Please explain about submitting to God's will

This forum is for all other topics
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Re: Please explain about submitting to God's will

Post by Daniel38 »

Well, as often, the problem is about interpreting written words. And we must begin to have appropriate spiritual experiences before having a chance to correctly interpret some of what we read...
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Post by AFlorentin52 »

We know that God respects our free will so my intuition is that God doesn't really want to force us to submit to His Will. However, in all His omniscience our Father in Heaven knows what's best for us so it's not unthinkable that He would want our wills, our souls to find resonance with His Will and His Soul. In music, resonance bring about harmony and beautiful music while dissonance only bring about discordance and inharmony. Maybe, it's why He gifts us His Substance, Divine Love, that vibrates in resonance with Him.

I'm just your fellow traveler and seeker but that's my 2 cents anyway.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Very good insight, AFlorentin52. God will not force us to do anything, but it is in our best interest to voluntarily and out of love for God, others and ourselves choose to get in resonance with God's Will.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Agreed

hugs
Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Eva wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:21 pmit is in our best interest to voluntarily and out of love for God, others and ourselves choose to get in resonance with God's Will.
Yes, but only so long as we can discern what is God's Will in any given situation. Striving to be a respectful and benevolent person in everyday life, is good and well, but for something more insightful and specific...
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Daniel38 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:13 pm
Yes, but only so long as we can discern what is God's Will in any given situation. Striving to be a respectful and benevolent person in everyday life, is good and well, but for something more insightful and specific...
This is the whole point of soul transformation. We are all supposed to be in intimate contact with God 24/7 via our soul connection. It is up to each one of us to achieve this. It has been achieved - just ask Jimbeau about Care, or read about Eileen Caddy who founded Findhorn. I certainly have had many such insights.

hugs
Geoff
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

Agreed. At least I am walking on the path, hoping I go the right direction, but even if I struggle along the way, this is where I go anyway. :)