Forcibly presenting God's truths

This forum is for all other topics
Joseph
Family

Forcibly presenting God's truths

Post by Joseph »

Free will is never to be ignored, yet I am wondering if we are sometimes too timid in our presentation of God's great truths concerning mankind's salvation.

Early this morning I was searching the Padgett Messages for a particular subject, but I was soon side tracked studying a message that Jesus wrote through the hand of James Padgett on March 3rd, 1915 (page 312, True Gospel, Vol. I). This is a marvelous message that needs to be read over and over again. If you haven't read it in a long time (I haven't) it is worth the time to look carefully at it again. In my book I wrote a note in red at the beginning of this message, "A great foundational message!" It is; it contains all the basic information a person needs to know about the Padgett Messages.

Well, to point of this post, forcibly presenting God's truths. I am not talking about ignoring a person's free will. That comes into operation when a person arrives at the place of making a decision for or against the truth about the subject of the salvation of the soul. Free will kicks in when a person chooses what to do with the information provided within the body of truths communicated from the spirit world by Jesus and other Celestial spirits. We have these truths; what are we doing with them? Are we doing all that we can to broadcast these truths?

The following words recorded by James Padgett as coming from Jesus astounded me; here they are:
The importance of these truths cannot be too forcibly placed before men for their consideration; and, when the time comes for them to pass over, the more they have pondered on and obtained a knowledge of these truths, the better will be their condition in the spirit world.

The spirit world will not help them so very much to obtain a more enlightened insight into these spiritual matters, because in this world men differ and have their opinions just as on earth.
After reading these few words, the question that popped into my old noggin is this: If these truths cannot be too forcibly placed before people for their consideration, then what am I not doing that I can be doing to help the cause of truth on earth?

Here I am, now nearly 78 years-old, asking what more can I do that I am not presently doing to place these truths before people for their consideration.

And what about you? In what way are you preventing these truths from getting to other people? Maybe this is a good time to reevaluate our level of commitment and desire to spread the news about these truths.

What do you think Jesus meant when he used the term to "forcibly place before men" these truths? Does this have something to do with the level of our faith? Where do we go from here? Are we already doing enough? Are we perhaps too timid? Or maybe we are already too bold?

I urge you to join with me in prayer ... to pray about the specific words in Jesus' message that "these truths cannot be too forcibly placed before men for their consideration." In my prayers I am asking: What do you mean by these words Jesus? Talk to me, Jesus, and I will listen for your answer.

With love to all,
Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Forcibly presenting God's truths

Post by AlFike »

Oh Joseph, I feel your angst and your eanestness and I see a little of myself in this. How often I have asked these same questions and I know in many ways I come up short in the answers. Our human frailties make us imperfect channels for truth and Love to be sure. This can only be overcome with more prayer for Divine Love as is the answer to all our dilemas.

I have forcibly presented the truth of the Divine Love on rare occasions and I think such a presentation usually leads to derision and scorn. You can lead a horse to water but..... My present approach is to follow my guidance, try to be in a good spiritual condition at all times and to keep an eye and ear open for whatever opportunity may become available to talk about these truths or to just quietly be a channel of God's Love. That means being out there in the world which for some of us can be difficult as our sensativities seem to magnify everything we encounter. But God has our back and I believe we will come to no harm if we follow these simple protocalls. There are so many opportunities out there and our angel friends can arrange as many as we can handle if you ask in your prayers to be used as a channel this day. Asking is important although I will warn you that there are days when I can hardly get my work done as so many people are drawn to me as the day goes by. Be careful what you pray for I say :? and expect miracles to happen. God will over ride your frailties and get things done through you if you allow it. Most of those things you will have no idea about but that is not the point. The requirement is to be willing and open. God will do the rest. How many will get to hear and understand these truths is not altogether our concern as judjing by the stories we encounter here, God will guide the open soul one way or another.

Yes Joseph, we can all see how humanity will benefit with the knowledge of these truths. My daily prayer is that this will be so. What we can do about it is determined by our willingness to be in that beautiful flow of God's Love. That river will take us to where we need to be and when we need to be there. Setting out willfully preaching the truth may bring in a few lost souls and you have my admiration if that is what you wish to do but I believe that God can guide us and use us more effectively through simple prayer and a open heart. God bless you Joseph for being so earnest and acknowledging the fire that burns within. As we support one another here, I hope we will add more power and Grace to these efforts to spread these truths. Thank you dear brother.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Joseph,

I personally feel my own approach is VERY timid, when in person. So much so that I constantly wonder if its doing the truth a disservice. I tend to use synonyms and avoid words like "Jesus" and even "Father"

sigh,

love,
Geoff
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Just went to my emails, to find an email from a group of people who created banners and tried to present their Truth in the Vatican Square at Easter!!! I will quote it here, they also are based on channeled messages, which I have read, and contain truth, but not (IMHO) without some distortion. I have highlighted their "Truth Summary" which is very good.
St-Peter's Square at Easter, a summary

Dearest Members of Christ’s Way, together with the Recorder, with great happiness and joy, we wish to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for the blessings we received on Easter day. We can say that they reached all our hearts!

This being said, with this message, we have a great pleasure to give you a short summary of the event in Rome, in Saint Peter’s Square, where, for the second time, we brought the wonderful “Christ’s Letters”, Christ’s true message!

We started Easter Sunday with great enthusiasm, and before reaching the Square, we gathered together in meditation, to prepare spiritually for the event: we prayed according to the Prayer dictated by the Christ, “Father-Mother-Life”, and we visualized the prayer of the “2007 Message”, to build a “New Era of Love and Peace” and, finally, we read the message we received last year for Easter from Christ.

We were very excited about the idea of going to the Square, and our intention was to reach the centre, close to the obelisk. Once ready, with the banners and flyers, we reached the Square and tried to enter. Of course, the police stopped us for a control, during which we were quite serene, conscious of the fact that we were protected and that our actions and answers to the questions would always be guided by love and kindness, to calm down the restless spirits of the policemen, nervous because of their difficult to calm down the restless spirits of the policemen, nervous because of their difficult task to control the crowd.

We proved to them that we were simply a group of followers of Christ, but as we didn’t have any banners like “Long live the Pope”, they wouldn’t let us reach the centre of the Square unless we left the banners in a basket.

In the meantime, however, there was a military parade passing by, so they put us in a corner with the banners open. This was a perfect position, because in that corner, alone, in front of Saint Peter’s Square, we were quite visible to all who were taking photos of the parade. Every person who took a photo of the soldiers, was also taking a photo of our banners!

After the parade was over, the police invited us to leave the Square and, without any resistance, we did as we were asked to do, as we understood the hard job of these people, nervous and stressed by their difficult task.

Once we were outside the fencing, we found a place near the Square and, to our great surprise and wonder, we saw people observing us, tourists making photos of us, and so our enthusiasm grew as we saw that they were approaching us, to know more, to receive a flyer, while last year we were the ones approaching people!

An English reporter came to us and asked for an interview to understand the message we were spreading, so we expressed our intentions, quoting especially a message, received through an insight:

“Christ teaches that man reaps what he sows, not that Christ reaps what man sows. Therefore, the remission of sins and the one who carries the weight of our sins, doesn’t exist, it’s a human invention”.

Many people came also to talk, to ask, to share, and discuss, but all with great love, simplicity and smiles.

Dulcis in fundo, there was an interview for a German television, where we told about our intentions and the message we were bringing, and answered other interesting questions.

So, four hours passed, while we gave out flyers and tried to keep up the banners, often moved by the wind, thanks to which they were always well visible! What a spectacle!

We arrived in the Square at 9.30 a.m. and left at 1.30 p.m.. We were exhausted, but happy, very happy, for the great day and the seeding! It was a great seeding! We were very united, deeply united in our intent and sharing.

Now, in consideration of the great success of this event, we would like to kindly ask you all to participate in the next event in Rome.

For anyone who may have the opportunity, we are already getting organized to be in Saint Peter’s Square on April 20, 2014.

We are wishing to be many: 50, 100, 1000 persons, or even more.

Can you imagine? We could take many more banners, flags, flyers and, staying in silence, we will make much noise, just as we did this year. We will not go unnoticed, but people will see us, talk about us, all televisions will interview us, and can’t avoid talking about “Christ’s Letters”.

What do you think about this?

We have one year to get organized, to prepare ourselves spiritually and to ask the Divine Consciousness that this great project be manifested in a tangible reality!

You can join in by sending an email to: info at leletteredicristo.it

Based on the number of people joining in, we shall organize the purchase of the means to bring forth the Message, under a kind and loving supervision by the Recorder.

We also wish to thank deeply those who are committed to spreading these messages, as this event would not have been possible without their translations and technical support. Thank you from our heart to Paula, Valerie, Ursule and Jeroen.

We embrace you in the Light and Love of the Christ!
Manuela, Sophia, Ciro, Franco, Maria, Raffaele, Maria Eugenia, Tina, Tonio, Dorothee, Marco and the Recorder.
Zara B
Family

Post by Zara B »

Hi Joseph,

I believe that had the Truths been forced upon me - as my first introduction to the Love - I more than likely would have dismissed the person as selling me more religion. The fact that I found the books in a bookshop allowed me to read and experience the Love and discern for myself the information I was reading. It was at the right time and so because my beginning in this way, I follow this example. The Love comes first at every introduction: Never truth vs belief or Truth vs truth.

The other thing I have learnt on my adventures, is that so many are asking for the Truth - or think that they have found a truth - but underneath it all, most don't really believe that the truth exists. I have seen this first hand when people have asked me 'what is the truth' and they respond 'that this is just your belief'. To actually declare that you have found the Truth and that you know It and live It can fly in the face of all that humanity feels entitled to believe and have been searching for, for thousands of years!

We know that the Divine Love is true and that Its' so easy to experience! This is where we have to take that leap from being evocative with the Padgett material into the reality of our social human needs and this is why creating an awareness is the path of least resistance. A site such as this is helping to generate this awareness.

Perhaps we can be mindful to others, remembering how we ourselves came to read - and find - the messages of Love and Truth.

With love,
Zara
A drop of Divine Love - an ocean of truth for the soul
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Joseph, as always, your experience as a minister and the eldership of your age shows through in the thoughtfull considerations of the Truths contained in the Messages from Jesus and Celestials. i wish to add my experience of the same with you and Al. it seems that we are all trying to find more and more ways to present the Truths, what little we have been priviledged to have through James P. and others.

i think that first, in consideration of the message, which i ponder frequently in the same vein expressed by you and Al, perhaps a consideration of the word, and our individual understanding of it, "force".

The Divine Love, or the Christ Spirit, is a Power, which, it seems, we have all experienced to some degree, and it has "force". One might express it as Presense. When a human soul has received the Divine Love to some extent and it has begun its tranforming work, the human having a degree of this Essence and Substance Divine, has the presense and force of the power of the Divine Love itself. It can be felt and percieved by others that have the Divine Love in its distinctness. It is also percieved by the soul of those human souls who do not have the Divine Love, but not in it's distinction. As Al said, it is, especially when integrated in the spirit or mind of a mortal human, attractive to others who come in contact with the human who has it and its soul qualities. That Law of Attraction and Repulsion will work its wonders.

So, as the Messages say, and Al says, and George Stokes and many others who have guided us, first attempt to simply love with the love that we have. To be an example that attracts others. Now, it has also been my experience, that after the initial attraction, the Law may work to the extent of Repulsion. The difference in the mind and soul of the human that has received the Divine Love, and prayed, meditated, and contemplated deeply to come to some understanding of the Real Meanings of the Truths contained in the messages that we have so far, and has attempted to face and understand the personal causes to the thoughts and beliefs that obstruct the free flow of this Divine Love in the soul, through the spirit, or mind, will be in a very different condition than the person who has not done this. The the Law works in the Repulsive manner. People feel the differance and it is not always "comfortable". If the difference is great enough, they will not come back. If the differences are not so great, then the person may continue to come around and show interest in "you", which is really the Divine Love in the soul, and the inegration of that in the spirit, or mind. So, it is not something to be taken "personally". As a matter of fact, the more self abducating that we are, in a healthy way, the more of an instrument we are for the Divine Love and the Celestial Spirits.

i hope that in sharing my limited perceptions in a small way that a little bit difference of perception of the word "force" many be introduced.

i want to thank you all for your help on my journey to a greater Soul Development, and the integration of that in my spirit, or mind.

with the Divine Love, brother dave k.
Sandy
Busy Bee

Post by Sandy »

Hm, am wondering ... would I have been as open and anxious and excited to read this book Holly was handing me, if she had told me, the teenage girl, that I should better read this book for it contains the only and ultimate way to be saved from my sins ????? Would I have ????? Would you have ????? ????? ????? And even if fear had caused me to start to read or even to pronounce a change of mental belief, would I have started to pray for the Love ????? Don`t know. Can`t know. Am just wondering ...

Like Zara is saying, even the faintest feeling that somebody is trying to sell one`s religion can build up a wall that is hard to tear down again lateron, so you want to be careful with the "forcible" in presenting God`s truths. After all, the angels would not forcibly present God`s truth, our Father in Heaven would not even forcibly present His truths, the Love inside of your soul would not consider to forcibly present God`s truths, but rather respectfully, sweetly, beautifully, lovingly ... and as far as I can tell according to your various publications, Joseph, with great enthusiasm, energy and excitement as well. There you go ...

And of course this shall not mean at all that new ideas of ever greater varieties to spread the word would not be highly appreciated.

Just see Dave`s response ... " being an example of love" ... though I am feeling like "way to go" ... but that certainly is the right way to go. Takes its time, but seems worthy, very worthy ...

Good night.
My God is LOVE.
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Sandy, nicely (and as always, sweetly) said.

much love to you,
Zack
Family

Post by Zack »

Thanks Joseph for bringing it up... it made me think. And nice thoughtful responses from all... thanks guys... here's my two cents too. To me it seems like the word "forcible" in this context points more to the word "importance" - meaning simply that we should strongly emphasize the importance of receiving the Divine Love. When the Prayer was received, also then was Padgett advised by Jesus to
-- making known to others, whenever the opportunity arises, the importance of seeking and getting the Divine Love. (p 40, TGRABJ vol 1)
This quote is along the same lines, since it emphasizes making known to people the importance of seeking and getting the Divine Love. It was also said in the message by Jesus that was quoted by Joseph, that the more people can be helped to think about the important things concerning their eternal happiness and fate, the better off people are when it's time for them to pass on. :) A forcible presentation means one that is effective in helping people realize the implications of Divine Love, and not in a sense of shoving it down anyone's throat. I think the word selection makes it quite easy to misunderstand. To me it simply means that when an opportunity to speak about Love presents itself, I should speak in a manner that would help the one listening to think about it deeper and perhaps try praying, all the while of course respecting their free will.

So when we can express these spiritual truths to people in such a way that will make them realize more the importance of thinking about these things and also actually receiving the Love, then the collective mission to help mankind towards the Love of God is so much furthered.

Does this make sense to you?

Love, Zack
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

This is a great conversation and it causes me to think about the fine line that is teaching versus preaching. Effective teaching is a two way conversation. My viewpoint as compared to your viewpoint. Preaching is most often a one way stream of communication and as such can be ignored or shut out of one's mind if not receptive to what is being said.

Jeanne and I have tried to engage in teaching others about the Divine Love for many years. We are gentle, not forcible in our presentation and try to always be respectful of where the other person is at even if we believe that their beliefs are error. Pointing fingers and declaring that I have the truth and you need to listen is pretty well useless and ineffective communication. Love is tollerant and patient in all respects. I have come to think that I am not responsible for another's spiritual journey and therefore I am not obligated to show them the way. That is God's responsability and He will show another the way to Him in the way that they can understand. My job is to be open to sharing the Love and if asked, the truth. First Love then truth although Love is the truth so maybe they come in tandem. If I willfully preach the message of Divine Love to others, I think I am falling into the trap of religiosity and that is a very slippery slope. Yet part of me relates well to Joseph's plea for forcibly telling this truth to the world. It's a bit like trying to teach calculous to a bored teenager. You just want to shake him and say if you would only pay attention you will learn this and it may help you in the future.

So we can get very concerned and anxious or we can keep praying and expressing the Love as best and as simply as we can. Guilt, fear, judgements,anger and expectations will create barriers. Love tears them down. You are responsible for your journey to God as we make that choice with every breath. Having love and compassion for those who do not understand this is admirable and can be an effective tool to help teach and heal others but it is their choice to listen or absorb the healing balm that flows through you from God or to turn away.Living in God's Grace is not easy and the more you are in that powerful flow, the harder it is to observe how very far most of us are from it. Spiritual progression is a double edged sword in this regard. The angst that emerges as our eyes slowly open can be brutal as we see how very out of harmony the human race has become. God does soothe us though with His healing Grace and comfort otherwise who would want to be so different from so many. This path is not easy and I think that is why so few take it. We also cannot really know the impact we have had as change agents in the world. That I'm sure will not be apparant until we are on the other side. In the mean time, we need to be prayerful and openly loving channels in the world . That's our job and I know God is pleased when we do so without reservation . That is how we love God, by being love wherever we are and whatever we do. That is how we teach truth, by example. It's so very easy and so very difficult. God bless all of you who try. With love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.