Diet and Exercise

This forum is for all other topics
Brooke
Family

Diet and Exercise

Post by Brooke »

In my pondering hour before rising this morning, diet came into pondering. A search here and on New-Birth.net reveals little about the subject. From what I included in this post from Luke, the cells indicate what they want. Ice Cream has always been a best friend and of late, salted pretzels or potato chips seem to be a desire for a pre-bedtime snack. Should I thank my cells on my cravings behalf or should I chastise them for teasing my desires?

Diet and Spirituality
July 11th, 2014.

Spirit: Luke.
Medium James Reid.

It's interesting how often people will tell you that to be a truly spiritual person you better be a vegetarian, or even a vegan, or a raw vegan. And in 100 years of communication from advanced celestials, they have never commented on this, and no one has thought to ask. Till a few days ago. This is a very short extract of an amazing bit of guidance for a young man with extreme heath issues. Its not appropriate to share any of that, but this short bit is relevant to all of us: Luke (The apostle) had this to say:

From a dietary perspective, it seems that his chosen regime of vegan eating is satisfactory and can meet his needs with attention to adequate protein and mineral intake. There is no spiritual need to continue with a rigid dietary regime if one's desires seem to be indicating that intake of some foods outside that regime is indicated. Rigidly following any such process is a personal choice and not necessary for spiritual reasons.

Later in the same communication Luke commented that WE should not be directing our bodies how to behave. They know how to behave, and its far better that we listen to what our cells want and need. And facilitate that.

I thought it to be a fun and hopefully healthy topic for comment. Isn't it amazing that my cells are not suggesting my pre-bedtime snacks at this hour for breakfast?
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Diet and Exercise

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Brooke. This is a topic that elicits many opinions from all who are concerned. I've been chastised by others for eating meat and they say that I would benefit both physically and spiritually if I became a vegetarian. Unfortunately I am a confirmed carnivore and do not see any time soon where this will change. Does this decision affect my mediumship? IMHO no, but being in good health certainly effects everything. Moderation in all things is the golden rule of diet in my opinion. Having met you Brooke, I would say that we each have the challenge of reducing the dreaded paunch which comes as we grow older. I am not so vain as to want a 'buff' body these days. That time of seeking looks from admirers is long gone. My somewhat hefty body serves me well enough to not be frightened of being too overweight. But I'm on the edge of obesity and a few more pounds would certainly give me that rotund look that is so common with North Americans of my age. OK, lets be honest, I am one of those people :oops: . I'm comfortable with how I am physically but there is always room for improvement. I love food, I love life which includes food 8-) and until I find a way of diverting my enjoyments elsewhere, I think that I will be one of the portly many. More prayers for Divine Love may get me there in time but I believe that soul expiation is the priority over reduction of the flesh. Its a dilemma my friend which is obviously solved but not easily adopted. I'm sure that Geoff will chime in here with sage but not well received advice. God bless you Brooke. You are my brother in more ways than one ;) :lol: and I love you because of it.........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm I'm sure that Geoff will chime in here with sage but not well received advice.
Sigh. There is really nothing to say to you bro. I wish your self-control was greater. I wish that for you. I too love food. Just as much as you. Its not the love of food my bro. I had a WONDERFUL meal with Paula Reid last night in Neutral Bay. She had a Thai recommendation, and it offered "tapas" dining. Never had that with Thai. We shared FIVE dishes. Yummy yum yum. Several dishes I had never had in a Thai restaurant, like a pork sausage dish. But probably too much chilli for Al.

She is looking good and this is the first of her trips from home since James died, nearly 2 years ago.

As regards my own diet, without actually trying I am eating almost no beef. Still having lamb, but its mostly seafood now. No great desire for beef any more. It will be interesting to see what if any impact Jimbeau's diet will have on me. But it may prove counter-productive, because frankly dishes without eggs, any fat at all, ultra low salt, and a total absence of fish, chicken or meat are likely to be very boring. Still we will see. I did locate a recipe book that is "low fat" but it breaks Jimbeau's diet everywhere. And these dishes look superb. So I think a "low fat" is ok, but a "zero fat and "zero salt" is very very restrictive. And I have to agree Al, I would not eat food that i dont like for any extended period of time.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Brooke,

When we were in Hawaii in March, there was a great discussion in this forum about food choices. Seretta Kem channelled a message through Al but both of us have tried and tried to copy it here, but we keep getting the dreaded 403 - Error response. I will email the message to you. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I will forward it to you as well. Cheers, Jeanne (Just had fresh lettuce/ salad from the garden; pasta and pesto ,steamed carrots and crab cakes for dinner! Yummy!!) :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

All your replies tickle me to the bone. Well, to the fat.

Al, we are not too out of shape. You look fitter than I feel. I get my little bit of exercise but bike riding does nothing but builds some leg muscles in my observation. The paunch does impede the shoestring labor and loafer style makes more sense anyhow.

Geoff, Jimbeau's specialty diet surely couldn't give me the comfort nutrition to survive Pennsylvania winters.

The awakening diet curiosities were sparked by the volumes of reading I've been doing for those who are being encouraged to increase chlorophyll, calcium and I forget the third, for special potentials of the near future.

Because of your DL longtime status (all you DL celebrities) and not much has been given in the way of Celestial Message regarding the subject, I'll let my cells to the talking of what they need. Right now I hear them squeaking something about pretzels again.

Jeanne, thanks for the send that you mentioned.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Brooke wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 pm
Jeanne, thanks for the send that you mentioned.
Its on this forum. LOL

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1527&p=13091&hilit=diet#p13091

Posted here by Jeanne. Sigh, the losses of the human brain as age advances. Some show it more than others it seems. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hugs
Geoff
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Greetings all ...

I will return to write more later (if that comes - haha).

I don't feel that I have the vocabulary to keep up with all of you, but I have experience and age on my side. Some of you know that I was diagnosed with "pre-diabetes" one year ago. I weighed about 210 lbs, had a waist that looks especially horrible on tall guys. Though I had several of my siblings with diabetes, I knew next to nothing about it. So, being the reader that I am, I went to work at our local public library checking out and reading books. I experimented a great deal with various diets suggested for those with diabetes.

Long story short. I had a revisit with the doctor scheduled for 6 months after the initial diagnoses. The only instructions he gave me was "cut down on your sugars and carbohydrates and see me in 6 months." When I saw the doc again in February (of this year) he was surprised and almost shocked: I had lost 60 pounds and there was no sign whatsoever in my blood work of "pre-diabtes." He asked what did I do? I reviewed my diet changes. BUT, he was concerned that I seemed to continue to lose weight. I am now at 160 ponds, 70 pounds lost in 10 months. I will see the doc again in August to help me discover why I am so thin. Age probably kicks in here somewhere.

I don't recommend diets to anyone. Figure it is a personal thing. And I have found no connection whatsoever with my spiritual connection with Celestials. If anything, lately I have NOT felt very well connected to spirit. Again, this might be an age thing with me and certain "attitudes".
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I'm relieved Brooke that I did not offend you with my off the cuff comments regarding our weight. Some people are very sensitive towards these issues but I sensed that you are a tolerant guy so I had fun lampooning us both. 8-) . Yes Geoff, I think that your relationship with both Jeanne and I is a contrast of some admiration interspersed with many sighs :? . The agony and the ecstasy eh bro. Joseph, congratulations on beating the odds and losing so much weight and averting the type 2 diabetes. I have not been so disciplined and am on medication. I stand at the weight that you originally quoted and I'm a lot shorter. I am feeling very well though and try to avoid the sugar and fat, but I certainly can do better. Our earthly diets and habits are a powerful draw on our actions. I can pray with the best of'em but when it comes to physical discipline, I am no Geoff or Jimbeau. I will be spending some time with both of them in Sydney come November so I'm sure that they will beat the fat out of me. Combination holiday and fat farm. I'm sure that this was arranged from on high. :roll: . May God bless us all with more strength and discipline to overcome our temptations. Much love....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello everyone,

I have been interested in healthy living/eating and natural health for most of my adult life and am grateful to say that it has very much paid off for my husband and me. So based on that knowledge and experience, I feel somewhat qualified to chime into this discussion.

I believe it is important to watch what we put into our bodies, because food is fuel for our bodies. If we put bad fuel into our car, it will sputter or stop. In the same way, unhealthy food will make our bodies not function as well as they could, making us experience all kinds of minor to major symptoms and health issues. Feeling below par will inevitably affect us spiritually.

The two overarching outcomes that occur with unhealthy diet and cause unpleasant symptoms and disease are toxicity and inflammation. These can be counteracted and reduced by eating health-promoting foods, which in turn will result in feeling better in both body, mind, emotions, and by extension, at soul level.

There has been a long discussion on this forum about foods, vegetarianism, etc. and even a message given, so I won't repeat those insights (Geoff gave a link to the message and post above). In my reading, however, I recently came across an MD who specializes in "Functional Medicine" -- dealing with and removing the causes of symptoms rather than just eliminating the symptoms with drugs, that often introduce other, equally unpleasant symptoms. His name is Dr. Mark Hyman and he has written quite a few thought-provoking books on health and diet. His "in a nutshell" thinking is in this article: http://www.anewdayanewme.com/dr-mark-hy ... -medicine/. If you want to find more, just Google his name. Of course, there are many others with similar approach and philosophy.

Love,
Eva
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Food! Ah I love it! :D Eva, you and I travel along many of the same internet sites. I knew I liked you, hehe! ;) Health is another one of my interests and actually part of my career. So I have to chime in on one thing that was mentioned...the dreaded fats! Good fats (the kinds found in fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, even real butter) is very important for your body, especially your brain. This is something I would not advise eliminating from a diet. Bad fats (found in all kinds of processed and/or fried foods) I'd try to limit. Here's what I try to live by and what I'd promote to others, should they be looking for food advice...

1. Limit sugar
2. Limit processed food (crackers, cereals, breads, cakes, cookies, the tasty stuff, ha)
3. Eat more whole foods (fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, etc)
4. Stop drinking pop (some areas of the world refer to them as soda)--if this is tough, a good alternative buy soda water and add fresh lime or lemon to it. They also make these types of drinks premade in certain stores, just watch out for added sugar. If you have to have the sugar, add a little agave nectar or honey to your drink
5. Drink more water
6. 80/20 rule: try to eat well 80% of the time and treat yourself with something bad and yummy 20% :P

Everyone is different, but the above list is a pretty good general rule for all people, should they be looking to change up their diet.

Brooke if I may add one more thing to something you mentioned...our bodies are amazing at communicating with us. Sometimes they give us cravings for a good food we physically need. Other times they signal to us that there is a more subtle need that is unfilled. Many of us fill that need with food, however sometimes it's a need more on the etheric level, like an emotional need or even a spiritual need. This happens to me as well. Sometimes I just fill the need with junk. :? When I'm good, I make a conscious effort to ask myself if my body really needs this, or do I just need to feel a little excitement or love or whatever.

May we all treat our bodies with love and respect, filling it up spiritually first and loving it physically as best we can. :)