Soul progression and retrogression

This forum is for all other topics
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Soul progression and retrogression

Post by tiffanyo »

Is soul retrogression something possible in the spirits sphere? I am under the impression that once a spirit has been purified or is becoming purified that they can no longer retrogress but can stagnate in their soul progression. Is this true?

I ask because we always have free will and are given the free will do go through the spheres as we progress even if that means going over to a natural love path instead of divine love path and then changing our minds again.

I ask this also because I know most here don't believe in Satan. It was a relief to never having to have a fear of him and hell. I know Geoff believes Lucifer existed. According to your understanding is this who the idea of Satan is based on? From your understanding he was an angel that retrogressed? Right? How can a spirit be cleansed from their sins only to decide to do bad. I read on your site somewhere that Lucifer, a celestial, decided to stir up some trouble. How could a celestial who is perfected do so? Wouldn't pride not be a part of his personality because he was made pure?

I don't mean to stir the pot as I know this is not directly related to divine love or a topic that many want to discuss because not all agree in his existence. I was curious on your take on it and others take on the possibility of retrogression. It would seem to me impossible if we were made perfected and also a pure soul. If perfected is the right term.
I also wondered did God make him disappear? On your site it says he no longer exists. God is so loving so why wouldn't he just go to a lower sphere abiding to God's laws of having to go where his soul condition would take him. It is also a scary thought that one could just cease to exist. Can you direct me to where you found this info. I find this very interesting. I would think on Earth we could lower our soul condition but not on the other side. I hope this subject qualifies as an acceptable topic to discuss.

Tiffany
Geoff
Family

Re: Soul progression and retrogression

Post by Geoff »

tiffanyo wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:24 pmI ask this also because I know most here don't believe in Satan. It was a relief to never having to have a fear of him and hell. I know Geoff believes Lucifer existed. According to your understanding is this who the idea of Satan is based on? From your understanding he was an angel that retrogressed? Right? How can a spirit be cleansed from their sins only to decide to do bad. I read on your site somewhere that Lucifer, a celestial, decided to stir up some trouble. How could a celestial who is perfected do so? Wouldn't pride not be a part of his personality because he was made pure?
Dear Tiffany,

This subject is better not discussed here. If you really want to talk about it, you can sign up on my personal forum: Spiritual Journey Message Forum

Yes spirits can regress. This is seen typically in the hells but we don't have an example of it happening above the First Sphere. (Other than the conscious choice to go from the Sixth to the Third to begin the DL path.) I suspect having learned once, is enough? I do have examples, not within the P messages, of this happening.

hugs
Geoff
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

Okay, will definitely sign up to that forum also. Thank you for the reply. I don't wish to offend anyone. I just thought it seemed like a contradiction and just wanted to get some clarity. I will make a post there about it.

Tiffany
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Have to agree with Geoff here. In order to pass through to higher realms, those conditions and thoughts which impede such progression must be expunged from the spirit ( or mortal). Therefore the motivation/inclination to revisit error is extremely unlikely. Satan represents evil and is a mental construct that we have created to embody this man made condition. I definitely believe as stated in Padgett that Satan did not nor does not exist. Urantia would disagree but when following a path you have to decide what teachings you want to study, especially if they contradict one another. The belief or nonbelief in Satan isn't a game changer though. It will influence what spirits may come around you Tiffany while entertaining these thoughts of Satan as a real entity. Hope this helps........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I was looking for something else on Geoff's site and came across this in this message from Judas this AM (emphasis mine):
I have told you that many beliefs, such as reincarnation or the trinity, are actually innocuous. However, beliefs that take away from men the knowledge of their own worthiness: such beliefs also block the door to an awareness of the greater world. These poor people, chained in their feelings of guilt, are in the darkness of their own negativity. They will remain there until they recognize their own value. They have to understand that God does not want their dignity. He, Himself, has already given them that. He wants their free will desire to join with Him in the Love that unites, all in all.
This is tangential to Tiffany's original question, but I thought it interesting as we humans do tend to get hung up on our beliefs, don't we?

But wrt the highlight, that resonates a lot. I'm guessing that if this isn't an issue for someone, their experience(s) on the Divine Love path may be markedly different.
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

I have definitely let go of a belief of Satan. Oh how freeing it was. I am choosing not to focus on the subject I brought up because it serves no true purpose for my soul's progression.

I am just curious about how he came about that info and curious because he still holds this information as a truth, which is okay with me and doesn't devalue any information and wisdom he is able to pass along to me on this forum or his. I am interested in just reading what he said and testing my own ability to discern what is truth for myself. I do however like to keep things simple and don't feel a need to know absolutely everything about everything. I understand the love is more important than obtaining knowledge.

Still, I'm new to all this and am curious to find answers even if in the end I do not accept them as a truth. It is very interesting and very complicated and while I will spend a small amount of time looking into this subject, I know what my focus should be on. I'm trying to find a balance between love and knowledge without distracting myself. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you again for the advice and replies. BethM, I am doing my best not to let any old beliefs creep back in because I do agree with that message. It could block my ability to gain this awareness of the greater world. As AlFike had said, entertaining such ideas could influence bad spirits and I don't want that to happen.

Well, until my next question and conundrum,

Tiffany
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Looking forward to that Tiffany and we all need to test the truth for it to truly be ours. Keep it coming, I'm enjoying the conversation. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.