Food question

This forum is for all other topics
Susan
Family

Food question

Post by Susan »

Hi guys! I've been questioning eating meat lately and was wondering if there are messages that discuss this topic. My reason for this question is related to whether or not it's good for spiritual growth to eliminate it. My question has nothing to do with physical nutritional health, as I feel I am well rounded with knowledge in that realm. I've almost finished a book from Geoff's website that talked about how the spirits do eat, but not meat. There's a part of me that is considering getting rid of meat from my diet, but then I think, Jesus ate fish (at least according to the bible). Anyway, I'd love to hear some thoughts as it relates to spiritual growth and doing what god would desire. Thanks! :)
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Food question

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello Susan,

I pondered this question, too, and read the Messages carefully where food was mentioned. I feel certain JP was a meat eater, because virtually everyone was during those years. I did not see the Spirits admonish him for it. Once, when he was treated for a digestive disorder (by his Indian Guide) he was told to eat lightly, at first. Helen mentions that they eat only fruit and nuts in the spheres where she was at that time, and drank only water. She said they did not eat cakes and potatoes, etc.

Aman mentioned that he and Amon were originally satisfied with spiritual food, before their disobedience caused them to fall. After that they had to toil for their food. One *might* surmise from that that humans were not originally designed to eat other than the fruits of trees, etc., or, possibly did not even need food (such as they do not on the Other Side).

However, for me, I decided that none of that mattered anyway, because now the truth is that animals in the U.S. are horribly mistreated during all types of farming, even dairy and eggs, which do not cause the animals immediate death (though shorter lives). Even fish farms most often have fish swimming in filth. Everything has an energetic signature. I do not want to be a party to the mistreatment of any living creature, nor do I want to ingest the consciousness of their terror. I went Vegan two years ago and I LOVE IT! It's a tad tedious when traveling with non-vegans, because one might feel like a PITA for everyone else, but, otherwise...not a problem!

I highly recommend it and do feel it is spiritually beneficial. I am not ingesting the consciousness of tortured animals. Feels GREAT!

Lastly, I would not put this on anyone, but, you did ask...

Much Love,

Catherine
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Susan and Catherine,

What Jesus did say is what comes out your mouth is more important than what goes in. But that said good nutrition is important. And I doubt he foresaw the heavily processed foods consumed in the USA as an example.

But for a small group of us, we were advised last year to lighten our diet. Bear in mind that we have been on and are still on an intensive path, and we have been told to limit red meats if we can't eliminate them - as in are unwilling to eliminate them.

So I would say as you climb the levels, it becomes an issue.

Spirits do not have tummies so they don't actually eat at all, but they sort of inhale fruit and nuts.

Hugs
Geoff
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

I'm very much with Catherine on this, sharing the same experiences.

Moreover I don't think that famous Quotation from Jesus has anything to do with Food:

"But once again, Jesus compares teachings with yeast or with food. People understood this.

In another part of the New Testament you can read:

“It is not what goes into a man’s mouth that makes him common or unclean. It is what comes out of a man’s mouth that makes him unclean. “Don’t you see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and then out of the body altogether? But the things that come out of a man’s mouth come from his heart and mind, and it is they that really make a man unclean.”

Also here, food is the symbol for doctrines. By the way, this verse is not about consuming pork and shrimp, or about pure or impure food. This had never been a topic of discussion. It is about teachings."

https://new-birth.net/contemporary-mess ... -apr-2002/
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Geoff wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:02 pm
But for a small group of us, we were advised last year to lighten our diet. Bear in mind that we have been on and are still on an intensive path, and we have been told to limit red meats if we can't eliminate them - as in are unwilling to eliminate them.

So I would say as you climb the levels, it becomes an issue.

Thank you Geoff! That is very helpful in pondering my decision. I wonder why they singled out red meat and not something like chicken. Lower density food perhaps?
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

PlenaryGrace wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

However, for me, I decided that none of that mattered anyway, because now the truth is that animals in the U.S. are horribly mistreated during all types of farming, even dairy and eggs, which do not cause the animals immediate death (though shorter lives). Even fish farms most often have fish swimming in filth. Everything has an energetic signature. I do not want to be a party to the mistreatment of any living creature, nor do I want to ingest the consciousness of their terror. I went Vegan two years ago and I LOVE IT! It's a tad tedious when traveling with non-vegans, because one might feel like a PITA for everyone else, but, otherwise...not a problem!
Thank you so much for your input Catherine and Arie! It's nice to know I'm not the only one in our community who has pondered these issues. :-) Catherine, the state of the animals is one of the things that is making me consider changing some of my eating habits. In general, I want to grow spiritually and I'm wondering if eliminating meat (or at least some meat) would be beneficial in helping me progress faster. Obviously praying for the divine love is what's most important, but I also want to be used to my fullest potential in this life, according to the gifts god has blessed me with and his desired outcomes in my life. I'm assuming that could mean changing some habits. It's also interesting that I had been questioning meat in my diet and then started reading Wanderer, a book on Geoff's website. One of the topics that is brought up in that book is what they eat (or don't eat) in the spirit world. It's an interesting synchronicity. Sidenote, Geoff I want to thank you so much for all the awesome work you've put into that website! WOW! What a wealth of information! Anyway, lots of things to ponder! I really appreciate your input on this topic friends! :D
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

arie2012 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 am

Also here, food is the symbol for doctrines. By the way, this verse is not about consuming pork and shrimp, or about pure or impure food. This had never been a topic of discussion. It is about teachings."

https://new-birth.net/contemporary-mess ... -apr-2002/
Dear Arie,

What you can read from what Judas has said is exactly my point. If Jesus never bothered to talk about food it's simply not that important spiritually. But we do live in different times, and if some foods are poisoned that should be a concern - such as high levels of mercury in some large fish, and the issues of antibiotics applied to animals etc.

I accept the issues (problems) of maltreated animals and such issues which need to be resolved in our world. I pay $1 per egg to get genuine free range eggs as an example.

Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Susan,

I have found that prayer is my guide in all things. In my experience, God is gentle and does not ask me to make drastic changes quickly. That said, I have been steadily guided to where I am today and I do feel that eating a vegan diet is spiritually beneficial. Not so much that it speeds my spiritual advancement. Rather that my spiritual growth led me to this place. It's a chicken and egg question (haha, bad joke, I know!).

Love,

Catherine
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

PlenaryGrace wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 pm Susan,

I have found that prayer is my guide in all things. In my experience, God is gentle and does not ask me to make drastic changes quickly. That said, I have been steadily guided to where I am today and I do feel that eating a vegan diet is spiritually beneficial. Not so much that it speeds my spiritual advancement. Rather that my spiritual growth led me to this place. It's a chicken and egg question (haha, bad joke, I know!).

Love,

Catherine
Haha! Love it! :D
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Geoff wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:36 pmBut we do live in different times, and if some foods are poisoned that should be a concern - such as high levels of mercury in some large fish, and the issues of antibiotics applied to animals etc.
Exactly, quite different times. Jesus would have lots to say about our way of eating in the western world nowadays, but it's a matter of personal spiritual development or moral decision whether one decides to make a change in one's life or not. So far the Angels have hardly ever really given us concrete instructions about our way of life. We have our own responsibility for that. Moreover I don't think it is very likely that a message about not eating animals would manage to get through an animal-eating medium.. ;)

So yes, different times and different issues that have urged me to make my personal decisions. The thing I like to stress is that it's much, much more than a health issue. Indeed, the quality of our food has become very doubtful, but it's much more a moral issue. We are destroying Mother Earth with our massive animal agriculture, that's a fact. And even if this is part of the bigger earth changes that will happen anyhow, I feel the need to do everything I can to contribute to a healthier planet, which I love so much.

So everybody should just make up his mind and check his consciousness. For me trying to be "spiritual" or trying to reach a higher level of Love in my life is no longer compatible with eating animals.

Love
Arie