A different way to pray

This forum is for all other topics
Incarnadine
New Friend

A different way to pray

Post by Incarnadine »

Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since I have posted, and I was a much more prolific poster on previous incarnations of message boards centered on discussing Divine Love.

However, having has a heart attack, and having been unsuccessful for a time in finding the next step in my career, I thought it clear that the Universe, and Angels were clearly saying that I needed to change to get different results.

And so I’ve done a bit of exploration of ‘manifestation’, and how closely it parallels prayer. There is one teacher (Joe Dispenza, I think, though most others, including Dr. Michael Beckwith would concur) that, if you hold on to your lack of something...well, that is what you get more of. So, somewhere in the back of my head, there was a momentary twinkle of how this could be applied to praying for Divine Love.

Manifestation essentially hinges on visualizing or fully imagining the desired outcome as if it had already occurred, with corresponding (and, according to Dr. Joe, very importantly) gratitude and excitement. (Tony Robbins makes such visioning a part of an every morning ‘priming’ practice.)

So, I envisioned what it would be like the moment AFTER having received sufficient Divine Love to have achieved complete Oneness with God...needless to say, gratitude doesn’t come close. My soul SCREAMED with utter joy, knowing that this moment WILL happen (I’m not setting a date).

Okay, I know how I am praying from now on.

In case you want to give it a try....

Love,

Incarnadine
Geoff
Family

Re: A different way to pray

Post by Geoff »

Dear Richard,

Its great to have you back. I guess a new way to try Divine Love is always fun. But of course we don't manifest that energy, because we can't. But its always your intentions behind these things that counts, and its obviously very centred here. So all the best.

hugs
Geoff
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I'm not so sure it's a different way to pray. I was just looking at that on Geoff's site, in this message from Jesus on the Law of Prayer. Here's the money quote for me:
[God's] listening Ear is only open to those prayers, which have a genuine need or benevolent purpose in mind. And when I say this, I mean prayers, which are offered with great sincerity and with a degree of faith that they will be answered.
I think that people who tick off all three aspects of prayer -- 1) benevolent purpose; 2) great sincerity (desire); and 3) degree of faith (belief) -- will absolutely 'manifest' this ... it's the Law. :)
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Here is adding to what has been said above, but along similar lines. Gregg Braden, based on his study of native American and other traditions, says this:
There are four categories of prayer as viewed in the West – colloquial, petitionary, ritualistic and meditative. Indigenous and esoteric traditions add a fifth mode of prayer, which is different, and had been lost to us. Its secret is to shift our perspective of life by feeling that the “miracle” had already happened and our prayer has been answered. The prayer then becomes a prayer of gratitude for what already exists rather than asking for our prayers to be answered out of a position of need.
So he talks about visualization with feelings. Feelings are the key to prayer and they come from the soul, rather than mind. For more on this, see my summary of a chapter from one of Gregg's books on my web page http://universal-spirituality.net/law-o ... of-prayer/, as well as the related articles on prayer listed below.