Lulu and rules

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Lulu and rules

Post by Geoff »

I have withdraw from sale both my "Judas of Kerioth" hard back and paperback. Partly this was forced on me and partly lack of response to my specific questions of Lulu caused me to withdraw both.

What happened is that internally on Lulu my paperback version was called "Judas of Kerioth paperback". The hardcover which came out first was called "Judas of Kerioth"

Somewhere in the world a printer who printed the paperback lodged a formal complaint that the paperback version has when printed only the title "Judas of Kerioth." So it was automatically withdrawn by Lulu. They would have been happy had I changed the book cover and inside to include the word "paperback" but thats just silly. Now once a book is in distribution, its title cannot be changed, so I had to withdraw that book completely, get a new ISBN and put out in effect a new version of paperback called "Judas of Kerioth." But the whole reason I initially did this is that when looking at my "projects" on lulu its very confusing which one is which, and only the price or an image of the book will tell you. But their software shows neither on the list of projects. So I also withdrew the hard cover. I did try to change the hardcover to a softcover but that too is locked at distribution.

Not a big loss really, but it means all links to my Judas books on the web from other sites now fail, and it will be at least a month before Amazon gets the "new" book.

I have a feeling I have done this on another series. Sigh. And I will have to make sure Jeanne does not want to change book titles on the DV series when they are released!!! Hey Jeannie Beannie.

I had another five books with the same problem, and I have made them all "private access".

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Lulu and rules

Post by AlFike »

Maybe this is a good time to separate the two themes in the book in order to make two books? I could bring my notes with me to Oz. What say you? ......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

too late bro. i have republished. I have given up on your project. :o

Geoff
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

Just to be clear, we should hold off recommending this book for at least a month? I we going to recommend to my niece.

thanks,
Karen
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Keren,

No just make sure you tell them to buy on Lulu because its a) cheaper and b) available here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/anonymous/juda ... 58667.html

Can you tell me what price it shows for you. Because I think its Aussie dollars for me. US$30.52 is the minimum they will let me charge. And thats AUS$40 plus.

hugs
Geoff
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

The price is $30.52.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Karen,

Great you are seeing US$ prices and its what I had to set it at - the lowest that Lulu will allow. Its $45.91 to me, but does not tell me what currency. But it is Australian Dollars.

hugs
Geoff