My views on Covid 19 and how it relates to earth changes

This forum is for all other topics
BethM
Site Admin

Re: My views on Covid 19 and how it relates to earth changes

Post by BethM »

Eva wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:05 pm I too like the idea, Karen, but can't do much to help. Beth might be able to help if she has the time. She certainly has the expertise.
Karen doesn't need my expertise ... she's pretty tech savvy! I too like the idea and plan to be available for the prayer.
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

I'm wondering how long to make the prayer time and what time of day to do it would be convenient for the most people so feed back on that would be great. If the group/page is made where commenting and posting isn't permitted, would it be good to open it to everyone with no approvals? Here is what I have written up so far but the length of prayer time and the time of day is still open. I thought it was great that James used the words Power of Prayer today in his message as I wrote this up yesterday:

THE PRAYER MOVEMENT
Do you believe in the power of prayer?
Do you believe there is a God or a Heavenly Father or Creator of All or a Higher Power or a Supreme Being or The Great Soul or Allah who loves all of the world, humanity, the universe, and all that He or She Created?
Do you believe that when people join together to pray for the same thing at the same time, it will create a huge energy and God will answer that prayer?
Are you distraught about what is going on in the world right now?
Are you fearful of where the racism, fear, hate, division, and nationalism will eventually lead?
Do you feel isolated and full of grief because people you have always loved are saying horrible things about people they don’t even know and are espousing beliefs that are counter to your own values?
Do you feel powerless to do anything to fix these things except perhaps to vote but even if the candidates you vote for win, you know things can’t really change for the better unless people change deep in their hearts and souls but you feel powerless to change them or yourself for that matter?
If there was one simple thing you could do to help, would you?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, I invite you to join us in a movement that I feel is being guided by God.
This movement is really very simple and only takes fifteen minutes each day of your time and you can do this anywhere you happen to be.
This movement is to pray EACH DAY at 8 PM Eastern Time for fifteen minutes. Pray silently or aloud from your very soul with all the yearning and desire you can muster for God to send His Love and Healing to every human on Earth including yourself and clear away any fear, hate, feelings of superiority over other humans, and feelings of hate towards oneself and replace those feelings with love and compassion and humility and the desire to treat others as you would treat yourself.
I also ask that you join this group and invite others you know to join this group to pray every day. The more people that join in, the more powerful the prayer will be. I invite you to put a reminder in your phone. We will also send a reminder here on Facebook each day. Feel free to pray to God in any way that you are comfortable. Have a conversation silently or out loud or just send your feelings and desires to God but however you pray, do it from your soul with sincerity. Pray music that awakens your soul when you pray if that will help.
This is something all people can do. It does not require money. You don’t have to leave your home. You don’t have to go to a protest. You do not have to say it out loud. You do not have to read or memorize a prayer. You can safely do this one thing wherever you may be. You don’t have to be around others and expose yourself to the virus. You don’t have to have Wifi or your phone or computer.
You Can Do This. Please join us.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

8P ET is fine if you want to focus primarily on North America. But just for reference, it looks like a good time for world prayer would be 5P ET, which covers our community pretty well:

7A - Sydney/Brisbane
11A - Hawaii
2P - Vancouver
5P - SW PA
10P - UK
11P - France
11P - Namibia

And yes, if you set up a FB group where only admins can post, and then turn off comments for your posts, having it be an open group should be okay. Maybe you could encourage people to like the posts after they've prayed?
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

Thanks Beth. I also changed it from fifteen minutes to at least five minutes. We are used to praying for an hour but many others aren't.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I like Karen's introductory questions and invitation, and the minimum of 5 mins of praying.

I did notice a small typo in this sentence: "Pray music that awakens your soul when you pray if that will help." -- it should be play music.

As far as the time, while 5 pm ET may more or less cover our community (though 11 pm might be too late for some, and 7 am too early), what about making it so that anyone can participate at whatever time of day it is convenient for them, as long as they do it? Or you could have something like 12 noon (or some other hour), whenever that is in their part of the world. That would make it sound more global, rather that US-based and more people might be inclined to join. Also you would have people praying around the clock, rather than just at one time of day.

I like Beth's idea to encourage people to respond by Like if they have prayed that day -- or by Love / Care if they wish.

You could also include a Share option, so others will become aware of it and join if guided and inspired to do so.

I think the idea is off to a good start. We can also mention it in the November newsletter if you like.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

A couple more thoughts:

The admins could also post a daily "Thought of the Day" -- something short but relevant to the themes that Karen has in her questions. It could be no longer than 2-3 paragraphs, but could be just a short, on-sentence quote. It could come from the Bible, Padgett, Samuels, contemporary message, a spiritual writer from any tradition, etc. The possibilities are endless, as long as it is truth and relevant.

The subjects could include prayer (for Divine Love or other), blessing, antidote to fear and worry, God's promises to provide, protect, help, etc., all people and life being connected, God being in control, a future world of harmony, etc.

I would be happy to be one of the admins/contributors.

The first post could be a short version of what I had posted earlier on this thread on the power of prayer, with a link to the full text for those who would like to read more:

"It has been found that as little as 1% of a population practicing a unified form of peaceful prayer and meditation was enough to reduce crime rates, accidents and suicides in an area (Maharishi Effect) There has been a high correlation between the number of people in prayer and the quality of life in the immediate vicinity.

Prophets and sages have suggested that only 0.1% of a population working together in a unified effort may shift the consciousness of the whole world. If this is so, surprisingly few individuals may plant the seeds of great possibilities. In the world of 7 billion, 0.1% is only 7 million. Possibly even a square root of 1% or 100 people in a city of 1 million may make a difference to the entire world. This power of prayer could be the proverbial mustard seed that will eventually cover the world."

I am assuming that group members would receive a notification of the daily postings, which would automatically serve as a reminder to pray.

The group name could be Praying for the Healing of the World (or Planet); or something along similar lines. There is no present group with that name.

Another question that could be added to Karen's list could be something along the lines of: Are you concerned about the reckless abuse of the environment and resulting species extinction?

I am quite excited about Karen's idea and it is definitely something that if it grows could make a difference.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Lots of great ideas Eva!! Re sharing of posts, that is something that would require that it be a public FB group (which is something Karen had suggested in terms of just making it be open to all) since in a private FB group, posts aren't shareable. And just as an aside, you could always do this as a FB page rather than group, but you cannot turn off the ability to comment on posts on a page, but you can in a group. So a public FB group is probably the right way to go, setting it up so that only admins have the ability to post (a group setting), and admins would need to remember to turn off comments for when they post (an individual post setting).

Re timing, I wonder if it's a both and? I'm mindful of James' comment in the Fri/Sat circle about "the cumulative power of our prayers together" ... but maybe he didn't mean simultaneously? But if we thought the multiplier effect was important, we could pick a time for simultaneous prayer, AND also suggest a time for local prayer, hoping that as this gained traction, there would certainly be others in your time zone praying at the same time. :D
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Looks like things are moving well along here in regards to promoting prayer. I think that anything we do that will increase people's awareness and efforts towards prayer for our world is helpful. And putting in an intention to receive God's Love is of the highest. You go girls ! Much love.....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.