Question from a shy enquirer

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Question from a shy enquirer

Post by Geoff »

Someone who is currently trying the Great Experiment for the first time asked:

I've been trying to find a way to do the Great Experiment without saying prayers or any words at all. In your experience, what is the best way to do it?
Geoff
Family

Re: Question from a shy enquirer

Post by Geoff »

so is no one going to answer this?

Geez.
Geoff
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

I recommend this person listen to the song I mentioned in another post and listen to it with the perspective that they are talking to God through the words of the song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRs2r6lcHY

Of course some of the words can be changed to he instead of she.

Also they can switch up
The words

At last I see the light to atlast i feel the light. Though seeing the light is still fitting with what they are trying to accomplish

Also instead its like the sky is new they could sing and its like my soul is new.... and its warm and real and bright...

I know it sounds silly but I started my prayer reciting this song recently and it really changed the intensity of the feelings I felt while praying.

I hope this helps them.

I'd like to hear if it did. :)

Good luck shy enquirer
Tiffany
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

they dont have to sing but just listen and feel those words as they are being sung n then maybe it will invoke that yearning in them that will accomplish what the praying would have done.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Well thank you Tiffany for responding. I am truly saddened that it seems this board has no got no folks willing to contribute to serious questions that newbies have.

hugs
Geoff
Joe
New Friend

Post by Joe »

Hello shy inquirer, like tiffany said finding that yearning or desire for the divine love is key. Simple asking god for the divine love is enough as far as prayer goes. But finding that desire is the most important, let god know how much you want his love. Think of being soulful or emotional in your asking or even desperate. God responds to soul longing. And if you cant find the earnest desire within you ask god to give it to you. Anything you ask god for that brings you closer to him, he will give ot to you. Geoff has a good explanation of this on his site www.new-birth.net paraphrasing here.. ask god for his love as earnest as you can twice a day. Could take up to 3-4 weeks to get a responce. Maybe more, maybe less. When I first recieved i felt a sort of little ping come in my stomach and go up into my chest. And I would feel that right after asking or shortly there after. Not real powerful but definatly enough to know it was there. I definately felt it spirtually too. Try this and let me know how it goes!! Stay in touch on the board. I think more people go on the whatsapp to converse but we should keep the board alive!
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Geoff wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:18 pm Well thank you Tiffany for responding. I am truly saddened that it seems this board has no got no folks willing to contribute to serious questions that newbies have.
I wish I could help, but have no idea how to do the Great Experiment without saying prayers or any words at all. And as I've posted here, the Great Experiment didn't work for me, words or no words.

But I do encourage newbies to read Bill's free book Soul Fire, which can be downloaded from the bottom of this page: https://wakeupcallforthesoul.com/soul-fire/.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Beth,

Well you just did try. Thats all you could do, so be it. So thank you.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Sorry that I am late to this party. I've been locked out of the Forum for a few weeks now. Now that Geoff has solved my dilemma, I can carry on. I did not come to wordless prayer until I had a firm grasp of what Divine Love is. Once I tapped into that pure longing of the soul, I had no true sense of sincere prayer. In the beginning, I recited the prayer perfect and other prayers, often out loud. 45 years later I still say a short worded prayer in the beginning and then shift into wordless longing. If I lose my focus, I will repeat the process. Mind and soul working together during prayer is my experience. Once I feel the Love flowing into my soul I know that I have reached the place that I aspire to be. This took a few years to accomplish and , of course, its an ongoing effort and practice to receive this Gift of Love. Things can change, but this is where I'm at now. Never a dull moment in prayer and the source of my spiritual delight. Hope this helps........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Thanks Al.

There is a complication that our shy enquirer has not mentioned. That is that this person has no faith God exists. But is very keen, and I really mean that, to attempt this process and see what happens. I have referred to Padgett where such an experiment was done with one of Padgett's deceased friends.

hugs
Geoff