At-onement definition

This forum is for all other topics
db magee
New Friend

At-onement definition

Post by db magee »

Greetings all.

I have been a divine love follower and receiver for sometime. I don't know why I never asked this question or even tried( before this) to find a specific answer or definition, I think I was expecting to automatically understand this with the receipt of enough Divine Love. Not the case so far.

Anyway, if it wasn't obvious from the subject line, my question is: what, exactly, is meant by At-onement with God?
I have searched, recently, throughout the new-birth.net website to no avail.

I understand the warm, fuzzy feeling we receive in our souls but I am looking for an actual description / definition.

Thanks much.
db.
Geoff
Family

Re: At-onement definition

Post by Geoff »

Hi db,

I don't think we have much of a definition, but this is what I see:
  • a state of bliss permanently
  • always knowing at a soul level what it is that Father would have happen and choosing that action always
  • being able to obtain pretty much any information that you require
  • operating entirely out of soul - no "material" mind at all
  • having perfect recall
  • being a resident of the Celestial Heavens
  • being and knowing you are eternal
hugs
Geoff
db magee
New Friend

Post by db magee »

Thanks Geoff, that helps. It gives me an idea, specifically, of what one (who is obtaining the divine love) has to look forward to.
😊
db
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

I concur with Geoff...and I believe the Messages state that receiving the New Birth is synonymous with entry into the Celestial Realm. While one can be on the DL path and cross into any sphere, possibly the 3rd, 5th...or maybe 7th Sphere...I don't think even Jesus went straight to the Celestial Realm, at first. He descended into the hells to preach the Good News and then (perhaps) created the Celestial Realm? (I go to prepare a place for you.)

Perhaps he passed through all the spheres first...not that he had to...just that perhaps he chose to do so. Afterall, it IS an adjustment, sphere to sphere, from the Earth plane.

For myself, I figure I won't really know my own soul condition, with absolute certainty, until I drop this mortal body for good.

Blessings,

Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Good question db and welcome to this forum . Atonement is of course union with God. This is a matter of degree and is an eternal quest which can only be fulfilled by receiving the Divine Love to such a degree that the natural soul is reborn and is deeply connected and resonant with God. Jesus is closest to God but I don't believe that the atonement state is ever complete, so he and all Celestials are seeking closer at-onement/unity with God. I don't think that we can truly imagine what that state is like considering our earthly conditions but I agree with Geoff in his statements about it. Just seeking conscious at-onement with our soul is probably enough of a venture and an important first step. Hope this helps.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
db magee
New Friend

Post by db magee »

Thank you, Al, for the welcome and reply. Your explanation certainly helps clear things up - a bit. But, I still get hung up on the WORDS "At-onement and unity" and as such I have, and continue to use in my prayers the words "personal relationship" which, in my mind, fulfills, pretty much, the descriptions of both you and Geoff.

I think I will continue to use my words as they make more sense to me and it hasn't seemed to negatively affected my receipt of God's love.

Maybe someday Jesus, or one of his band, will expound on the true and definitive meaning of the words At-onement and unity.

Here's hoping!

db
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Great that you are using your own words db. God does not have any expectations that you would do otherwise. Prayer is something that is authentic and heartfelt and whatever words you can use to get to that soul felt and longing place is absolutely fine. Semantics is a nonstarter in prayer. Thanks for asking . With love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.