Letter to Richard Rohr and Brian McLaren

This forum is for all other topics
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Letter to Richard Rohr and Brian McLaren

Post by karenjeanlyons »

All, I have been guided lately to write a letter to Richard Rohr. I receive his daily meditations via email and this week was a particularly good one that included writings from Brian Mclaren. Anyway I wrote the letter and when looking up Richard Rohr's email found that his organization did not want people to contact him. I then had the thought to send my email to Brian Mclaren and ask him to share it with Richard Rohr. I did this and also sent it to Al and Jeanne. Jeanne suggested I post it here so here it is:

Dear Father Richard Rohr and Brian McLaren,

I have felt guided to write you this letter. When I tried to email it, I found you are not accepting emails so instead, I am sending to Brian McLaren in the hopes he will be able to share it with you. I have been a subscriber to your daily mediation for a while and have also seen you on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday. As a life-long Catholic who has been on an intense spiritual journey over the last few years, you are one of the few Catholic leaders who I feel is on the right path and leading the church and our world in the right direction. I admit that I am not an expert on all of the Church dogma but a humble soul who is only trying to follow the Will of God by writing you this letter.

Recently this week, your meditations regarding a new church connected with my soul. I am reaching out because I feel a guidance to share with you a Truth that I have learned that I have not seen to date in your meditations. This Truth is: in order to have a soul transformation and reach the Celestial Heavens as Jesus came to Earth to teach us about, one must pray earnestly for Divine Love from God the Father to fill their souls. This can be done during daily meditations or at any moment of the day or night. It can be done in the comfort of the home, in church, while driving in a car, while walking in nature. It can be done any place at any time. The Catholic faith does somewhat have this Truth but it is not emphasized. The Bible also has it mentioned but again, it is buried in many words and is not always interpreted properly. The Apostles received a large abundance of Divine Love from the Holy Spirit during the Pentecost. Jesus was born with Divine Love in His Soul and prayed for and received it throughout his life and continues to receive it in Heaven. This Love can only come from God our Father. It is delivered into our souls by the Holy Spirit which is an instrument of God the Father.

I was born and raised a Catholic. My family has been Catholics for many generations. I have been a devout Catholic my entire life. I attended Catholic schools as did my two daughters. I served on the school board of their Catholic schools. I served on the Parish Council. I taught religious education and served in many capacities in the church throughout my life. I attended Mass each week and practiced all the sacraments. We raised our children in the faith. I did not come to this point lightly. In reality, it shocks me at times to think of the change in myself. I could have never foreseen it. How did it happen?

It was indeed a journey. I admit I have always struggled with some of the things in the church but I always told myself, my faith is of God, not of Rome and the men who control the church. I comforted myself by looking around and seeing the people in the church, the faithful women who served, without which, there would be no church. They were the church, not Rome, in my mind. My biggest issue has always been that women are treated as subordinate, lesser people by the Church. This is not the way of Jesus. When I was nearing retirement, my daughters grown, we decided to move and build our retirement home near our hometown. I was still working so had a 45 minute drive to work along a quiet river road. I decided to use this time to pray and listen to religious music and recordings, to become stronger and more knowledgeable of my Catholic faith. I did this and it was working. At some point, I watched the movie The DiVinci Code. This led me to order and read the gospel of Mary Magdalene. I was very upset to find that she was vilified and ignored by the church and her gospel was labeled heresy. I found her gospel compelling.

My father at the time was battling a strange illness. He continued to worsen but we could not get a diagnosis. We ended up taking him to the Mayo Clinic where he was diagnosed with a rare disease called Necrotizing Muscle Myopathy. He was at Mayo for 6 weeks but there was really no cure. He came home and continued to get worse. He gave up. We eventually moved him to a nursing home as his care was too much for Mom who also has a long-term lung disease and all of we siblings still had full-time jobs. At this time, I often found myself angry and impatient with him because he gave up and he was not his normal self. He died a few months after coming home from Mayo on Dec. 12, 2008. Sadly he was by himself when it happened in the middle of the night at the nursing home. I was having a lot of guilt for many years because of this. I bring up my Dad because it is because of him that I started this journey.

In the meantime, several things happened that made me question deeply the authority of the church and others things happened that changed my perspective. First, I requested and received a position at work to ease me into retirement where I would be working on a large project in Saudi Arabia. To this day, I do not know what made me request this assignment but I did feel very guided, almost directly controlled to do this project. It was completely out of character for me to do something of this nature. I did not move there but did make about 13 trips there, each about 3 weeks in length. I had to travel alone as I was a woman and was not allowed to travel with male co-workers in Saudi Arabia. I worked with people from all over the world, especially Muslims and Hindus. At one point, while a young Saudi was visiting the US, he ask me about the cross I was wearing. I admit I had a hard time explaining it to him. He, on the other hand, had a hard time justifying their treatment of women and finally admitted it was all cultural and not of God. On one trip home, I saw the movie Philomenia. I also saw the movie Spotlight. These movies showed a very seedy side of the church that haunted me. I could not forget what I learned. Another memory surfaced. I grew up and live near the St. Meinrad Abbey in Southern Indiana. I even co-oped there while in college in the 1970’s while earning my degree in Computer Science. I met some young men studying for the priesthood there while I was in college at the University of Evansville. One related some horrible things he was experiencing. He was torn about accepting an assignment in Rome because it would entail being a homosexual partner to a powerful priest but it would also position him well for the future. I advised him to follow his conscious.

All of these things weighed on my mind and on my soul. I also began to realize that all religions have many good people that are no different than you and I. They want the same things for their families as I do. They are not bad people. They worship God as well. Our dogma and the details of our faith are different but we have much in common. Surely all these good people weren’t destined for hell or some terrible afterlife. I also visited several European countries during this time, including Rome and the Vatican. I toured many beautiful churches and sat in them and meditated. Often, this did not bring me peace but conflict instead. I could not reconcile the excesses of the material structures with human abuse and suffering that occurred in the world at the time these structures were built. I had recently seen the movie Les Miserables around this time. I felt like the scales were being removed from my eyes and I was perhaps seeing clearly for the first time.

One day, my sister called me to her house. She had a recording for me to listen to. It was of a medium who had channeled our dad. I was blown away as I had never really thought about such things or considered them real.I realized I had never really contemplated the afterlife even though I was a life-long Catholic. It was rarely discussed at church. The recording was very convincing as the medium, who knew nothing about Dad or our family, said things that only Dad could know and it sounded like him in every way. I decided to go to this medium so I could talk to Dad and ask forgiveness. I went and also had a very good experience. I felt I was having a heart-to-heart talk with my dad and it was priceless to me. This led me to research the Church’s position on mediumship. I found the church had a typical controlling and authoritarian stance on mediums. Only they could declare a medium legit or not. This did not sit well with me. I thought, what would they have thought of the spiritual experiences that Jesus had? So I decided to pray directly to God with all the earnestness that I could muster to reveal TRUTH to me.

This prayer was immediately answered. I was led to read a book written by Anthony Borgia of channelings from Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson which led to another book and another until I was led to True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, automatic writings from the Celestial realm through lawyer James Padgett in the early 1900's. In this book, I knew I had found TRUTH as every word resonated in my soul. Since reading this book over 5 years ago, I have been praying at least twice a day for 30-60 minutes each time for Divine Love to fill my soul.

Many things have transpired since then. I eventually was guided to connect with a group of Divine Love followers as I felt very isolated and alone in my newfound knowledge, although I wanted to shout the good news from the rooftops. I have attended several prayer retreats around the world. I participate weekly in online prayer circles, sometimes 3 times a week with participants from around the world. There are some mediums in this group who receive messages from Celestial Angels who reside in the Celestial Heavens. These angels have communicated over 600 messages in 2019 alone. I help to transcribe these messages. Most messages encourage us to pray for Divine Love but some occasionally focus on different Truths and guidance.

I have been guided to share my journey with some family and friends. While most are interested and respectful, I can see they think I’ve gone crazy. Lately, we have received several messages warning that Earth changes are imminent and that God has a plan for the salvation of humanity that requires our intense praying for Divine Love and asking us to share this Truth and follow our guidance as we receive it. We have been asked to work with the angels and God to develop portals of Light to Heaven and also work with them to create a lattice of Light to cover the world with powerful Love from God raining down on Earth. We have also received messages that God and the angels are working with many throughout the world on His plan for the salvation of mankind. I feel that you are one such soul.

We recently received messages saying that the time is now for these Earth changes to escalate. The fires in Australia have brought it all to the fore for me. We have some in our group from Australia. Twice during online prayer, they were receiving instructions that they would have to evacuate shortly as the fires were surrounding them. We prayed together for them and both times, the winds reversed and they were safe. The angels have told us several times that we and our family would be protected but may have to leave our homes and that it would be difficult and require much strength and continued prayer to get through these changes but after some time, there will be peace and harmony in the world for the next 1000 years.

Since learning all of this, I have been struck by how often in the Bible people were communicated to by the spirit world. These people are often called prophets. We also have times when Jesus, Moses, Noah, and many others were visited by spirits. I recently was struck by this reading at church one Sunday:

Ephisians 3:2-3a, 5-6 (from Paul)

When you read this, you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to human beings in other generations as it has been now revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit, that the Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and co-partners in the promise of Christ Jesus through the gospel.

I know that you probably think I’m a nutcase. Yet, why would God communicate to us via spirits during those times but not now when the world is in such upheaval and chaos? Why? I am well aware that what I am telling you is not mainstream and is way outside of the Catholic beliefs which are espoused today. However, there are also many things the Church has right according to the Truths I have learned but have chosen to downplay and to not emphasize them. There are other truths that have been changed over time in the Church doctrine by those in control for reasons unknown to me but probably for reasons dealing with politics, power, control, money, greed, and authority.

I have struggled greatly sharing this simple Truth with others: pray for God’s Divine Love with sincerity and you will be transformed and live eternal life. The other good news that I share: Hell is not eternal. If you but pray for Divine Love you can still achieve eternal life in Heaven or you can follow the natural love path which can eventually lead to the upper spheres of heaven and a purified soul. While also a wonderful path, it will not lead to soul transformation into a Divine being or allow you to live in the Celestial realms. Both paths need to be understood by all. I am guided and compelled to share the Truth of Divine Love and plant seeds. I have learned that we are born with the Truth in our souls but the material world quickly covers the soul and the material mind takes over.

I pray you will read this letter and the next time you mediate, I beg of you, pray for Divine Love to fill your soul. I don’t know why I was guided to write to you but I have done so. Peace be with you.

Much love,

Karen Lyons
Susan
Family

Re: Letter to Richard Rohr and Brian McLaren

Post by Susan »

Karen, this is awesome!! Beautifully written and made me want to keep reading about your journey! Thank you for putting your journey out there and planting those seeds! Love and hugs! :)
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

This is an amazing letter! Thanks SO much for sharing it here.

Just as an aside, I have no idea what Rohr believes personally but feels unable to say (given that he is still a Franciscan priest), but one of his primary CAC teachers, Episcopal priest Cynthia Bourgeault, has written quite a bit about what she calls 'the liminal space' ... including getting a vision about the Trump victory and having a relationship with her mentor/soulmate before and after his death. So I suspect that they have probably had very interesting conversations in private!

I'm not sure which is more challenging for the modern church ... the channeling or the fact that the messages pretty much turn established theology completely upside down.

But I applaud you for your response to your guidance. :)
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Karen for sharing this letter. Its a powerful testimony about your spiritual journey and about the truth of God's Love. We're not a cult, we don't ask for money, nor do we insist on dogma to be adhered to. We're just trying in every way that we can to share this invaluable truth with the world. Thank you for being brave and true to your path. I'm sure that you have sown seeds that will bring to light higher truths to these guys. Bless you for standing up for truth my dear friend. With love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Well done Karen. I was guided to simply send a copy of the Judas Messages. I did not expect to receive a response and I did not. Of course it may have gone in the bin. Who knows?

By the way Karen, I think you really ought to read this book, and it would be good if it came to their attention because it was written by a Catholic Monsignor. Its certainly about Divine Love even though its got some mixed in Eastern meditation concepts.

Keys to Thy Kingdom

I created this book. I was sent me by Hans Radac because it came from his part of the world. Eventually I found the copyright holder but they were aware I had created a pdf but seemed relaxed.

hugs
Geoff