Has the tgrabj prayer for divine love been updated by an advanced medium?

This forum is for all other topics
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Has the tgrabj prayer for divine love been updated by an advanced medium?

Post by AlFike »

Yes, I like it too Beth. Unfortunately their beliefs miss the most important point of receiving the Divine Love within our souls. The new thought movement claims that all is within and no need to receive anything more. This is the path to Natural love spirituality and for those of us committed to spreading the word of God's Love we are obliged to share the vital truth regarding the transformation of the soul. One can certainly grow and change by increasing our capacity to love with the cleansing of our souls and minds. This seems no different to the beginner than the goal of Divine Love which is cleansing the soul but is only one step of the journey. Next the soul expands and is transformed with greater inflowing of this Essence of God. The natural path speaks of the capacities of our God given potentials but with the Divine Love we go way beyond this to becoming angelic beings fully transformed by Divine Love. There is much more to learn about the process and I hope that you will consider reading Padgett where many of these particulars are written down. God bless........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Oh, I have read much of the Padgett messages and I concur with you re the differences! I was mostly commenting on Geoff's point re finding others who might come to Divine Love with a foundation similar to mine. The two I mentioned are the ones I'm most familiar with. I only recently came across Rev Smith ... seems to me he would be a valuable resource for helping spread Divine Love if he came to understood this as well. :)
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

I am in agreement that some folks are into "there is nothing to do" but no orthodox Christian can be in that box. Because it means there was no need for Jesus to come here, and that he achieved nothing of importance other than being a teacher and a healer.

Beth,

You may like to cast your eye over this, which came out of the Catholic Church:

The Keys to Thy Kingdom

hugs
Geoff
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Ha ha Geoff ... already ahead of you. :) I found your link to it on your Richard Rohr thread and have already read it. This may or may not surprise you, but I actually took a class in Kriya yoga a few years back before I found Christian mysticism! At this point, I'm thinking it turned out well that I didn't go far enough in that path to actually be initiated in Kriya.

However, during that time, I found the Assisi Institute, which blends Christianity and Kriya (http://www.assisi-institute.org). The founder of Assisi is a follower of Paramahansa Yogananda (who is mentioned multiple times in Keys to the Kingdom). Not quite the same specifics on Divine Love per se, but more in the right direction than traditional Christianity.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

BethM wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 pm This may or may not surprise you, but I actually took a class in Kriya yoga a few years back before I found Christian mysticism! At this point, I'm thinking it turned out well that I didn't go far enough in that path to actually be initiated in Kriya.
No it does not surprise me. I was also willing to try Kriya Yoga until I found I had to take Yogananda as my guru, and that I was not willing to do. Happy - delighted even - to have him as a guide, certainly, but my guru is the Master. I got a hold of their written teachings given to students to study and became quite disillusioned with it. Then I discovered the "final teaching" is secret, and you have to take an oath to keep it secret, and I was out of there. They have lost the spark he had, in my opinion. And Yogananda would have never had "secret" teachings.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you so much, Beth! I wish you could post some of these gems on our DLSF facebook page! And the music! Love it! :P Bless you, Hugs Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

There are connections and interconnections with truth wherever you go. Yogananda certainly came close, as did a number of folks who have experienced the inflow of the Divine Essence. Their interpretations often obscure the simple act of receiving this gift . Padgett and his contemporaries seem to be the only source of clear truth in regards to receiving God's Love. I hear what you are saying Beth in terms of how these truths intersect through other's teachings and experiences. Maybe we should do a presentation at a conference on Christian Mysticism if there is such a thing. Our story is certainly compelling and fits right into this kind of agenda.
Have you read Yogananda's message about his travels in the spirit world posted on the DLSF website ? It relates to the issue of discerning truth and one's journey towards it. Thanks Beth for keeping the conversation going. Much love to you......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am Padgett and his contemporaries seem to be the only source of clear truth in regards to receiving God's Love.
No not ONLY. Certainly by a very big margin, the best. But read these, they are pure gold:
3:4.6 (50.4) Mortal man cannot possibly know the infinitude of the heavenly Father. Finite mind cannot think through such an absolute truth or fact. But this same finite human being can actually feel - literally experience - the full and undiminished impact of such an infinite Father’s LOVE. Such a love can be truly experienced, albeit while quality of experience is unlimited, quantity of such an experience is strictly limited by the human capacity for spiritual receptivity and by the associated capacity to love the Father in return.
and
1:7.2 (31.2) Man does not achieve union with God as a drop of water might find unity with the ocean. Man attains divine union by progressive reciprocal spiritual communion, by personality intercourse with the personal God, by increasingly attaining the divine nature through wholehearted and intelligent conformity to the divine will. Such a sublime relationship can exist only between personalities.
and
188:5.2 (2018.1) Divine love does not merely forgive wrongs; it absorbs and actually destroys them. The forgiveness of love utterly transcends the forgiveness of mercy. Mercy sets the guilt of evil-doing to one side; but love destroys forever the sin and all weakness resulting therefrom.
Where are these from? The Urantia Book.

hugs
Geoff
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

I wonder if the SAND (Science & Nonduality) folks would be interested in hearing about the Padgett messages? Their next conference is in October in San Jose, CA: https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/sa ... sentation/
Abstracts are invited on any aspect related to science and nonduality and can include, but are not limited to: philosophy, cosmology, phenomenology, physics, mathematics, neuroscience, spiritual traditions, psychology, cultural context, altered states, the creative arts, etc.

This year’s theme for SAND19 US (Oct. 24th-27th, 2018) is “From Quarks to Love: Relationships at Every Scale” – an exploration of our relational nature through the lenses of science and spirituality. We will explore and integrate our human knowledge and experience around the theme of relationships. We will inquire into the many scales of relationship we are part of, from microbes and bacteria to mushrooms and trees, to people and families, to galaxies and black holes.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Yeah but we preach duality exists until rebirth has occurred. And that if rebirth does not take place, we are seperate from God.

hugs
Geoff