How do you pray?

This forum is for all other topics
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: How do you pray?

Post by AlFike »

Yes, Geoff, this could happen any time. Your soul knows no bounds, its just the mind that holds us back. Glad that you indeed had a soul experience and I hope that more will come. Des, I think that these heartfelt and intense expressions towards God, no matter how full of angst and anger, are authentic communications and I have no doubt that God has no judgement of the words or contents. I think that He is glad that you are communicating and in actuality is an act of faith. He will no doubt send an angel to help uplift and neutralize the darkness. Seems to have worked in your case Des ;) .
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Re: How do you pray?

Post by Eva »

Hello everyone,

I have just caught up on this thread and appreciated everyone's insightful responses to Jesper's question and sharing your experiences. I agree with Des that prayer is a personal thing between us and our Father, and there is no right or wrong way to pray.

I have built a prayer habit/discipline since my first church experience in my teen years (I was an atheist before that). This has consisted of about half an hour in the morning before getting into the day and about the same time at night. As someone in this thread mentioned (Jeanne or Al, I think), it starts my day off on the right foot. Since learning more specifically and accurately about the Divine Love about four and a half years ago, (I had understood it since quite early on my spiritual journey, but more in terms of the Holy Spirit), I also pray and ask for the Love in spare moments -- while waiting or when not engaged in something that needs concentration.

Sometimes I pray in bed before getting up, sometimes sitting on a chair looking out the window at the sky and trees, sometimes sitting in the backyard, and sometimes on nature walks. I pray silently, sometimes in my thoughts, sometimes just being with God and expressing gratitude. I find getting out into nature the most inspiring -- the natural beauty really speaks to me of the Love of the Creator and our Heavenly Father. Getting out and praying also helps me if I am feeling frustrated or upset.

I pray with others over Skype or Zoom twice a week. I believe that prayer and fellowship with others is very important. This forum is a great opportunity to share thoughts, insights and experiences, ask questions, pray for one another and encourage one another.

Love to you all,
Eva