Purpose and Meaning

This forum is for all other topics
PlenaryGrace
Family

Purpose and Meaning

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello Dear Divine Love Family!!

I love you all and I'm so glad we are here, together, on this forum...sharing from our souls about God's precious Gift of Divine Love.

Recently there was a post from someone who feels ready to go Home to God. I have felt that way myself, in times past. It's a sad feeling. At least, it was for me. I'm going to share parts of my response to that post here, so that a larger audience may find it. If there's anyone still here, now that Facebook is in use. As an aside: I intend to continue to post on this site...and hope I shall not find myself alone.

Now to the topic of this post:

The desire to return Home to God is certainly understandable. Earth life can be hard. We work faithfully for family and friends...perhaps, after some years of toiling, we become lonely and tired. When that happens, I hope we shall all recall that the Light of our loving souls is desperately needed here on Earth, where there is much darkness. We must tend our mental, emotional and spiritual hygiene, so that we do not become depressed and fail to realize our value here on Earth.

Everyone needs to feel they belong. We need to feel our lives have meaning and purpose. Not just for ourselves, but, for the larger whole. We need to feel we have a future we can understand, or we will experience a sense of disconnectedness...and feel lonely or isolated. So many people here on Earth have "junk" values, thinking that money or power or status or material possessions or physical pleasure are the worthy pursuits. So many people have experienced childhood trauma that throws them off the loving, spiritual center of God's Truth with which we all came in - at the purity of our souls. Know that every day you breathe as a mortal, YOU ARE NEEDED here to be a light for the lost and lonely. This shall be true for as long as God, who knows all and sees all and loves all, deems fit. While we yet breathe, we are meant to be of service.

My paternal grandmother once said, "I've lived too long." And then decades later I heard my mother say these same words! My reply, "You have not lived too long. You know how I know? Because you're still here!!" :roll:

God gives life...if we take it, we depart from Him.

Even though we shall eventually find our way back, why depart from God?

Even if we are not thinking suicide, but, rather wishing our lives away...while entirely understandable...this is not what God wants. He wants for us to receive the GIFT of each of our days. Every. last. one.

Of course it is true that we can and shall continue to progress on the Other Side, and that may be fine for us; but, IF we are still here, THEN we still have a purpose here, in God's Perfect Plan. We will be disappointed, and God will be disappointed, if we wish away the gift of our mortal days.

If we wonder about meaning and purpose, let us submit our will to God's Will that we may know the rich blessings of a life well-lived for all our days. May we bloom where we are planted, in the here and now. The last years of our lives are the greatest treasures we have with which to bless those around us. Perhaps we may volunteer in a school with young children...help them feel seen and heard and loved. Or write a book...or paint a picture.

God loves each of us, personally. Our lives here on Earth have purpose and meaning. God and His angels will show us the Way, as quickly as we deeply and fervently and faithfully pray. We will rarely see the road ahead. Only the next tiny step. That is sufficient. We are babies here, and with 7 billion of us...the landscape of situations shifts constantly. God needs we the faithful to be ready to pivot with every step, that we may be of greatest service, moment-by-moment. Let us begin each day with Prayer. Let us pray in any moment when we know not our next step. Let us trust that we are loved. Let us sit in gratitude that we may come to know our daily blessings in a deeper way.

You are not alone, and you are needed.

Much Love,
Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Purpose and Meaning

Post by AlFike »

I couldn't agree more Catherine. Life is precious and there is no other approach that is in harmony with God's Laws than to honour this gift from God and live it to the fullest. Of course as a privileged 'white' guy living a rich life and in fairly good health , it is an easy response to make. Life is indeed good and rewarding right now. I had a stroke a few years back and for about 24 hours I had a form of temporary Alzheimers. I could not speak a full sentence although I was not so affected that I lost consciousness of who I was etc.. That was scary, and I contemplated how I would continue in my life with this loss of speech. That was the closest that I came to contemplating my mortality. I wonder if this affliction was permanent if I would want to die rather than carry on in this restricted way. The zest for life is informed by many factors as you well point out Catherine. I can understand why the elderly who have lost a sense of meaning and are in pain have lost their enthusiasm for life. I actually am an advocate for assisted suicide if the circumstances are appropriate. We do so for our pets when we see them suffer. Its a kindness. My wish is for a continued full and rich life and a dignified ending. Considering the intransigence of life here, there is no guarantee. Since the medical profession can sustain life for a very long time despite great suffering experienced by the individual, this issue is certainly rife with dilemmas. I don't know what the right road is in this case. I agree with you that life is precious and right now personally nothing could be closer to the truth. I only hope that I will pop off in peace without protracted illness and with dignity. I am closer to the end than to the beginning, so these issues are somewhat on my mind. I have no definitive thoughts however as to what is morally right and what goes against God's Laws . I may not get to the point of true understanding until that day of transitioning into spirit. Thanks for asking the question Catherine. I check this forum daily and do miss the vitality that once existed here. The Facebook, quick hit, venue seems to reflect the business of our lives and a desire for quick answers to what are often deep questions. God bless you for sticking to it sister. Much love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thank you, Al. You bring up an excellent point about physical and mental health! Such challenges are deep and delicate.

Still, I will go out on a limb and state clearly that both the Padgett Messages and the messages transmitted by Judas state unequivocally that we are not to shorten our lives.

At the risk of offending animal advocates, animals may or may not have souls, but, they do not have souls that are made in God's image. Their lives are naturally shorter, and animals have a vastly different purpose from our own.

Our precious mortal lives often have meaning and purpose of which we are entirely unaware. For example, the stroke victim or Alzheimer's patient may furnish a critical opportunity for the soul growth and development of their caregivers and loved ones. We simply cannot know. Only God knows.

I also cannot know whether Padgett and the medium who took Judas's messages "colored" their interpretation. I only know that, in my soul, I sense I must receive every breath of this life as a gift from God, to the very best of my ability. And I hope and pray that I am never tempted to the point of losing that Grace.

That said...I am a person who is more likely than not to refuse certain medical interventions. I have no intention of unnaturally prolonging this life, either. I hope to live to the full extent of God's Will and not one day more. Again, I pray these deep musings are never put to the test.

End of life presents some of the hardest moral dilemmas. It is not for me to judge another soul's choices. Only to share my soul perceptions, immature as they no doubt are. We are being called to speak Truth with confidence.

What a lovely forum this is for doing just that!

Much Love to you, Al, and all...

Catherine
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Catherine and Al, two of my favorite eloquent speaker/writers that get messages across in unique character themes. My closeness to an unexpected suicide of a stepfather in 1989 angered me for the senseless loss and extreme burden put upon my mother. Though anger was softened in time, always is there a 'why?' Now, living in his home that his carpenter gifted talents built, being a full-time caregiver for my mother, I witness daily his handiworks and benefit from them and wonder daily if I in any way am inspiring his seeking of the truth. Is he cognizant of my caring for his wife? That is another perspective to ponder in growing in divine love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

This is a deep conversation indeed. So many issues that we don't understand re why people get to the point of wanting to end their lives. Sometimes it can be just a momentary or short-term despair. Other times it can be a long period in physical and/or mental/emotional suffering that leads to total despair. Medically assisted suicide (euthanasia) no doubt presents a lot of dilemmas to those approving and/or performing it. It is true though that we don't know what purpose God has for the life of a person that is in deep dementia and/or physically helpless. There may well be priceless lessons to learn for the carer/s and maybe even for those beyond the earth. On the last "Friday Chat" that both Brooke and Terry Adler participated it, Terry shared some of the things she has learned from Barb -- her mentor and friend for decades that she now has three carers for because of severe dementia. It was quite eye opening.

So as with so many things, there is much we don't know on this issue and each individual instance of suicide -- which would be devastating for those left behind, especially when they don't understand the reason for it.

Love,
Eva