Is the soul indestructible ?

This forum is for all other topics
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Is the soul indestructible ?

Post by Daniel38 »

“Do not fear those who can kill the body but not soul. Rather be afraid of him who can destroy both soul and body in the life after death.” - Gospel of Matthew 10-28
I found that line above, in the conclusion of a PDF that I read lately. This comes from the bible apparently. But we know that the bible is also full of errors, many of which have been fixed and explained by various celestial spirits over time. I would like to know what to think about it, nonetheless.

Maybe the "soul" here mentioned in fact relates to the astral body, or even the spiritual body, as I have a hard time believing the soul could be "killed". But of course the soul is only made to the semblance of God, not its substance (until it has been filled with the love of God, that is).

For those who want to know where I found this, it comes from a book I won't name here, because it might be currently problematic. Lets say it was written by someone following the teachings of Rudolph Steiner, whose views on the various other-than-physical bodies, is much more complicated than the simple trinity of physical body + spiritual body + soul.
Geoff
Family

Re: Is the soul indestructible ?

Post by Geoff »

Nothing is totally indestructible except God Himself. Even eternal beings can be, and have been "removed".

But you are reading this passage too literally. You "destroy" your soul in a Biblical sense by sin. Of course it's not permanent, but it can be very painful over a very long time to remove.

hugs
Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Re: Is the soul indestructible ?

Post by Daniel38 »

Well, that makes sense. :)