Afterlife movies

This forum is for all other topics
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Afterlife movies

Post by Daniel38 »

Lately, I read the message about the films "Soul" and "What Dreams May Come" and thus bought them. I wasn't disappointed. However, I would like to mention to those who don't know about it, the film Nosso Lar (in English: Astral City: A Spiritual Journey), that is, IMO, better at describing the afterlife (in what apparently appears to be the 1st sphere).
Based on the best selling book by medium Chico Xavier, the film tells the story of Andre Luiz, a successful doctor who experiences an enlightening spiritual awakening after his death. When he wakes up in the spiritual world, he embarks on a new journey of self-discovery and transformation, from his first days in a dimension of pain and suffering, until when he is rescued and taken to the spiritual Astral City. With magnificent art direction and special effects that have never been seen before in a Brazilian production, and featuring an amazing score by composer Philip Glass, the film brings to the screen what life is like at the Astral City that hovers in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere.
The problem would be to find a version tranlated in English (I am fortunate to have found a version translated in French).

https://www.amazon.com/Astral-City-Spir ... 155&sr=8-7
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Re: Afterlife movies

Post by Daniel38 »

As I understand it, after having read many of the books that detail the afterlife, the film Astral City: A Spiritual Journey depicts the first sphere (i.e.: when in the city and the land immediately surrounding it), while the film What Dreams May Come depicts the second sphere (i.e.: Christy's and his daughter's paradise) where they live in their own fantasy come true. None of those films speak about Divine Love though...
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Amazon has an English subtitled version of Astral City: A Spiritual Journey available for rent.
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Ok, I am not mentioning a movie about the afterlife here, but I thought I wouldn't create a new thread for that comment :

A few days ago I bought a few DVD. One of them, at first sight, didn't appeal to me, but I nonetheless vaguely felt that I should watch it. This is Coeur Brulant, translating as "Burning Heart" in English (though the film is only in Spanish and French). It's more of a dcumentary about the Sacred Heart of Jesus, than a fiction. Anyway, it was a very interesting documentary for me, as I often wonder how many people are actually interested in (and pray for) Divine Love. So, apparently, Jesus Christ appeared to a nun during the 17th century, and gave her a message that he wanted to be loved in exchange for his divine love (to summarize quickly). Watching this, I thought that it may have been an early attempt at giving mankind, the teachings we eventually got with Mr. Padgett. For me, the Sacred Heart of Jesus' worship is too convoluted, lacking the clarity and simplicity of the Divine Love teachings. But I found it interesting that many people seem to be thus praying for divine love, even if not clearly realizing it.

(Just my two cents, mind you... :) )

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08MHM ... UTF8&psc=1
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Daniel,

We have a channeling that claims a substantial proportion of non-christians have received some divine love. It certainly is not necessary to have a clear concept about this, but without the clear concept no one is likely to focus 30 or 40 years of their life in daily prayer without a clear idea of why.

Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Daniel,
... apparently, Jesus Christ appeared to a nun during the 17th century, and gave her a message that he wanted to be loved in exchange for his divine love (to summarize quickly).
The above would be an erroneous concept because only God, through the Holy Spirit, can impart the Divine Love. Jesus taught that it was available for the asking and leading to the new birth essential of entering the kingdom of God. He also lived and exemplified it, loved/loves people unconditionally (even if they don't know or love him), but he cannot give Divine Love to anyone because he is not God.

Love,
Eva
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Well, I know this, after having read most I could find from Padgett and consorts. But I also read that spirits cannot explain what they want in their own words as if using a phone; they are restricted/limited by the brain, personality and knowledge (whether true or false) of the medium receiving the message. Hence, I thought that probably the nun distorted the message. And I thought that maybe God would nonetheess grant his Divine Love because of the soul's yearning, even if it is alterated by false intellectual ideas.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Daniel.

An individual does not even have to know that DL exists. IF they truly LOVE God, He sends His Love. That's it.

And yes mediums can and to some extent do, taint messages. We have on my site a set of messages supposedly from Mary and received by Catholics, then resent via that DL Medium. Fascinating.

Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Geoff wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:56 pmIF they truly LOVE God, He sends His Love. That's it.
Ah, perfect.
Geoff wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:56 pmWe have on my site a set of messages supposedly from Mary and received by Catholics, then resent via that DL Medium. Fascinating.
Well, do you have a link, please?

I am very interested in messages from Mary. I have read much about Mary appearing at Fatima-Portugal (in 1917) and Garabandal-Spain (in the sixties). And there she emphasized prayer of the rosary and the Eucharist. However, from what I read in DL literature, is that Eucharist is mostly a pagan ritual adapted to Christianity, that makes little sense. So I was confused. Can I trust what Mary could say during these apparitions? I mean: is this really Mary? But I can't believe that extra-terrestrials or what not could be involved in a deception here. So what? The young illiterate girls wouldn't make accurate mediums...

Okay, I have a request for the Celestial Divine spirits in charge : could you someday, through a trusted DL medium, speak about the Fatima and Garabandal events ? That would be great, thanks.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Daniel38 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 am
Well, do you have a link, please?
Truth and False Beliefs - Part 3
Daniel38 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 am I am very interested in messages from Mary. I have read much about Mary appearing at Fatima-Portugal (in 1917) and Garabandal-Spain (in the sixties). And there she emphasized prayer of the rosary and the Eucharist. However, from what I read in DL literature, is that Eucharist is mostly a pagan ritual adapted to Christianity, that makes little sense. So I was confused. Can I trust what Mary could say during these apparitions? I mean: is this really Mary? But I can't believe that extra-terrestrials or what not could be involved in a deception here. So what? The young illiterate girls wouldn't make accurate mediums...
Its not that they are "illiterate" its that they have never been taught to be mediums, and they have strong orthodox religious views which they fail to set aside, so its their worldview that is filtering the communication. This completely taints the message. If you read the very first few messages from Padgett you see the same thing going on:

Jesus wants the world to follow his teachings.
Daniel38 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 amOkay, I have a request for the Celestial Divine spirits in charge : could you someday, through a trusted DL medium, speak about the Fatima and Garabandal events ? That would be great, thanks.
We have Fatima, we don't have Garabandal.

You know that my web site has a phenomenal WORD search??? Just type in Fatima:

Jesus: The bouncing sun of Fatima.

Mary and White Eagle: The miracle of Fatima and the Love of God.