Questions about the prayer for divine love...

This forum is for all other topics
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Questions about the prayer for divine love...

Post by Eri Worthy »

Is knowledge of evil ones necessary for someone to be given safe keeping by god? Wouldn't a retarded person be given help in overcoming evil ones by asking " keep safe me please in all ways spiritual", or perhaps ask more like in the prayer, "help me to overcome spiritual influences of powers evil". So as to not scare people why not leave the rest out ? Is it necessary to say it the way it is in the prayer for god to give us keep safe? This is the only reason I rarely promote James's work, as the knowledge of evil ones standing next to me never ceasing to try n turn me from the only one that can help me leaves me feeling unsafe , for years now, even when laying in my own bed. this seems unnecessary, an unneeded version. If you can explain an answer to my question above it may not only relieve me but I may even promote his work. also Did Samuels or a new medium correct this? Thanks.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Questions about the prayer for divine love...

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello Dear Eri!

Of course you may safely modify the prayer.

While Jesus said "this is the only prayer necessary" he meant the prayer for the inflowing of God's Divine Love. We know this, because in reading all the Messages that came through JP, praying for Divine Love is the emphasis, over and over, as being the one and only way to the Kingdom of God. That's it. Through the answer, which will surely come, will come all these things that our Father sees are for the good of His children (this includes protection).

The paragraph in the prayer that is asking for protection is just that...a prayer for protection, and it need not include the specifics about "evil ones." Stating, Sweet God, please keep me safe, or God please save my soul and help me follow Your Will is sufficient. The "help me follow Your Will" statement is another way - a more positive way - of asking God to help us resist temptation. It's OK to modify the prayer to suit your soul longings. Above all, we are to go to God like a little child would go to the most loving parent...without fear. With faith that our Father will tenderly care for us. THIS is the Truth of God's Love.

Also, I can tell you from personal experience, as I keep my thoughts centered on God's Love, and as I continue to pray daily, I am protected! It is as if I walk in the Light of God's Love, and so shall it be for you and for all those who pray with sincere longing and faith.

Lastly, the Messages also state that our souls can simply long for God's Love, without words, and receive it.

Please, please pray in the ways that make you feel safe and protected. You are God's precious child, and all we who long for God's Love and protection shall have it - at least at the soul level, where it counts. Right! Remember, your soul is the real you. Jesus's mortal body was not safe on his last day on Earth, but, his soul was exalted. :D Be not afraid, dear one.

Much Love,

Catherine
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Post by Eri Worthy »

Such good advice and insights that are helpful to me. It's safe to modify the prayer to suit my soul longings was much needed by me, and I thank you. I was afraid to. Thanks again
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

God bless you, dear Eri! Remember...God made you which is precisely why he thinks you're FABULOUS!

When it comes to prayer, just think of it like this: God is your loving parent and is deeply longing for a relationship with you. Prayer is the way we build a relationship with God. It can be as personal as we are unique. Big Hug!

Love,

Catherine

P.S. The link below takes you to a video series I created on prayer. It covers, How to Pray (so your prayers will be answered) and How Prayers are Answered. There are seven short videos. The playlist starts with the first video in the series and plays them one after the other, automatically. You don't have to watch them in one sitting. In fact, no one would want to! Simply click on pause when you need a break. Just leave the window open (you can minimize it on your screen, if you like). When you're ready, the videos will pick up right where you left off. No ads. Ever. Zero.

https://youtu.be/E1r4L5dHYf4
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Post by Eri Worthy »

Awesome of you Catherine. Thanks again. I look forward to the videos...have time tonight for a few.
Aloha,
Eric
Klaus
Happy Camper

Post by Klaus »

Hi all!

Regarding the evil ones, I found an interesting quote in the Messages:

Date: May 23, 1917

(..) Add I further know, that this state of freedom from thoughts of evil requires you to watch and, upon the first suggestion of such thoughts, pray to the Father for the increased expression of His Love, and you will not be disappointed. As in The Prayer, which I have given you, you are taught to ask, that help may be given you to overcome all temptations of the flesh and the influence of the evil ones. So, I repeat: Let your supplications for this Help ascend to the Father, when first you feel the temptation, for so far as regards your condition of soul qualities, these temptations and influences are real.

The evil ones are with all mortals, and the condition of the soul determines, whether they -- the evil ones -- can or not make a rapport with the mortals; and when this Love comes into the soul, such rapport is impossible. Then the secret of overcoming temptations is to have the soul qualities in such condition, that the rapport cannot be made.

I know, that men, sometimes, by their course of thinking of things good and pure, invite this rapport, but this is not to be relied on as a sure preventive, for thoughts are changeable and the results of the appetites and emotions, and the natural, as I may say, tendencies of men are to gratify these appetites, when not curbed by the higher development of their moral qualities, which qualities are very susceptible to the influence of the sensual natures of man.

I felt the necessity of writing to you, as I have, for it is so important both for yourself, personally, and as my instrument for the Work, that has been given you to do, that you acquire more of this Love and the knowledge, by which you may be helped so very much to overcome these temptations and influences. The more Love, the less the power of temptation and the possibility of thoughts, that do not find their source in this Love. So, I say to you: watch and pray (..)!

Blessings,
Klaus
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Klaus, thank you for posting that beautiful and pertinent excerpt from Jesus to James Padgett. Praying for God's love the moment we begin to feel discouraged is our most marvelous and effective way to be protected.

Here is a link to the entire message on Geoff's website, in case anyone wants to read the full context.

https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... -far-away/

Love,

Catherine
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Post by Eri Worthy »

Thanks Klaus for the note. Aloha