What to tell a beginner?

This forum is for all other topics
jeanne
Family

Re: What to tell a beginner?

Post by jeanne »

Oh, my goodness! What a magnificent thread and a topic so close to my heart! (I hardly think Al, with his amazing gifts, is qualified to comment on how much anguish this can bring to sincere seekers since he's never experienced this agony himself! :roll: ).

Having lived with this man for 44 years and and having been closely associated with gifted Divine Love Mediums for the past 51 years, I might just win the prize for the most heart-wrenching cries to God -- praying with all my heart and soul that I might actually feel the inflowing of His Love into my soul. It's still never happened to me.

There was never such a focus on the difference between the mind and the soul in our Prayer circles until 2015 when, at a pre-retreat gathering in our home Confucius and Augustine facilitated an exercise to help participants understand the difference. The first time I realized there was indeed a difference came in a personal message from Alec when I retired.....6 years ago! And that was after more than 4 decades of praying for Divine Love. So, in my experience, these discussions are relatively "new" in the Divine Love community.....but most certainly what our Celestial Guides and Teachers wish for us to learn and understand.

I have finally come to a place of acceptance....I have given up expecting to have an experience of feeling Divine Love coming into my soul. I appreciate your comment Beth, that the Great Experiment can be misleading - thank you for offering this perspective because I didn't see this perspective before and I agree this must be true for many.

I wholeheartedly agree that more discussion and sharing authentic experiences in the Divine Love community on this topic could be very helpful for many. I do hope you write a book on this topic, Beth! YES! What a service it would be for many.

Where I am now, after receiving many personal messages over the years and having the benefit of living in prayer most of every day, is to finally accept what my guide Martha has told me: that I have an active soul, to accept that I am receiving God's guidance in my soul which bubbles up into my thoughts, and to appreciate my gifts. Augustine has also told me the same thing: not to worry about it - that it's happening whether I'm aware of it or not.

What I do experience in prayer is the presence of the magnificent love of God and the Angels enveloping me....often I feel "wrapped" in a spiritual, light "blanket" that is almost thick! Sometimes I feel God's Love entering my physical being from what I guess is the Crown Chakra; I often feel being uplifted into a higher condition of love, light and vibration. I notice the changes in my thoughts and perceptions have grown more loving over the years. I am beginning to appreciate the impact of my gifts on others. I have felt the agony of deep expiations over the past 4 decades but I can't distinguish the releases from my soul for certain, although I'm beginning to trust in the process. Most of my inner life has been in TERROR as the result of childhood experiences. Unbelievable TERROR...panic attacks... but I would say almost all of that has gone now. Most mornings I wake up BATHED in light and love....as if I' have been sleeping in heaven all night. Sheer bliss. So I have come to change my focus....I'm not intent on having the kind of experiences that others have described. If it comes, it will come.

Kudos to you all for your sharing here, which I hope will continue.

God bless you all,
For now,
Love Jeanne

PS. Al and I are going to have our morning prayer now, and you can be sure I will be praying for the Angels to comment! :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

The two biggest takeaways that are top of mind for me are 1) it can take you a VERY long time to "feel" Divine Love in your soul (certainly a LOT longer than three weeks), and 2) because of the Law of Attraction, you would be well served to make real effort to use your conscious mind in a way that supports your spiritual journey.

From the Padgett message I referred to previously:
If his thoughts and deeds are evil, he will attract those spirits or mortals who have similar thoughts and deeds, and who will not help him to higher things, but who will retard his progress towards his first estate; and if his thoughts and deeds are good, then his associates will only be those of like qualities, who can and will help him in his progress.

Every effort to create good thoughts strengthens the desires and will in that direction, and assists the coming of other good thoughts, for with these efforts comes the help of these unseen influences, and the repulsion of the influences of the retarding forces.
So if you think you should be feeling the Love and you aren't and you get frustrated or depressed or concerned or whatever, you're potentially slowing your progress!

For this reason, I think that until you are, as the DLSF Great Experiment page says, "certain ...to know the power and wonderment that is God’s Divine Love" then per Padgett, any "effort to create good thoughts strengthens the desires and will in that direction, and assists the coming of other good thoughts."

I guess my third takeaway, for me at least, is that it's not necessarily the case that you need to throw out the natural love baby with the bathwater when you are on the Divine Love path. Or to mix metaphors, I think that natural love techniques and healing can be kindling for a Divine Love fire.
Jane
Family

Post by Jane »

Here's my two cents worth...

I think, for one thing, beginners would be encouraged by heartfelt personal stories of a variety of people on this path, their struggles, methods, triumphs. It must be emphasized that we are all unique and come to this path from a wide variety of different backgrounds and beliefs and progress on the natural love path.

When I was introduced to Divine Love about 9 years ago, I was a reasonably "spiritual" person, having done much seeking, and had some psychic gifts (clairaudience and healing abilities, mostly). It was probably a year or more after I had joined a weekly prayer circle that I actually put some effort into praying for Divine Love on my own. It was a while before I understood what a "soul longing" was.

It is true that this seems to be a "drop by drop" progression, as I think Beth said. However, I personally found that group prayer circles and ESPECIALLY group retreats--where we shut out the world for some days and immersed ourselves in spiritual discussions and group prayers, resulted in much bigger "shifts." When you are sitting in a room of 40 people who are all praying with a singleness of purpose for this gift, big things are bound to happen!
We can't do these at present due to Covid, but the online prayers have been quite powerful. We seem to have quite a committed group who show up for these 3 or 4 times a week. Commitment itself goes a long way in drawing Celestial angels to help us.

A couple of weeks ago I had an experience in prayer which I believe was the FEELING of receiving Divine Love. It was warmth all over and I felt so close to God. This is the first I have experienced in the 9 years since my first prayer circle. I have only felt in the past an urge to inhale when I have prayed for DL, and that is something I experienced doing energy work or taking a homeopathic remedy in the past--anything that caused an "energetic shift." So 9 years and just now--just once--I felt it.
But, as Eva mentioned, you can judge by the fruits. I have totally and profoundly changed in this time. Now all I want to do is be with God, express love to God, get to know God better, talk to God... I am in LOVE with God. Something worked ;)
With God, anything is possible
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Augustine responded to my prayer request! I have just posted the audio recording of the message on LightBringers. (A What's App Group). A beautiful message for us all! Once it's transcribed and edited by Al, I will post it here in the forum.

God bless, love Jeanne :P
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Sorry, Beth, I can't figure out how to copy what you said above to respond here!

I think The Great Experiment definitely needs to be revised based on what you have written here. I believe the reason for a 21 day timeline was from the perspective that it takes at least that long to establish a new habit -- so that definitely needs to be clarified.

I hope you will help us update this section on our website! :P

Many thanks,
Love to all,
Jeanne
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

BethM wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 am I guess my third takeaway, for me at least, is that it's not necessarily the case that you need to throw out the natural love baby with the bathwater when you are on the Divine Love path. Or to mix metaphors, I think that natural love techniques and healing can be kindling for a Divine Love fire.
I totally and completely agree here Beth.

Because, quite simply, following the Divine Love path cannot but cause you to build natural love as well. So any technique that is "Natural Path" is no obstacle, and in many cases, particularly related to identifying and dealing with expiation it may well be extremely beneficial. You only need to look at the wonderful human beings that Buddhism creates.

And add to that, when we first reach out to God, we reach out in NATURAL LOVE. It is in fact the absence of sufficient natural love that can cause a barrier. While we have never within DL circles had a message that supports this text quoted below, it rings true for me, particularly since some folks feel or don't feel things the same (spiritual receptivity):
Mortal man cannot possibly know the infinitude of the heavenly Father. Finite mind cannot think through such an absolute truth or fact. But this same finite human being can actually feel - literally experience - the full and undiminished impact of such an infinite Father’s LOVE. Such a love can be truly experienced, albeit while quality of experience is unlimited, quantity of such an experience is strictly limited by the human capacity for spiritual receptivity and by the associated capacity to love the Father in return.
I really wish our community could stop the judgement inherent in every put-down in the name of "Its only Natural Path..." Its unloving for one thing, divisive and causes compensation in those that choose and use these words. Choose your words wisely and avoid judgement.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

jeanne wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:27 pm Augustine responded to my prayer request! I have just posted the audio recording of the message on LightBringers. (A What's App Group). A beautiful message for us all! Once it's transcribed and edited by Al, I will post it here in the forum.

God bless, love Jeanne :P
Wow back again. So glad someone helped you log in finally!!! Its been a long while.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Geoff, I couldn't agree more with you re:
I really wish our community could stop the judgement inherent in every put-down in the name of "Its only Natural Path..." Its unloving for one thing, divisive and causes compensation in those that choose these words. Choose your words wisely and avoid judgement.
I wrote something similar, if not in this thread, then in the FB group.

Love,
Eva
Jjonas
New Friend

Post by Jjonas »

I believe I would say this to a newcomer:

Gods Divine Love is good medicine. The conditions mankind feels deep within, the ones that may hold us back from feeling truly free, and living in a harmonious balance, are brought to light in this Love. It is a Free Will decision, has to be voluntarily taken, truly desired, cannot heal from the outside, and depending on a infinite number of individual conditions, will have its effectiveness in varying levels of awareness.

I (IMHO) would also mention not to set expectations, expectations have the potential of keeping us in a mindful pattern. The material mind gets disheartened when progress seems slow, where the soul mind is eternally patient, loving, and has compassion for the minds struggle. The mind wants to “see to believe”, whereas the soul is more of the “believing is seeing” type.

Faith is a journey worth traveling, and praying for this medicine (Divine Love) helps us grow in Faith. One feeds the other, and eventually, darkness turns to light, judgement turns to compassion, impurity to purity, and this choice of following a Divine Path, it is a journey of eternity towards God.

So for a soul who seeks the path of Light, I would recommend to bring a bottomless cup, not a measuring cup, because the peace that passes all understanding exists in infinite capacity, or so we’ve been informed.

There’s a million more things that ‘could’ be said, but if a seed is all we are called to plant, I think something humble, warm, and truthful is all we could be asked to offer?
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Jjonas wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:54 pm Faith is a journey worth traveling, and praying for this medicine (Divine Love) helps us grow in Faith. One feeds the other, and eventually, darkness turns to light, judgement turns to compassion, impurity to purity, and this choice of following a Divine Path, it is a journey of eternity towards God.
I don't think too many people are willing to embark on a journey of soul transformation with all the effort and years that entails, without some spiritual reaction. And I have seen all too many come in a flurry of excitement, and then fade out.

so, while I hear you Jonas, I originally offered The Great Experiment as a way for people to test the truth of this statement by Jesus:
Jesus wrote:I am not going to tell tonight just how this working of the spirit operates, but, I say, if a man will pray to the Father and believe, and earnestly ask that this Love be given him, he will receive it; and when it comes into his soul he will realize it.
Found here: Jesus says “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life”.

What happened to me 20 years ago is that after several days of bouncing around Doug Oreck's web site reading about dead Kings and Queens, which did not impress me at all, I read that statement, and my engineering mind said to me: "Well if thats True you can prove it to yourself." As I did. From then on for me, it was game over. I accepted the body of Padgett Messages as essentially true. And so that has been my desire ever since. To have people reach a point of saying: "This is it. Its True."

I also would like to point out that my page on my web site which explains The Great Experiment, contains this message Each Individual Experiences The Divine Love in a Unique Way I am not sure I can make it more clear.

hugs
Geoff