Please explain about submitting to God's will

This forum is for all other topics
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Please explain about submitting to God's will

Post by Daniel38 »

I read here and there about some believers wanting to submit to God's will, in their quest for divine love and enlightrnment. However, I have a problem with the phrasing "submitting to God's will," since in our world, only evil people want others to submit to their will, something I fiercely resist. Now, I guess that submitting to God's will has nothing to do with submitting to any tyrant's will. Yet, the poor choice of words makes me wary of the concept; I can only envision Lucifer wanting people to submit to his will. So, if wiser people out there, could explain this to me with much better words, I would appreciate. Thanks. :)
BethM
Site Admin

Re: Please explain about submitting to God's will

Post by BethM »

I generally ask in my prayers to "surrender to Your perfect will." And in searching, I found this that resonates with me as far as submission vs surrender (emphasis mine):
In submission, one may accept yielding to another due to compulsion, so this may not be a willing acceptance of someone’s authority. But surrendering typically involves willingly yielding to someone’s authority.
But that's probably just semantics, and you can also find people who feel the opposite.

For me, I think this is more of a mind vs soul question. I will be curious for Geoff or Eva's take, but I think that the messages make it very clear that the Celestial angels VERY willingly submit and/or surrender to God's Will. And apparently the reason they do so is because their advanced souls see that God's Will is the better, more loving way to proceed.

Alas for us, our material minds and our egos have an issue with this. This is partly what makes the Divine Love path difficult on this plane, because we all absolutely have free will. So if you see submitting to God's will as something you fiercely resist because of the connotations you have with it, then you won't be forced to do so ... ever. But if you keep praying for Divine Love, eventually your soul will grow to the point that you may well feel differently about it. :)
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Daniel38 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:39 am I read here and there about some believers wanting to submit to God's will, in their quest for divine love and enlightrnment. However, I have a problem with the phrasing "submitting to God's will," since in our world, only evil people want others to submit to their will, something I fiercely resist. Now, I guess that submitting to God's will has nothing to do with submitting to any tyrant's will. Yet, the poor choice of words makes me wary of the concept; I can only envision Lucifer wanting people to submit to his will. So, if wiser people out there, could explain this to me with much better words, I would appreciate. Thanks. :)
Dear Daniel,

When you have come to the point that from experience you know that what God Will's for you, is always best for you, then it's very easy to submit. It is however a requirement for final entry to the Kingdom. Most of us have lots of experiences ahead before we stand on the threshold. So not to worry about that, the bigger issue for most of us is actually discerning God's Will. Thats where to focus on. And the vehicle to discern that is the soul being able to place its desires in your mind without you blocking it.

hugs
Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Geoff wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:24 pmWhen you have come to the point that from experience you know that what God Will's for you, is always best for you, then it's very easy to submit.
Ah! Upon reading this, I wondered if what is termed "submitting to God's will" might be listening to intuition*. I think it happened once or twice in my life (for things of secondary importance, so I just can't remember): suddenly I knew I had to do something (or chose a certain thing), even though I could not know why, and I did it, and it was the right thing to do, and I was glad to have done it. And if this is so, when having such intuitions, you follow them, no need to question them, you do it because even while not understanding how this idea came into your brain, you just do it.

(*: I don't know if this word exists in english. I thought like "sudden intuitive knowledge" of what to do right now in this particular situation.)
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Daniel38 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:56 pm Ah! Upon reading this, I wondered if what is termed "submitting to God's will" might be listening to intuition*. I think it happened once or twice in my life (for things of secondary importance, so I just can't remember): suddenly I knew I had to do something (or chose a certain thing), even though I could not know why, and I did it, and it was the right thing to do, and I was glad to have done it. And if this is so, when having such intuitions, you follow them, no need to question them, you do it because even while not understanding how this idea came into your brain, you just do it.

(*: I don't know if this word exists in english. I thought like "sudden intuitive knowledge" of what to do right now in this particular situation.)
Yes that sounds just right. Only thing is that the mind can interfere. That's the difficulty. Because God's Will arrives through the soul into the mind, where the mind can block or change it.

hugs
Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

So, if this is "submitting to God's will", sure I will do it, when I am aware/open enough to hear it of course. :)
Christian
Busy Bee

Post by Christian »

Dear Daniel;

As I expressed earlier, there will be a serial of three "Ateliers de discussion" about James Padgett's messages. Those "Ateliers de discussion" will be held three Saturdays in a row, starting this coming Saturday ay 20h30.

Each evening will be devoted to a theme, namely and in order :

- a first workshop presenting James Padgett and the circumstances that led him to become a medium
- a second workshop devoted to the contribution and the novelty of the messages communicated through James Padgett
- a last workshop devoted to prayer and more particularly to the prayer communicated by Jesus on December 02, 1916.

You are, of course, most welcome to take part in these workshops.

Here is the zoom link : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82836070133?p ... tqRVdaZz09

Meeting ID: 828 3607 0133
Passcode: love

You can, if you wish to do so, confirm your participation through this link :

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atelier-de ... 4134993607

With the hope to see you newt saturday,

Christian
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Thanks for inviting me, but I am not comfortable with all this internet stuff, and my old computer doesn't have a camera anyway.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Daniel,
Submission or surrender to God's will is something that you would do because you want to, knowing that God loves you and wants the best for you. If you are praying for and receiving God's Love, then you already have a relationship with God. He will never force you to do anything you don't want to do. So submission/surrender should never be out of obligation, but always out of love for God and wanting to be guided by Him for your own good. It is also related to acting on the guidance from our soul as the Divine Love is changing our desires, motives, values and we are becoming more kind and loving. Making your life choices motivated by love is the same as surrendering to or following or being in harmony with God's will.

I hope this gives you a few more insights and understanding.
Love,
Eva
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Daniel,

Sorry I'm late to the discussion. I too have some issue with the wording or phrasing of "submission of your will" as it sure sounds antithetical to the universal law of "free will." In fact, many people have difficulties with the antiquated or outdated language used in the Padgett Messages.

However, what I have learned is simply to ignore the "submission" phrase. We know from over a hundred years of messages from Jesus and others that the single most important thing is to be open to receiving God's Love into your soul. Sounds simple enough, right? But that's exactly the point that Jesus makes, over and over again, and especially in his recent messages. If you don't want the Father's Love, then don't ask for it. You still have free will. But the wonders of God's gift of Love are increased by a soul awakened by His Love, so why wouldn't you want to? (Another question Jesus asked in recent messages.)

Each soul's journey to God is unique. May you find your way upon that journey, and may the Father fill you with an abundance of His Love.

Dennis