Question about souls personality...

This forum is for all other topics
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Question about souls personality...

Post by Eri Worthy »

Is our souls personality preset to be a certain way as to have preordained characteristics, or do we make it what it is and hence it will fluctuate and change/shift eternally?
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Question about souls personality...

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello Eri,

The Padgett Messages tell us that each soul is created conscious with a personality, which includes particular traits, but without individuality (or experience). The Messages don't go into detail, but, one might surmise that personality might include talents, such as for art or music or inventiveness, etc. Of course, we know by our own experiences and observations that we are each a unique combination of nature and nurture. That is to say, we are born with particular characteristics that are developed (or repressed) based upon our environment and experiences, beginning in the womb.

Souls on the natural love path develop until they reach the top of the Sixth Sphere, and then they cease to progress. Souls on the Divine Love path will expand and grow in God's Love forever, continuing to develop the particular progression of their original personality, based upon God's Love and each soul's every experience...without end.

Much Love,

Catherine
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Post by Eri Worthy »

Thanks for your reply, forgot I posted here.
Nice to hear we may be created with talents , so we all add something different to heaven as a whole. I have a bit more insight now
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Eri,
I concur with Catherine, but would like to add that it seems, based on the fact that Jesus' soul was especially predisposed to spiritual interests and pursuits, and personal experience, that some people's souls are more inclined to follow spiritual pursuits -- in some cases from very young age. I feel that this too may well be a part of the personality that our souls were created with. Of course, we still have free will to follow these inclinations and develop them or not.
Love,
Eva
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

It seems to me that you are right, Eva. Feels like an unfair advantage, but, it motivates me to share as much spiritual insight with as many other souls as possible! EVERYONE should have the gift of our Creator's Love,

Hugs,

Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Interesting discussion about soul personality and gifts. I suspect that personality is developed with incarnation along with identity. Inclinations would surely come from soul in combination with DNA biases and emotional traits etc. IMHO we are an amalgam of many factors which make up our personalities and that spiritual inclinations are as much a result of physiology as it is soul desires. When everything comes into alignment, including our life experiences, then the longings and desires of the soul might come to our conscious selves. Even then, as mentioned, we could chose to ignore the call. Its a very subtle and complex matter but I'm very glad that I answered that call at an early age. Our Angel friends have also hinted that following this path and the spiritual work that is a part of it was a choice made before incarnation. So I've just contradicted myself to a degree. I believe that the world is seeded with many beautiful souls who posses great gifts and can have a highly spiritual life but free will determines all and so few take up the calling for whatever reason. Like in nature, a plant doesn't send out one seed in hopes of further procreation, it casts out many with the intent that at least one will grow to maturity. So it is with God's Plan to uplift humanity. My guess is that He has sent many beautiful souls to earth in hopes that there will be enough who hear His call and to have their souls ignited in God's Love. What comes of this is dependent on our gifts and our ability to listen to our own guidance. If we don't listen and follow His Will, then half the equation is missing in regards to acting and expressing His Will in our lives.

As you might have guessed, I'm not altogether clear on this subject but enjoyed speculating what the truth of it might be. With love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Interesting discussion about soul personality and gifts. I suspect that personality is developed with incarnation along with identity. Inclinations would surely come from soul in combination with DNA biases and emotional traits etc. IMHO we are an amalgam of many factors which make up our personalities and that spiritual inclinations are as much a result of physiology as it is soul desires. When everything comes into alignment, including our life experiences, then the longings and desires of the soul might come to our conscious selves. Even then, as mentioned, we could chose to ignore the call. Its a very subtle and complex matter but I'm very glad that I answered that call at an early age. Our Angel friends have also hinted that following this path and the spiritual work that is a part of it was a choice made before incarnation. So I've just contradicted myself to a degree. I believe that the world is seeded with many beautiful souls who posses great gifts and can have a highly spiritual life but free will determines all and so few take up the calling for whatever reason. Like in nature, a plant doesn't send out one seed in hopes of further procreation, it casts out many with the intent that at least one will grow to maturity. So it is with God's Plan to uplift humanity. My guess is that He has sent many beautiful souls to earth in hopes that there will be enough who hear His call and to have their souls ignited in God's Love. What comes of this is dependent on our gifts and our ability to listen to our own guidance. If we don't listen and follow His Will, then half the equation is missing in regards to acting and expressing His Will in our lives.

As you might have guessed, I'm not altogether clear on this subject but enjoyed speculating what the truth of it might be. With love.......Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al.

I can't say you are wrong, but my view has long been that I don't really see how real love can be created and sustained in the absence of personality. And so I don't see how we could have soul mate bonding without it being based on personality in the pre-incarnation phase. But then, I have been surprised before....

hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

I only know what I read in the Messages, which is summarized in my first post. Jesus said all souls were created with a personality and traits that make each unique. Incarnation enables individuality and experience. The Messages don't go into more detail than that, but, personality is pre-incarnation.

Much Love,

Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Maybe the roots of personality are present before incarnation. My view is that we are imbued with lots of potential which needs expression with the awakening of ourselves in the material life. A soul has no body, brain, or means to articulate itself in physical ways. It could be that the soul consciousness is capable of expressing such things as personality but I would speculate that this is just rudimentary feelings and actions. Our Angel friends know or say little about pre-existance and if they don't know then its pretty pretentious of me to claim that I do. All is just speculation of the mind rather than a soul knowing but its fun to think of such things. Thanks for compiling what has been said Catherine. We all want to know from whence we came and where we are going. :mrgreen: God bless.....Al