Upon Coming Across New Truth

This forum is for all other topics
Eva
Family

Upon Coming Across New Truth

Post by Eva »

This reflection is based on thoughts that my husband expressed to a friend of ours who was asking about what to her was a new perspective on a spiritual topic. It was not the Padgett messages, but the principles apply to those who have recently discovered the messages or to any of us who encounter new perspectives or interpretations and wonder how we should respond. This is what my husband advised re discerning and if appropriate acting on new information (with some adaptation on my part).

The question that we each need to ask is: “What should I now do, with this new knowledge?” Here are some suggestions:

1. Take some time out. Go to a quiet place, and just sit quietly – think about what you have heard/read, reflect deeply on it, and pray for help in knowing what to do.

2. We each need to listen to that “quiet, still voice” that the Bible talks about – that soft voice that will speak to our heart and will give us the help and direction we need. So, listen to your heart.

3. Know and accept the fact that not everyone will see or understand this new perspective. In some ways, our spiritual journey is a lonely one (because not everyone will agree with us) and we need courage to follow a path that we feel is right.

4. In the end, we must each do what we have come to understand is right. Once we make the decision to follow what we perceive as the truth and/or God's will for us, we will receive the strength and courage that we need. God and the Celestial spirits will come to our assistance and be there for us.

5. We don’t have to (nor should we) follow the truth alone, all by ourselves. It’s important to be in touch with other people who have come to see the same truths that we have become convinced of. This forum and other outlets provide opportunity for fellowship for Divine Love followers.

6. While we have come to believe that we now understand the truth, avoid judging, looking down on, or condemning others who don’t see what we have come to understand. This is a mistake that is so easy to make – to be critical and non-accepting of others who don’t see the truth as we see it and to think that “they’re all wrong” and “I’m better than they are”. (The Dalai Lama sets an excellent example in this respect – while he is a staunch Buddhist, he is never critical of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, or others.)

Love,
Eva
Susan
Family

Re: Upon Coming Across New Truth

Post by Susan »

Wise words Eva! Thanks for sharing! :)