Food question

This forum is for all other topics
arie2012
Family

Re: Food question

Post by arie2012 »

PlenaryGrace wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 pm Not so much that it speeds my spiritual advancement. Rather that my spiritual growth led me to this place.
Yes, that's exactly how I came to my decision. There just wasn't any way around it anymore for me..

Love
Arie
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Dear Family,

Arie and I are in accord. Same choice for the same reason.

I will add a bit more about my decision, which was a surprise to me. For those who might wish to know.

I am fully aware that I cannot eliminate the "cruelty footprint" on this planet. I can only do my part. That was my intention in going vegan: to reduce the cruelty footprint. For the animals, for the planet, and for my body. That said, I never intended to be a strict vegan. I thought I would not purchase animal products. However, were I a guest in someone else's home, I originally planned to eat what they served; and, if faced with a buffet, I believed that whatever small portion of meat I might select would make no difference. That was my original plan.

That, however, was not my experience. Once I went vegan, my consciousness changed. I began to instinctively sense that aggression I witnessed (such as in traffic, for example) might be linked to meat eating. Of course, I have ZERO EVIDENCE for this, and I do NOT CLAIM even the opinion...still...that thought had never once crossed my mind before I personally stopped consuming animal products. Something changed.

More notably, one I night, I just threw in the towel and went for a steak. Mind you, I had no problems doing so - from my conscience. One steak. No big deal. I did not feel guilty. I ENJOYED that steak!!! That night, however, I had a horrific nightmare. I will not share it, for it was toooo horrible. There were no animals in my dream. My dream had nothing whatever to do with animals. Instead, what happens to cows, happened to ME...and my own offspring...and others...!!! In my dream. I experienced it. I can assure you again, this was not on my mind. I believe, rather than conSCIENCE, it was the conSCIOUSNESS of the energetic signature of the animal I had consumed. Again, something had changed, in me.

I'm a slow learner, or, perhaps I wanted to test the theory??? So...another time...I had pork. Guess what??? I was suffocated in my sleep that night!!! (In a dream.) Guess what I learned *after* that??? Pigs are suffocated (much easier than what happened to the cows, BTW). Lastly, 'cause I'm clearly a glutton for punishment, I tried seafood. That nightmare was OFFAL. Literally (look up that word if you don't know it). Disgusting. I'm never going there again.

The only "cheat" I seem to be able to get away with, without having a resultant nightmare, is a small portion of cheese. It merely gives me asthmatic symptoms. At least it doesn't result in nightmares. Something's changed.

Lastly, I stopped eating chicken many years ago due to a single photograph I saw in a book. That covers cow, pig, fish, and chicken. 'nough said.

I ask that anyone who is offended by what I have written here to please be kind. I am not trying to convince anyone. Food consumption is a personal choice. I respect that. Without judgment. These are my experiences, only, yet they are CLEAR and came as a COMPLETE SURPRISE to me!

I do feel purified. My Truth.

For what it's worth.

Much Love,

Catherine
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

nancy_virtuous wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm You need red meat to balance your nutritional diet.
With all due respect: that statement has no factual basis. The only supplement vegans need is vitamin B12. All else can be found in a plant based diet. Am I therefore "dependent" on B12-supplements? Probably yes. But for me that's better than being dependent on animal agriculture and having to kill and eat my fellow earthlings ;)

And believe me, being vegan makes you feel really healthy and happy 😉!
Last edited by arie2012 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

But let's not make a nutrition-discussion out of this thread. There are many other places where one can discuss the pros and cons of a vegetarian/vegan diet and all the details involved ;)

This forum should rather be a place where we discuss to what extent our "spirituality" affects our way of living and share our thoughts and experiences. And they again and again appear to be very personal and very different: some people reach a point in their personal development where they cannot eat animals any longer, some people don't.. God is always loving and patient with us, as we are always His children, whatever way we decide. On the other hand we live in crucial times with major global problems and every single person on this planet carries a certain personal responsibility. I think anyone considering himself to be "spiritually aware" (whatever that is) should at least consider certain questions thoroughly.
PlenaryGrace wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:31 am I ask that anyone who is offended by what I have written here to please be kind. I am not trying to convince anyone. Food consumption is a personal choice. I respect that. Without judgment. These are my experiences, only, yet they are CLEAR and came as a COMPLETE SURPRISE to me!
I do feel purified. My Truth.
For what it's worth.
Much Love,
Catherine
My thoughts. Thanks Catherine!

Love
Arie
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Nancy virtuous was a known spammer who I allowed until he or she lied to me in explaining how it was they have been banned on at least five forums. Although I don't often delete all posts I did so this time.

Hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thank you, Geoff! Thank you, Arie!

Hugs,

Catherine
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello everyone,

I resonate with this discussion and am near vegan/vegetarian myself -- not total, but close. I have been on this path for many years, in fact decades, as well as trying to eat as healthily as possible in other ways, and it has been working for me. I believe that what we eat affects us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It can be compared to running your car on inferior fuel -- it will sputter, if not stop. In the same way, certain meats, e.g. pork and seafood, are like dirty fuel in our bodies -- literally in that they are scavengers or cleaners of their environment and therefore in eating them, we ingest the toxins and other pollution they absorb in doing their nature-intended job.

I also identify with Arie and Catherine about doing what we can for the benefit of our planet and other living beings and not ingesting the energetic imprint of trauma experienced by cruelly mistreated animals before they get to our table. Interestingly, people of certain religious persuasions -- Jewish, Muslim, and some Christian -- avoid pork and seafood based on instruction in their scriptures. The SDAs put a big emphasis on healthful living and many are vegetarians if not vegans. They have been studied as a group some years ago over a period of time, and it was found that there was a significant statistical difference in their health and longevity compared to the general population.

Another interesting thing is that the Bible mentions that the first humans before the Fall were given plant foods -- meat eating is not mentioned till after they sinned, and even then only certain meats called "clean", which excluded pork and seafood.
Gen 1:29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

This correlates with what the messages say about the spirits, so it could well be true.

Another thing is that eating meat is basically eating dead food, whereas eating vegetables, nuts and fruit, we get the nutrients they contain first hand. A further consideration is that in the past, meat was not a staple food -- it was for special occasions, maybe Sundays or times of celebration. So most people who eat meat daily or even several servings a day are probably eating too much of it and this could well be the cause of many of the ailments and diseases that are rampant. A point about dairy is that no adult animals naturally drink milk, much less that of another species. Milk is intended for young animals and babies, but the dairy and meat industries are trying to convince us left, right and center that we need it -- for their own profit.

Anyway, just some thoughts, and as Catherine said, hopefully I am not offending anyone, and I certainly respect everyone's personal decisions.

Love,
Eva
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Geoff wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 am Nancy virtuous was a known spammer who I allowed until he or she lied to me in explaining how it was they have been banned on at least five forums. Although I don't often delete all posts I did so this time.

Hugs
Geoff
Pff..all that wasted energy..

But thanks, Geoff!
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Gen 1:29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
I have come to believe through Messages written by Aman, Helen, and the quote above, that humans were not originally intended to eat animals.

I also completely second this quote:
A point about dairy is that no adult animals naturally drink milk, much less that of another species. Milk is intended for young animals and babies, but the dairy and meat industries are trying to convince us left, right and center that we need it -- for their own profit.
I know this is a challenging topic, and I don't want to be in anybody's face about it. At the same time, Susan raised the question and I believe she did so because she is being guided. I do think this is a worthy spiritual topic, as there is some truth in the idea that, "...you are what you eat."

At the same time, I noticed the lack of mention about this in the Messages, which is to say that the ones I have read are 100% absent any instruction or suggestion to JP that he not eat meat. Rather, we are told to pray for Divine Love with a deep and sincere longing at the soul level. Clearly that is what is most important.

Still, I cannot help but notice that as I have progressed spiritually, this change has come about in me. I suspect a correlation.

Eva, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Much Love to All,
Catherine
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Thanks again friends! In case any of my vegan or vegetarian friends here are looking for a way to get more B vitamins and extra healthy protein, there is a great whole food green protein powder I mix with juice from the brand Warrior Force (sometimes I find it called Health Force). I use a product called Elite Green Protein that's made up of things like spirulina and chlorella, among other healthy foods. I'd attach a pic but I don't think this site lets me. You can read further about it online. I have no affiliation to this product, just promoting a great one filled with B-12 to my non meat eating friends. :) Or if my fellow meat eaters are looking for a way to add some super healthy whole foods to their diet that provide some necessary detoxing and nutrients, it's a great thing for you to use as well!

In all this discussion, as Catherine reminded, it's always most important to keep praying for guidance from The Father and for more divine love to enter our souls. The rest will follow :D