New Divine Love Facebook group

This forum is for all other topics
BethM
Site Admin

New Divine Love Facebook group

Post by BethM »

Are you on Facebook? A new Divine Love Facebook group has been created as part of the Divine Love Sanctuary Foundation page. The group is closed, which means that posts are only visible to members of the group.

Here is the group description, which was shamelessly stolen from Al's initial post:
The Divine Love Facebook group welcomes all faiths, creeds, nationalities, and spiritual beliefs. Our beliefs are very simple. We believe that God exists and that every soul in the universe is loved by God. God's Love is substantive and can be brought into our souls with sincere prayer. This energy is transformative as it purifies and awakens the soul. Through this group we are focused on informing and inspiring others to pray for the inflowing of God's Love into our souls. We hope those who join this group might share some of their spiritual experiences and possibly ask questions about their journey and soul awakenings.
It's only been a day, but initial reaction seems to be promising with almost 50 members. If you're on Facebook, I hope you'll join us. Consider it another place to have conversations with people on the Divine Love path and a complement to this forum, LightBringers, and the DLSF page! :D

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GodsDivineLove/
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: New Divine Love Facebook group

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for posting this Beth. Although we have been focused on this forum as an important communication tool for Divine Love followers, it seems to have lost its charm in the last few years with few joining in. I suspect that this is the case because passwords are long and not easy to remember. Once you are locked out it is necessary to contact us for a new password. When things get difficult, then people tend to give up. With our Facebook Group I believe that those who want to share and communicate their thoughts and experiences can do so without the barrier of the password ordeal. The password system is important for security and locked out spammers who attempted to breach the walls quite regularly and Geoff has been diligent in keeping them out.

My hope that having the Facebook Page will not sink this ship as there are thousands of communications, essays and pertinent queries on the pages of this forum. If one is diligent in searching out the gold within, it is indeed a rich vein of truth awaiting you . And this place allows more in depth comments and threads which are more easily found compared to the Facebook format. My wish is that that people will do both because each serves a different purpose and format. I hope that you will all agree. Much love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 am Once you are locked out it is necessary to contact us for a new password.
Not true at all, but far too many people think that. Every web site these days, built by professionals has an option to get a new password. So does this one. But I agree that some of my dear friends are still trying to use six or seven character passwords based on the last dog they had. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

I don't see FB as an alternative to here. As you point out it is not suitable for long discussions, as also stuff simply gets lost and FB provides no decent search facility to find it. But its still where a lot of people hang out, and as you say, convenient if they are already logged in.

I did provide a User Guide to this forum, but I dont think many have ever read it. I am not sure you have Al? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=121

hugs
Geoff
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I think that there are strong points to both platforms and see no reason why not to continue with both!
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

I'll be sticking with this forum, for privacy/security. I don't post on the Facebook site.

Thank you all!

Love,
Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for your reply Geoff and I knew you would. The snappy format of Facebook seems to be drawing the crowd which I think is unfortunate. And yes, there are misconceptions about how things work here. Even I am guilty of that and I'm a moderator. I used to love putting somewhat long essays up on the forum but for a few years now I've lost my impetus to do so. Writing books seems to be what I enjoy more these days. I've started my third book entitled " Finding Our Way Home......Reconciling Mind and Soul" working title. Wish me luck and I go the the Forum every day but see little that stimulates my appetite to add to the conversation. No blame there since I am just as remiss as the next guy. I'm enjoying the energy of our new Facebook group and hope that the momentum is sustained although I tend to agree with you Geoff that it has its drawbacks and flaws. I support whatever keeps people engaged and connected. Both formats are well suited for the task. Much love......Al
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I agree that different things work for different people -- we are all unique and attracted to different things. Perhaps the forum has somewhat fulfilled its purpose and is on a decline, while the FB page is drawing people who were not or are not attracted to the forum. I am looking forward to exploring the FB group more and am also mentioning it in the next newsletter.
Love,
Eva
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I see the Facebook group as being a middle ground between LightBringers and the forum. It's suitable more for conversational messages that could be too much for WhatsApp (notice that people didn't want to see all the conversation about transcribing messages there recently). But given the conversational bent, it's not as well suited as the forum for longer, more thoughtful posts. Maybe one of the things we can see is if we can point people here from there when it makes sense.

And who knows with Zuckerberg? FB could be toast in the near future. The bio on my profile is 'Trying to quit Facebook.' For now, the good outweighs the bad, but that could change.

Eva, thanks much for the mention in the newsletter! I figured I'd missed your deadline, so was going to wait until you made the next ask. :D
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

You are welcome re the newsletter, Beth. The deadline is past, but I just noticed it, so I thought it would be a good item to still include.
Love,
Eva
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Beth for your grounded response and I very much agree with you Eva. A nice balanced perspective from you both. May your wisdom shine on my sisters and serve to bring the truth of God's Love to many. With love.......Al