Magnetic Pole flips and the impact on the electrical grid

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Magnetic Pole flips and the impact on the electrical grid

Post by Geoff »

Two messages[1] from Jesus have indicated that we are about to experience a magnetic pole flip. And that this will shut down many electricity distribution grids across the world. I am going to use this post on this forum to collate my thoughts and research.

Science is aware of the issue of the pole flip. It's about 800,000 years since the last one, and it's overdue. Added to that the North Magnetic pole has moved 400 miles South and West of where it "traditionally" was. There is also a huge magnetic anomaly in the Southern Hemisphere. Now you may be thinking one morning you will wake up and the compass will point 180 degrees differently? Not at all. The average duration of pole flips that science has discovered is 6,000 years to complete. It can obviously be longer, and it's duration varies by latitude. So Canada would have a different duration to Mexico as an example. I am very pleased it is slow, because animals use the magnetic field to migrate and there is even a small bird that migrates every year from Tasmania to Alaska. We would not want to see these birds die out in one year because they can't find Alaska or cant get home again. And a great many land animals also use the magnetic field for their movements. So is there an issue? There certainly is.

The problem is once the magnetic poles start to move, the magnetic field collapses by about 80%. Now as things stand, right now and in the last several hundred years for which we have detailed records, the events coming out of the sun (there are three different types) have damaged electrical infrastructure, and it's far more common than you might think. I have found an incredible scientific paper looking at the issue for the US grid, written in 2007.[2] As of 2007, the grid was basically running at near capacity, and no infrastructure of note had been added in the prior ten years. It had very little ability or flexibility to circumvent a major catastrophe. It's now 2022 and I expect that comment is still true. What we have had recently is Texas being forced to disconnect from the US grid because they refuse to maintain the standards mandated for the US grid. So Texas is going to be in a very high risk position, but frankly so is the entire US grid, and grids elsewhere in the world. In Australia two weeks ago we were very close to a shut down although the issue was the cost of generation of the coal plants and their desire to force prices unsustainably high so the government intervened.

So what actually happens? The sun events (I wont be specific because it gets complicated) cause magnetic fields to occur on the surface of the Earth, and all areas of high conductivity get exposed to a potential current caused by the voltage across it. So this impacts railway lines, pipelines, and of course the cross country network of very high voltage power lines. Now the voltages and currents are not necessarily high, although they can be 100 amps and a few hundred volts, but these are DC (Direct Current) not AC, and the systems are very exposed to even small DC currents. This is because the DC currents cause the massive transformers (over 100 tonnes) to overheat, or to vibrate to death. Apparently even 5 amps DC can destroy a huge AC transformer that might be operating at thousands of volts and amps - but AC. The overheating can be so fast that its literally 2 minutes and its cooking. Way too fast for an energy operator to work out what is happening and shut things down. The vibrating takes longer but 8 hours can make a transformer permanently wrecked.

The next problem is replacement. If a spare is available, its several days or weeks to get it there and installed. But if it's unserviceable, and a new one has to be made, the paper quotes 2 years working top priority to replace the transformer. The issue is that the really big transformers are the ones we need running, and they simply don't carry spares. Naturally the transformers at the lower voltages are more easily replaced, there are a great many more of them and spares are kept. Now if this is a simple local area issue, as has typically (but not exclusively) happened which are not even reported, you can see its a problem, but it might or might not be too bad. But take away the Earth's magnetic field, which repulses these sun events, and you can get the entire country of the US hit at the same time because the previous minor event is now effectively enormous. Historically such huge events have occurred, the so called "Carrington Flare" being the biggest, but Quebec was shut down not that long ago.
A geomagnetic storm three times smaller than the Carrington Event occurred in Quebec, Canada, in March 1989. The storm caused the Hydro-Quebec electrical grid to collapse. During the storm, the high magnetically induced currents damaged a transformer in New Jersey and tripped the grid's circuit breakers.
Add to the destruction of say 30% of the main transformers across the US and you have a situation where the grid will be down completely, and with it any ability to co-ordinate repairs and build new transformers. Because instantly there's no fuel available for trucks, no computers, no money, no food in shops and no cell phones. Every employee of the power grid companies will be at home trying to save themselves. The computers in our cars are at risk, but it will take a big event to destroy those I suspect. But imagine no cars!!! Horse and buggy days? If you have an old classic it is far less likely to have a problem, but how much fuel do you have?

Will we get any warning? Many places in the world probably will suddenly in the night sky see the Southern or the Northern Lights. That is the time when it's nearly too late. Fill your car with gas, do a mega shop (not perishables) and stock up on firewood and make sure you have water and a plan where you can get fresh vegetables. If nothing else get a tent and sleeping bags and prepare to move. Buy those straws that let you drink polluted water too. I just hope it's not midwinter wherever you are. And if you are in highly populated areas, it's going to be impossible for most to survive there. They have to move, and many will not be able to.

Reference. 1 The two messages, and all subsequent messages from Jesus - he is being quite prolific at the moment - are available as soon as transcribed on this website: Book 3 of Jesus' Messages to the World

Reference 2 The paper is located here and is a pdf. The original title is 'Solar Storm Threat Analysis - Impact.pdf" written by James A. Marusek.
Cyberthal
Busy Bee

Re: Magnetic Pole flips and the impact on the electrical grid

Post by Cyberthal »

Relevant links:

discussion of OP:
https://communities.win/c/TheDonald/p/15IXu0GkeA/x/c

fake lore, real news:
https://realburningbush.com/angel%2Fmad-max

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom is monitoring solar activity
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Geoff wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:48 pm Will we get any warning? Many places in the world probably will suddenly in the night sky see the Southern or the Northern Lights. That is the time when it's nearly too late. Fill your car with gas, do a mega shop (not perishables) and stock up on firewood and make sure you have water and a plan where you can get fresh vegetables. If nothing else get a tent and sleeping bags and prepare to move. Buy those straws that let you drink polluted water too. I just hope it's not midwinter wherever you are. And if you are in highly populated areas, it's going to be impossible for most to survive there. They have to move, and many will not be able to.
Emphasis mine. Yes, I certainly hope that if/when this happens, it's fall/spring for most of us. I think the folks who live in the far northern/southern climates are more prepared to deal with winter.

That said, I wonder if Jesus' intention with all of these messages is to turn us all into a bunch of hardcore preppers. I think some of us are really meant to be doubling-down on our prayer and attuning our minds to our souls. The yogis in Baird Spalding's book were able to create their own food and warmth. Perhaps Jesus means for some of us to be sufficiently close to this in our development so that in some Pentecost-like fashion, we are fully transformed?

I realize there are 24 hours in the day, and so there's no reason not to do both, but if I'm not sufficiently prepared for this soul-wise, I'm not sure that I want to eke out an existence for however long. Because I'm not sure how you do a mega shop and protect your stash from your unprepared neighbors when the time comes. The possibilities that come to mind don't sound very loving!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

The yogis in Baird Spalding's book were able to create their own food and warmth.
Believe me I am one of at least several folks I know well totally committed to making every single effort to get there. In my view its the only way forward. But being pragmatic, I am laying in camp showers, camp stoves, hatchets, saws, and stocks of wood. Plus seeding my veggie gardens and adding an off grid solar system.
Because I'm not sure how you do a mega shop and protect your stash from your unprepared neighbors when the time comes.
I totally feel for anyone in the US. Because the mentality is to take what you need if you need it from anywhere you can get it. Its less so in Aus, and I have bought a property in a very self-sustaining small town way out in the country a very long way from Sydney. If I was in the US I would find a place hidden deep in the forests. There is an astoundingly good book on what happened to the Amish in a grid meltdown. A very realistic novel of course. Its not pretty, and they had to escape with literally their shirts and livestock for places deep in the outback away from "neighbours".

hugs
Geoff
Cyberthal
Busy Bee

Post by Cyberthal »

I recommend Soylent as a long-storage meal supplement for a poor foraging diet. Get the plain powder. I'm eating 6-year expired right now and it's great for my energy, due to all the vitamins etc.

There are more prepper variants of the same, probably without oil and not tasting as good.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210310232 ... vival.com/
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I'd like to be pragmatic, but at this stage of the game, just don't think it's practical. I gotta go all in on God! I pray that what is waiting for us with just a reasonable amount of preparation will make the first Pentecost look tame. That said, it occurs to me that while tolerating the conditions physically may be one thing (look at how some Holocaust survivors fared under those conditions ... not pleasant, but survivable), mentally it might be a whole 'nother ballgame. I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to add a practice of "no electricity" on a regular basis just to start getting our minds more prepared for the lack of distraction! Because thanks to free will, we're probably on our own there. Hmmm, maybe I'll start with a read of Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

The very likely outcome in societies that continue too be individualistic and unloving is well depicted in the book When the English Fall

The Amish survive - just - by getting away from the violent folks.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

My initial article above was supposed to be simple. Inevitably however people find sources that are different, and so I think I now have to deal with each specific type of solar storm that we can get. This means I will have to do more research, and so I will add to this over the next several days. But the three types of solar storm are:

Solar Flares
Arrival Time: Instantaneous[1]
Effect Duration: 1-2 hours

Solar Proton Event
Arrival Time:15 minute to a few hours
Effect Duration: Days

Coronal Mass Ejection
Arrival time: 2 to 4 days
Effect Duration: Days

Note 1 Arrival times are in relationship to the time when the light from a solar flare first reaches Earth. Light takes approximately 8 minutes to traverse the distance between the Sun and the Earth.

Solar Flares

Solar flares are magnetically driven explosions on the surface of the sun. Approximately 8 minutes after a solar flare occurs on the surface of the sun, a powerful burst of electromagnetic radiation in the form of X-ray, extreme ultraviolet rays, gamma ray radiation and radio burst arrives at Earth. The ultraviolet rays heat the upper atmosphere which causes the outer atmospheric shell to expand. The x-rays strip electrons from the atom in the ionosphere producing a sudden increase in total electron content.

Solar flares produce satellite communications interference, radar interference, shortwave radio fades and blackout and atmospheric drag on satellite producing an unplanned change in orbit.

Scientists classify solar flares according to their brightness in the x-ray wavelength. They group flares into 3 categories (X-class, M-class and C-class). C-class flares are very small and produce few noticeable effects on Earth. M-class flares are medium-size and can cause brief radio blackouts in the Polar Regions. X-class flares are major events that can trigger worldwide radio blackouts and radiation storms in the upper atmosphere.

The largest observed solar flare was the Carrington white light flare of September 1, 1859. The largest measured solar flare occurred on November 4, 2003 and was rated as an X45. Fortunately this flare only grazed Earth.

Solar Proton Events (SPE)

Our sun produces high-energy solar cosmic rays (protons and ions) in Solar Proton Events (SPEs). These particles generally have energies in the range of 10 MeV to 100 MeV. Very energetic SPE events are also capable of generating near-relativistic protons in the order of 20 GeV.4 Table 3 gives the arrival time of the protons based on energy level after the solar flare first becomes visible on the Earth. In general, SPEs take around an hour to reach Earth. The fastest measured SPE in recent times occurred on 20 January 2005 with an arrival time of 15 minutes.5

Solar proton events produce satellite disorientation, spacecraft electronics damage, spacecraft solar panel degradation, extreme radiation hazard to astronauts, launch payload failure, high altitude aircraft radiation, shortwave radio fades and disruption in polar regions, ozone layer depletion, cardiac arrest, dementia and cancer.

High-energy protons in SPEs produce ultraviolet auroras, invisible to the human eye, when they collide with Earth’s atmosphere. These reactions produce NOx byproducts that eventually settle on the planets surface. The nitrates from large SPEs are detectable in the ice cores. A massive SPE can also produce a short-lived major magnetic spike on Earth.

The mass of the CME appears to be the most dominant characteristic for producing SPE events. The larger the CME, the higher the probability a SPE event will occur. Looking at it from the opposite direction, large SPE events have a 96% correlation with a follow-on CME event.

Coronal Mass Ejections (CME)

CMEs are vast clouds of seething gas, charged plasma of low to medium energy particles with imbedded magnetic field, blasted into interplanetary space from the Sun. When a CME strikes Earth, the compressed magnetic fields and plasma in their leading edge smash into the geomagnetic field like a battering ram. This causes a world-wide disturbance of Earth’s magnetic field called a geomagnetic storm. This produces a temporary disturbance of the Earth’s magnetosphere and an equatorial ring of currents, differential gradient and curvature drift of electrons and protons in the Near Earth region. A flood of charged particle and electrons in the ionosphere flowed from west to east, inducing powerful electrical currents in the ground that surge through natural rock. A pitch battle takes place between charged particles and magnetic fields that shake the Earth’s magnetic field over a period of several hours or days. The birthplace of CMEs are often seen to originate near the site of solar flares.

The severity of a geomagnetic storm depends on the orientation of Earth's magnetic field in relation to the solar storm magnetic orientation. If the particle cloud has a southward directed magnetic field it will be severe, while if northward the effects are minimized.

A CME can produce the following affects: electrostatic spacecraft charging, shifting of the Van Allen radiation belt, spacetrack errors, launch trajectory errors, spacecraft payload deployment problems, surveillance radar errors, radio propagation anomalies, compass alignment errors, electrical power blackouts, oil and gas pipeline corrosion, communication landline & equipment damage, electrical shock hazard, electrical fires, heart attacks, strokes, and workplace & traffic accidents.[1]

Note 1. CME is the issue that Jesus is talking about in respect of electricity grids collapsing globally. It is possible to be forwarded here, but your protection would mean disconnecting all power sources before the event arrives and shielding. Or hoping the grid collapse is only on the very high voltage end of the grids. Which is likely.

Extracted from the research paper linked in the previous post.
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Ahem, as far as I am concerned, preparing well would require a lot of money. Money to get a property in some remote area, and get all that is necessary to live on my own, plus stock of food, etc. I don't have that. Also, I already pondered that I am not thrilled at the prospect of harsh conditions of survival in a world gone mad. On the other hand, I am 100% convinced of soul-spirit survival in some afterlife realms (I hope to be in a bright sphere, and probably will be). As such, the only thing I can think of, is to pray God that me and those living with me (including the dogs!) won't suffer when time has come for departing from this world.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I'm with you Daniel. Not so much because of the money, but partly because of the (im)practicality of me turning prepper (and also how that fits in with developing sufficient faith to truly trust God), and partly because I'm not sure that those of us on the healer development path are meant to be off in the woods by ourselves.

That said, I am thinking of getting a little bit of camping gear and planning some off-grid weekends over the next months or years. Seems to me that might be helpful to start training my material mind to not freak when all my electronic distractions are no longer available. :D