Forcibly presenting God's truths

This forum is for all other topics
Joseph
Family

Re: Forcibly presenting God's truths

Post by Joseph »

Dear Zara and other readers,

Thank you for your very kind and encouraging words.

Dave wrote:
There is one Message about a Greek fellow who heard the Master speaking while he was on earth, but the Truths did not re-appear to him until after he was in the Spirit World.
Hi Dave,

The following may be the message that you are remembering. Is it? (I included Helen's response because I feel that it is also very helpful to this discussion of presenting God's Truths.)
January 22, 1917

I am here. Elameros -

I am a Greek, or rather the spirit of a mortal who was a Greek, and I lived in the days when Jesus walked the hills and plains of Palestine, teaching his new doctrines of the divine love and the Kingdom of Heaven. I was not a follower of him or a believer in his teachings, for I was a disciple of Plato and Socrates, and was satisfied of the truth of their philosophy, and did not believe that there were other truths than what it contained.

I was a traveler, and at times visited Palestine, and on several occasions heard Jesus teaching the multitudes of people who seemed to be so interested in his discourses. I must confess that I was startled at times by his doctrines, and recognized that while they treated of subjects similar to those contained in my philosophy, yet they were different, and gave to these subjects a new and spiritual meaning that I had never before thought of. I could see that he was not a student of philosophy, or yet, an educated man, as we understood men to be educated, yet he dealt with these questions in such an enlightening and authoritative way that caused me to wonder at the source of his information. And when at times, he said that he was not speaking of his own knowledge, but that his Father was speaking through him, I was almost ready to believe that such was the fact. You must remember that I believed in God and in the lesser gods or demons who executed His will, and when Jesus spoke of his Father, meaning God, it was not unnatural for me, in a way, to accept what he declared.

And then I recollect that I was impressed with the fact that he was not speaking from a mind that had been developed by the study of the philosophies, but from a mind that seemed to have in it that which had been lodged there by some great outside intelligence. He spoke, as he said, with knowledge, and speculations seemed to be no part of his conclusions or the cause of any of his deductions.

Notwithstanding these impressions on me, I was too wise in my own conceit, that my philosophy was the only true one, and that my knowledge of it was without defect, to attempt to give serious consideration to what I had heard Jesus say – and consequently, let the truths which he uttered pass from me. I saw and heard him teach only a few times, and then I heard of his crucifixion and death as a malefactor, and forgot about him.

When next I saw him, it was in the spirit world, and this continued after I became a spirit. And then he was teaching the same doctrines that I had heard him teach on earth; but he was a wonderfully bright and glorious spirit.

I don’t think that I can write more tonight. I will come again.

Your brother in Christ – Elameros

I am here, your true and loving Helen -
Well dear you have had quite a remarkable letter from the Greek spirit tonight, and there is in it substance for much thought on the part of the Greeks. We thought it best to have him write because it is a part of the plan that will be disclosed to have some spirits of all nations and creeds and religions write you, for the benefit of their races or followers who may live on earth.

Love me and say goodnight.

Your own true loving – Helen
Notice in the letter of Elameros that he makes mention of the authoritative manner of the presentations of Jesus.

With love to all,
Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Indeed Joseph, i just didn't have time to go find it, so thank you.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Doles for your thumbs up regarding my character. Like any family we have many feelings, judgements, perceptions and cares about one another and if these thoughts and feelings were not present in what we write then I don't think what is being communicated here would be real. The underpinnings of all this is love and that is very clearly shown by each member of this family in all kinds of ways. If there is any criticism, and thankfully they are few, then it is given with love and respect.It warmed my heart Doles when you mentioned that I was a good guy and I think you were implying that the others should be more gentle with me. Thank you brother and I do appreciate the sentiment but as a moderator of this site, I should be setting the standards and the tone of the conversation and I think the comments I received were valid and a gentle reminder not to fall down on the job. That is not to say that our human and judgemental sides cannot be exspressed but the way in which we exspress them should be in line with these criteria. In short, and I think Zara was elluding to this, that we need to be civil in our discussions. I missjudged something which is easy to do on this one dimensional medium and I received the appropriate correction. I respect that and own it. No harm done...at least to me.

I think this very issue leads others to be hesitant to write on this forum. At times the conversation can get pretty sophisticated and complex while most are just looking for simple explinations and loving encouragement and if a judgement or two slips in there then they are worried they will be reprimanded. It's tough to be out there in print for others to read and assess. It takes some courage and I remember my first crack at it was daunting . I had received guidance from spirit that I should start writing. I was not sure how to start this process and since writing was not a part of any other part of my life, I felt a little lost. One day I put Divine Love in a seach engine (about 3 years ago) and found a few sites. I found a forum on one and began to read what was on there and felt compelled to respond to these conversations. I was both thrilled and terrified since God knows I could make a spelling mistake ( now as you can see I don't care :o ) or my perceptions could be challenged . My first response after registering and given the warm hello was very short and included the word God except I miss typed it to read Gof. I was humiliated and since my knowledge of how to use the technology was zero I did not know how to correct this so I wrote another post on that thread to applogize for the mistake. I don't believe I got a response .

So you have to start somewhere and the jittery fingers will gain composure in time and the thoughts will flow and yes, your humanity will be out there for all to see. If we are truely about Love here, then we are compelled to accept all who are willing to join in in our conversation about God's Love. If you feel you are not eloquent enough to share with the high rollers on this site, please know that we are all willing and anxious to support the beginner and to be tollerant. Even if you spell God wrong ;) . I have found great satisfaction, learning and growing from this endeavor and I am now part of a larger family that continues to grow and stretch around the world.We welcome everybody to join us here as long as you are drawn to the truth of God's Love. Let the conversations begin. God bless for now........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Zack
Family

Post by Zack »

Ahahahaha! Gof... :D that's so funny... Glove, Zack