her cell phone in Canada to translate! The wonderful world of technology!! :P

Everyone we met on that trip was open and receptive to The Love -- and words did not get in the way! Al was able to channel some guidance for Stella's sister and subsequently everything she was told by spirit came true! We found the Colombian people more loving and friendly than any other country we've ever visited! We even held prayer circles (again, with non English speaking people), in a garden at a farm, and channelled messages in a busy shopping mall!! It was, indeed, an extraordinary trip and your mentioning that video clip brings it all back to me -- how amazing it is, indeed, to meet other seekers on a soul path!

I love all the experiences posted on this thread and truly, for me, there has been no greater joy than making these kind of spiritual connections....from soul to soul....Love always, always love, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Zack
Family

Re: Meeting Other Seekers of Divine Love

Post by Zack »

What a wonderful world ! Hehehehe That's so good to read of your adventures Jeanne. I, too, am enjoying every post here. :) Love, Zack