Troublemaker by Leah Remini

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Troublemaker by Leah Remini

Post by Geoff »

Right up front this is not really a "spiritual" book but I read it to see what I could learn about scientology without getting my hands dirty as it were. They are a very secretive organisation, and it seems, fairly evil at the core. Certainly Leah never talks of God, so I would say God appears to have no place in Scientology, certainly by her telling. But she certainly spills the beans as both she and her mother reached OT 7. And being a celebrity she also was in Tom Cruise's circles.

I was very surprised to learn right at the end, as also via Google, that "thetan" - a significant word in their vocabulary - is the closest thing to soul (or the discarnate material mind maybe). They talk about OT (Operating Thetan) levels, and everyone pays vast amounts to get to the top of these levels. It's obvious to me that L Ron Hubbard was aware of the amazing abilities of some rare people, those who can materialise, dematerialise, biolocate and of course those who can heal. So he sought to build an organisation, like a religion, to deliver these gifts to his congregation, but to make them work incredibly hard and pay a heck of a lot of money to get to those levels. And when they get there? Sigh, they cant do this stuff. I guess that's why the need to be so secretive because if the run of the mill guys knew no body has those promised gifts, then they would abandon ship.

But what I have learned of recent years, is that if you do manage to "awaken" your SOUL (not your mind) there are a heap of mind blowing gifts waiting for you. And its God's Divine love that does this. Now there is NO evidence of love being any part of the Scientology practice. Sure they sell you on them saving the world, and doing good. But they don't treat their own people with love. So LRH had a great idea, but had no idea how these gifts are gained. Sure there are some gifts that are a product of mind and not of the soul, but Jesus was a fully awakened soul, and all his powers came from his soul. For example he caused Moses and Elias to become physical in the transfiguration. That is a soul gift. He of course used a similar power to materialise himself post death.

But something did strike me. The way they sell scientology is far more applicable to Divine Love. Divine Love actually delivers the very things that they try to claim of their processes which are man-made not God-led. Somehow if we could harness the enthusiasm for the pitch they have perfected while avoiding everything else, maybe we would have some traction? However I think we will carry on the way we are going. Its what the angels want.

hugs
Geoff
Incarnadine
New Friend

Re: Troublemaker by Leah Remini

Post by Incarnadine »

Geoff,

Though I have not read the book (well, I perused it a bit at the bookstore), I did see just about every episode of the two seasons of her related show on A&E. It was mainly focused on connecting with other ex-members and hearing their stories.

While I did very much understand a good part of the stories and difficulties associated with the separation of and from family members, which was a constant theme, I was also somewhat struck by the absence of any discussion of the existential stress of losing one’s belief system and foundations. In escaping a somewhat cultic ‘Christian’ group, I found that, for me, the undercutting of my beliefs was a significant stressor. (Of course, that is what led me to discover Divine Love, so the ending, for me, is a good story).

While I find the fact that a good number of people are motivated to do good, and are attracted by the COS pitches, the desire for being at-one with God is a different thing. So, yes I agree with you, continuing to be guided by the Angels is the best way forward.

Richard
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Richard,

Great to see you here. I trust all is well with you.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Great topic Geoff and thanks for chiming in Incarnadine . I've seen some documentaries about Scientology and others like the Rajniche ( sp). I too am fascinated by their ability to draw others in. From what I have observed, these cults are started by charismatic individuals who are intent on gaining attention and ultimately some power over others. They feed off of the attention and adoration that they receive. They also seem to have some spiritual gift(s) that prove to others that they have something worth pursuing. I believe that our friend AJ is in this category. He claims to be Jesus and uses his knowledge of Jesus's life to prove it. He also is psychically gifted and can tell you things about yourself that you did not share with him previously. Each of these leaders have something that is attractive to others and fills some need in the spiritual seeker to follow them towards whatever vision that leader may have. For the leader the pitfalls are great as the cult of personality can corrupt and distort the original message. Of course there are those whose original intent is to gain power, control and resources for their own enrichment. Its a dark world out there.

In our own pursuit to share the truth of Divine Love we have the advantage of our overseeing Angels to guide the way. Taking the prescribed course mentioned above would not draw our Angel friends close because we would be following our own will rather than God's Plan. That is the fundamental difference in regards to sharing this message with the world. First we must find our own way to opening up our soul gifts, as you have mentioned Geoff, and then we have to acknowledge God's Plan and Will. Proof and credibility will come with soul awakening. Understanding the road meant to be taken will be self evident once we are soulfully attuned. I too would like a magic formula that would bypass all that hard work that needs to be taken in order to attain soul perception and wisdom but it has been made abundantly clear that no other way will do. The example of the many failed cult leaders of today and in the past show this to be true. Keep pray'n because that is the only way to resolve the dilemma of how to reach many with this message. Of course many of us are not getting any younger and the world is teetering on the edge, so we better hurry up :shock: . In God's Love we rest...........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 am I believe that our friend AJ is in this category. He claims to be Jesus and uses his knowledge of Jesus's life to prove it. He also is psychically gifted and can tell you things about yourself that you did not share with him previously.
Dear Al,

In my experience he at best "reads" people. He has never met me, yet he tells people things about me in a very confidant manner but these things are totally without foundation. Just straight rubbish, but of course very big "put downs."

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yup, psychics, readers, mediums etc. are imprecise in their gifts but they often get enough right to warrant some attention. Using your gifts to manipulate and even destroy the reputation of others is a big red flag and will definitely bring compensation down upon themselves in time. Many of these so called higher teachers have found themselves in much lower spheres upon passing than you would have thought. The law works for everyone the same. You can be cranky at times Geoff but definitely not a bad guy ;) :lol: .Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

In the past I was curious about Scientology because of its secrecy. Since inside information has been made available (such as by Leah Remini and others who preceded her), I have learned enough about Scientology to feel very sad for any and every soul caught up in its web of disastrous disharmony with God's Love.

As for AJ, he's leading many people to the Padgett Messages (such as me, for example), which is good. But, sadly, he is terribly unkind to his followers. Right before I shifted from watching his videos to reading the Messages, I sent him an email with several genuinely heart-felt, soul-searching questions. [The same questions I eventually explored on this site.] AJ (and Mary) answered my email in a TWO HOUR VIDEO that I never watched. I never did believe AJ was Jesus, but, I was attracted to what he shared from the Padgett Messages (in other words, I was attracted to the Truth).

From watching AJ's other email-response videos, I had learned that one could tell within the first 2-3 minutes whether or not he would be kind to the questioner. So, I had a friend watch the first few minutes on my behalf. Of course, I already knew the news was bad by the title AJ gave the video, which labeled me as angry. I was never angry. I was passionately seeking TRUTH. Anyway, my friend watched the first few minutes of the video and said, "...don't bother...I have no idea who he's talking about, but, it isn't you." So, I never did watch. In other words, somewhere in cyberspace is a two-hour rant against me, based on an-entirely-misinterpreted-email I wrote to AJ...an AJ-rant with my name on it...to which I give zero credence. AJ has my compassion; and Mary, too.

I certainly am glad to have found the Padgett Messages and this DL community! I can thank AJ for that, at least. What a phenomenally LOVELY turn my life has taken since finding the Messages...and how much my soul has grown. Hallelujah! Thanks be to our beloved God!

Incidentally, I'm addressing the Metaphysical Interpretation of the Bible group at Unity of Fairfax tomorrow...so grateful.

Amen,
Catherine
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Cate,

Yes its sad really. But as you say, some do move on and find the rest of the DL community. But of course there are plenty that walk away yet again burned by "religion". But of course its not religion at all that burns. Best of luck with your talk.

hugs
Geoff