Has the tgrabj prayer for divine love been updated by an advanced medium?

This forum is for all other topics
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Has the tgrabj prayer for divine love been updated by an advanced medium?

Post by Eri Worthy »

HI all has the the tgrabj prayer for divine love beene updated by an advanced medium or a double blind study been done by a medium whom has never read it to c what James has to say about it?foundation Church Of course luckily added the word divine yet Jesus said in its imperfect state it was satisfactory. It asks not for faith either. As well of course Dr Samuels was not a divine instrument as we know it takes 70 to 80 years to be reborn on earth, guesstimate I was given anyhow. Thanks I long to know this as I see the flaws in prayer perfect yet see James Padgett messages as unsurpassed in importance.
M.
Geoff
Family

Re: Has the tgrabj prayer for divine love been updated by an advanced medium?

Post by Geoff »

Hi Eri,

Welcome. Have you been a long time follower of the messages? (I twigged via a bit of help from my friends that "Eri Worthy" is "Eric Worthington" so I know you are quite new and have read a lot, and its even possible I told you that it typically takes a lifetime. My view has changed in the last several years.)

Because your comment above is what we "used" to believe: "as we know it takes 70 to 80 years to be reborn on earth"

Its not simply a matter of time, although certainly time is involved. All the time on Earth - say 300 years - will not get you there unless two things happen.

1. Your prayers are regular and deep. Far too many long timers are not regular enough in their prayer practice.

2. You do the work to resolve the issues that this world created in you, and is creating around you, and manage to "not be of this world."

This second point has come to our notice only in the last several years. In point of fact some long time Divine Love folks still reject this, believing time is all that is needed. If the Earth were far more advanced, say up at the 3rd or 5th sphere, or even 4th sphere level, then probably this would be true. But because its probably in the First, its extremely hard to avoid the issues that surround one, and worst of all, to avoid the injury as children and young adults that these conditions create, because you have to reach and pass through the Seventh. Jesus has confirmed that its possible to have your own "Pentecost" which was fortunate for the Apostles, otherwise they too would not have made enough progress to walk the world as effective disciples of the Master.

On the broader issue of the prayer, there is quite a division amongst folks on this forum. Neither Jeanne nor Al have much time for the prayer and do not use it. It seems their "heritage" also did not. IMHO it has not caused them any loss. I love the prayer but do not use it. I did for a very short time. Then I found it unnecessary to make that connection at the soul level to God.

So, I can see absolutely no reason for a medium such as Al to bring out a "new" version. It would not be something he would want to do, and for sure it would cause great angst amongst others who are already challenged by the boundaries we have pushed out.

By the way, I do update my website regularly, and so the latest "thinking" on the topic of achieving the New Birth on Earth is right there.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Geoff. Like you, when I first read The Prayer Perfect, I was enthralled by it but that soon diminished and I said my own prayers in my own way. It has never been the words that bring the blessings in my experience. It is the heartfelt desire and longings of the soul which ignite the Holy Spirit to convey this gift of Love. Whether in circles of light or alone, I always say a prayer which comes from my heart. There is no other way to pray for me than this. Many prayers are beautiful and inspiring so if one feels uplifted and opened by them, then it will serve its purpose to open the soul to God's Love. Everyone has their own journey to God and we cannot insist on any one way to fulfill the yearnings of the soul for at-onement in Love. As we meet many soul inspired Divine Love followers, I see that their journey is always unique and beautifully demonstrates their individual soul. God does not listen to the mindful intentions conveyed through prayer, He listens to the yearnings of the heart that are not so much made of words but pure feelings. My advice to anyone who prays is to know your own heartfelt feelings expressed in intention towards God . That will do the trick. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Al wrote:
It has never been the words that bring the blessings in my experience. It is the heartfelt desire and longings of the soul which ignite the Holy Spirit to convey this gift of Love... God does not listen to the mindful intentions conveyed through prayer, He listens to the yearnings of the heart that are not so much made of words but pure feelings.
Of course, this is 100% consistent with the Padgett Messages.

I see the Prayer Perfect as a mini-tutorial that seeks to correct the erroneous beliefs transmitted through the Bible. To me, it feels more like a prescription for Divine Truth than it does a prayer.

Through our prayers, the soul continually evolves; it makes sense then that our prayers would also evolve. As Geoff indicated, the important aspect is to pray regularly and soulfully...and to allow the Holy Spirit and His angels to transform us, so that we can indeed live in the world but not of it.

Hugs,

Catherine
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I'm almost two weeks into the 'great experiment' having found the Padgett messages in early January 2019. I think that Geoff and Al are completely right about it being the desire and the words. But as a newbie, I'm finding a formal prayer a bit like training wheels ... something I can use until my faith is stronger and I 'resolve the issues that this world created in you' ... or at least the biggest obstacles!

But it seems to me that that doesn't mean the original perfect prayer is the only option. I've found different versions of prayer that I've put into my prayer toolkit, including:

1. The original prayer: http://www.divinelove.org/The-Prayer-for-Divine-Love

2. The modern version on Geoff's site: https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... -by-jesus/

3. Another modern version on Al & Jeanne's site: https://divinelovesanctuary.com/what-is ... xperiment/

4. A prayer embedded in a message from Augustine that Al received: https://new-birth.net/contemporary-mess ... july-2016/
Hold my hand through this journey and infuse me with Your Love so that I might with strength and clarity release these things within and allow You and me together to live in this place of communion and Light, this deep place that I will carry with me for all eternity, becoming ever brighter and more beautiful, allowing all that is not in harmony with your Love to fall away from me and all truth, all goodness, all joy and deep peace to replace those things that I hold so dear to myself and are not of God or love or true joy and I will release these things and allow the benediction of Your Holy Essence to heal everything within me, to open my arms, to bring me to at-onement with You.

5. And my current favorite is a prayer embedded in a message from Jesus via Al: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1108
Father, open my soul to this Gift, Your Love. Open my soul and may Your Holy Spirit touch my soul and pour within it your Essence, your Love that I may be transformed, that I might be your true child, embraced and carried, lit along my life’s path in the glory of your Light and care and protection.
Another thing that I have been finding really helpful to me is my version of sung prayer. I have a playlist of songs that I've found on YouTube that I pull up on my TV every morning. They music and lyrics of these have sometimes brought me to tears, so I find that a good sign of a melting heart (one of my faves: https://youtu.be/gBPA4mIJ5NY).

And just as an aside, I mentioned before that I've come into this from a Christian contemplative path that uses a practice called centering prayer. There are tenets of this practice that jive closely with Geoff's two points. Re the first (regular prayers), the practice teaches that rather than focusing on 'am I doing it right?' the most important things are intent and discipline. Intent is the desire in the prayer to open oneself up to God, and discipline is doing the prayer even though the mind is making sitting uncomfortable. They teach that the only thing you can do wrong in this prayer is to get up and leave.

Re the second (resolve the issues), centering prayer teaches that it through longterm use of the practice, one opens oneself up to essentially 'Divine therapy' from God (https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/a ... ne-therapy). And for most of us, there is no way around this work, or to force it to happen more quickly.

I find these complements reassuring. What is resonating for me about Divine Love is that it seems to me that the ask -- 'open my soul to the inflowing of Your Love' -- provides a focus to prayer that centering prayer was missing (for me at least). And of course, the messages that correct many of the things that made little sense to me too. :)
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Wonderful to hear from you Beth in this thread. I think that you are definitely on the right track and you 'get it'. There is a depth of spiritual maturity and insight that indicates that your soul is aligned with God. It just takes some practice in letting go of the mindful reality that we all deal with daily in order to find that sweet liberation in prayer and contemplation. The Angels will certainly help you dear sister. Keep plugging away and continue to put your thoughts upon the highest and your desires on receiving the highest blessing of all. I'll pray for you too......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Beth,

I second Al's words. I don't think I have heard a new comer "get it" quite so well so fast. Its obvious your prior background has helped greatly, which means we should be able to reach those people you have learned from?

hugs
Geoff
Eri Worthy
Busy Bee

Post by Eri Worthy »

Thank u all so very much for your perfect replies. Very informative beth n I thank you. I agree with all files version in that animal sacrifice need not be part of a prayer for ones choosing love as the way, as well as other areas touched upon. Yet seems not enough emphasis on divine love transforming n rebirthing soul.nice to see it was written though. Al's has much heart as well,. Bypassing the teaching on evil ones therein I found merciful to many already emotionally ,mentally and/or physically weekend souls . Taught this when a youth it hurt me in unnecessary ways yet I may b wrong and we should repeat it every day.
I thought there are zero celestials available to help as Jesus said the harvest is ripe n laborers r few and though we feel love with it travels a great distance as god sends them where they r needed most so , must be over seventy billion in hereafter now. Are they really here to pray with us when there's so much god wants them to do in the hereafter? I believe this is a rapport block . God sends spirits to fulfil material prayers James Padgett said but I don't remember anything about celestials being with us laymen. U Geoff? The laborers r few n harvest is ripe. I hope I'm wrong. I ask god to have ones from perfect heaven help me if wills n r avail.
Hey I began praying a month ago for god to give me passage to the hereafter, even though I'm young still as I have been sick for quite awhile. Do u know of any messages that say god will grant me passage from earth, a rebirth if u will. I have great faith it can and will happen yet wish sooner than later. My condition is seemingly irreversible n I suffer greatly daily so am eager to go. Any insightful advice is appreciated as well. Thanks again for all your shared insight😉
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Geoff,

Here's the guy to reach out to: Rev Paul R. Smith (http://www.feniva.com/prs/new3/home.html). He's a former Baptist minister who is now active exploring the intersection between Christianity and Ken Wilber's Integral space. Last night, I watched a video of a presentation he did in 2015 (https://integrallife.com/transforming-friendship-jesus/) that just blew my socks off (sorry if that's an American expression that doesn't translate!).

I'm not expert at Integral theory, but what I'd say is that theirs is a non-denominational approach largely looking at escalating the fulfillment of the natural love path (their big thing is the non-dual reality ... we are all one and we are one in God). That said, there are considerable overlaps with Divine Love, both in terms of practice and the acknowledgement of spiritual dimensions.

I suspect there are also more like me who come from the Keating/Bourgeault space (https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/). I think for many, the Divine Love and spiritual path messages will likewise resonate. Not sure as much about all of the messages that contradict 2000 years of church teaching!

As an aside, here was something I loved from Smith's presentation. He did an overview of Christianity in 10 seconds, saying that Christianity:
  • began in Palestine as an experience,
  • moved to Greece and became a philosophy,
  • shifted to Italy and became an institution,
  • arrived in Europe and became a culture, and
  • came to America and became a business!
There are others like me who want to go back to the early teachings where Christianity was an experience and a relationship with God. But getting past the philosophy/institution/culture/business can be a huge hurdle.

Al,

This! "It just takes some practice in letting go of the mindful reality that we all deal with daily." I have some very early attachment issues and one of my coping mechanisms was to shut off emotions and live in the left brain. On the plus side, I'm good at persevering. :)
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

As an aside, Rev Smith has retired, but before he did, he actually converted his Baptist church to a 'post-modern' one. Here's what they say they believe ... sure seems like a church I'd like to attend!
We experience God as love and reject all punishing, vengeful, and violent images of God.

We follow Jesus’ example as he embraced, ignored, and rejected parts of the Scripture of his day.

We are convinced that hell is a human construct and not a punishment by our Creator.

We believe that God communicates directly with every person.

We see each person, as Jesus did, as a divine being on a human journey.

We accept God’s promise that every person without exception will awaken to the light of divine love.

We cherish the healing, transforming power of the Spirit of God within each person.

We address God as Mother and Father while agreeing that God includes and transcends all human metaphors and is Ultimate Mystery.

We have found that the self best evolves with the support of others.

We learn, grow, and risk as a community committed to spiritual transformation.

We practice justice, welcoming and affirming diversity.

We respect other traditions and spiritual paths.

We embrace the Spirit breaking through the barriers that keep people from unconditional love.

https://www.broadwaychurchkc.org/about-us