Does diet play a role at on on spiritual progress?

This forum is for all other topics
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Does diet play a role at on on spiritual progress?

Post by tiffanyo »

Hi, my name is Tiffany. This is my first time posting on this forum. I've read through the James Padgett messages and have been seeking the divine love for close to a year, though I know there is work to be done. I wondered if diet plays any part in spiritual and soul progression. I've never read a celestial message where they have ever said anything about what we eat and if certain foods are not good for us because it is not loving. I am concerned eating the meat of animals is not showing love to the animals. At the same time, I understand we are God's highest creatures on Earth and so I wondered if all food including animal meat is okay and in accord with God's laws. A friend of mine who is also seeking the divine love, received a message saying it is okay but the way in which the animal is treated needs to be done differently. Is there anyone who can give me some clarity or advice on this subject? Thank you and God bless.
Geoff
Family

Re: Does diet play a role at on on spiritual progress?

Post by Geoff »

Dear Tiffany,

Welcome. Sadly this very topic is rather divisive. I will link to a thread we have on it already if I can find it. Lets separate the issues.

1. Treating animals badly is sinful and causes compensation to those doing these things. The issue many people have is they feel they are supporting these practises by buying the products. There is I feel truth in that.

2. Animals can be killed humanely and respectfully and all aboriginal societies have done so to my knowledge. It is generally true we are NOT killing animals humanely in as much as they do know what is coming and are very scared. When I have been through abattoirs the "killing" is humane enough, but the issue is before this point is reached. Its in the queues and marshalling yards. But that said Australia sells live animals to countries that insist on doing their own slaughter and we know many of those are appalling plus the transfer by boat is also not humane. Yet we continue to sell live animals. New Zealand stopped many years ago.

3. In general diet is unimportant as long as the body is nourished and not subjected to substances that are unhealthy.

4. Some of us have modified our diet slightly because we embarked on a very tough spiritual challenge where we were guided in close detail by our angels. Mostly they worry about over eating and too much of things like caffeine or alcohol.

Here is one prior thread:

and a rather longer one

and one where we lost a dear friend over this issue

and finally a channeled message on diet which is now on my own web site here

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I've got to agree with Geoff here. This world is so infused with unloving behavior that eating meat in my estimation is pretty low on the list but still a valid concern. I am a meat eater and since praying for God's Love for about 45 years now, I don't see that I've done myself terrible harm. I'm sure that if we lived like saints and avoided all deleterious acts, we would be in a more harmonious and soulfully open state. But we live in a material world which is the antithesis of such a state. It all sounds like a bit of a rationalization, but I know that I have progressed in the Love since the beginning of my journey. I've also lived a life full of blessings and many good things. In an ideal world, I'm sure that I could have progressed further given certain choices. The idea IMHO is to live life and let go of the anxiety of expecting to live it in a perfectly harmonious way considering how very difficult and demanding that would be. In this regard, the middle road is best while praying for the Divine Love will adjust your course accordingly. What isn't helpful is judging others for their choices. Hope this helps Tiffany. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

Thank you to both AlFike and Geoff. I appreciate your replies and will take them both into consideration. I will also look into the previous posts on this forum and the message received by spirit on this topic. I did end up finding a post from a few years back that referenced the message you are probably directing me to after having posted my question. ;) I also wanted to say that I appreciate the work you both do and wanted you to know how much it has impacted my life for the better. In my heart I feel divine love is true and so worth asking God for. Of course, I know I don't yet have those soul perception that will come later in life with praying and asking God, but in my heart of hearts it just feels like truth and love and comfort. I am on both sites of your sites almost daily and am a part of the Facebook group. Www.new-birth.net was the first site to open my eyes and I've recently found divine love sanctuary's celestial messages. I hope one day to be as invested as you both and the many others that do God's good work. It brings me comfort to know in a way I have found a family, a connection on this Earth to guide me because we choose to have faith in the same cause. God bless you both and I hope we are able to discuss other topics in the future.

Sending a drop of God's love to each of you,
Tiffany
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for your kind words. You may like to be on the mailchimp that I run, its about ten messages a day, and is going through all of Al, Jimbeau and Maureen's messages. I started in 2012 but am now into July 2017, but the good stuff is in this Mailchimp. You can sign up on this page if you so choose. It has a mix of messages suitable for new comers (the ones at FUSC) as well as advanced messages some of which are on my New-Birth site but certainly not all of these. Signup page for DLSF High Frequency Mail Chimp

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Tiffany and lovely to hear from you. It does take time and it seems a lot of prayers to build one's relationship to God through our soul's awakening in Divine Love but as you say, its 'worth it". There are a lot of messages out there and some are not always accurate. Its important to use your soul discernment and your common sense to winnow out the one's which do not strike you as being true. Padgett is the go to for the beginner in my estimation. A must read before you venture further afield. The Judas book is another bright star in the heavens. Most of what comes through me is an addendum to Padgett and best compared to the teachings in those books. Certainly there are some additions and new teachings but prayer for Divine Love is the central tenant. Its the time spent in prayer that is important. At some point the words and messages all blend together as the soul perceptions awaken to truth. Being in your soul will bring the deepest truth dear one, and expressing love in every part of your life will bring God's Blessings abundantly. May your spiritual journey be rich and full of God's blessings for your soul my friend. With love........Al

PS: if you are in the US and live on the Eastern Seaboard, we'll be giving talks and mini retreats there in March and April.
Endless journey,endless Love.
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

Geoff, I am subscribed to your emails. I find them very helpful. I've probably been receiving them in my inbox for a few months. I know you posted saying most people use the FB group for questions because of login issues on this site. I have seemed to have the opposite problem and have recently logged out of my FB and can't remember my password there. 😆 Would it be okay to keep posting on this forum and continue to get replies to my questions?

AlFike, yes I feel I am able to some degree figure out when messages don't feel right. I was reading a PDF recently. To be honest, I can't remember what the name was. It was closely related to urantia ... But I was under the impression that it was different and more closer to the Padgett messages. I really wish I could remember what the name was and how I came about it... As I was reading it i felt a prescence come to my room. A strong presence. It felt like the goosebumps without actually getting the goosebumps if that makes sense. I felt that whoever it was who was with me was good but I instantly felt that I shouldn't give too much of my time to the PDF I was reading and left it at that. Pretty cool experience. I hope I understood them correctly and they weren't actually encouraging me to read it. Well I'll guess I'll never know. Oh my I just figured out where I got this PDF. I went to my downloads on my phone. I'm pretty sure it was on the sympathetic sites section on Geof's website. I hope I am right. It was called Jesus, I speak to you again. Have either of you read this? If so, was I right in my perception to stop reading it?

Oh and lastly. I was on one of the forum topics where a member mentioned that a man named John Heslop and some messages from spirits that seemed to be basically about divine love without actually saying divine love. I'm not sure if her message was overlooked by accident or if you covered this. Her post was from 2016. I'll post a link to it here that works. The one she posted didn't bring up the page she had intended.

http://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title ... ist_Sphere

I feel so happy to have been able to talk with you both on here. I hope I didn't give you too much to look into as I am sure you are both very busy.

AlFike, I will also work on the time I spend in prayer, as I have never gone more than ten minutes and I am sure it makes a huge difference.
I am sure I have forgotten to reply to other things you may have written but I must go as my three year old daughter wants me to mold a snail out of her play and is complaining that I am taking a long time. Hahaha.

God bless you and both.

Tiffany
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

Also, I am on the east coast, in PA. I did read about the retreats that are coming up soon. 😉
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Tiffany, where in PA are you? We have quite a few active DLers in the SW PA area (there's two of us near Pittsburgh, two near State College, and one in Meyersdale). But we also have a very active DLer near Philly ... but he's over the border in New Joisey (as he says it). :lol:
tiffanyo
Happy Camper

Post by tiffanyo »

Hi BethM it's nice to meet you. I am in Philly :D . Hahaha. That's too funny about the gentleman from NJ. I don't think I have an accent. I do say warter instead of water. I think that's a Philly thing. Wow, that is quite a few people in PA. A good sign it's growing. I was introduced to the divine love last year kind of accidentally. I read the Anthony Borgia book online and was very into Leslie Flint and his recordings. I think somewhere on a similar site I read the name James Padgett and when I searched on Google I found The New birth site that Geof Cutler runs. N I have been reading about it since then and have completely changed my Outlook on everything spiritually. A year prior, I was sucked into the idea that we are all little Gods manifesting life. I thought Jesus and the bible was a metaphor.... But now I realize how misled I was. God is the only God. We are his children. Free Will is manifestation. The teaching of James Padgett just make sense. Just feels right. I am rambling...
I am on the FB group but don't post. I am more of a silent follower lol. I have told my family about the divine love. For some, it makes sense. For others, it is still following a faith and they're not into it. Then I have family who think it is too different from what they've learned in the Bible and are secretly hoping I'll repent for saying the things I say. It has just become my own journey.
But yes, I am in philly. I'm not sure I'd attend the retreat. But I'd like to know, what happens at these retreats? Also I am sorry about how I am posting. I know I've gone from one topic onto the next in a single post. My future question will be in a new post. Thanks all for replying

Tiffany