Prayer/meditation question

This forum is for all other topics
Susan
Family

Prayer/meditation question

Post by Susan »

Hi guys! Im wondering how important meditation is to everyone. Is it a separate entity for you than prayer? I pray often, but technically don't meditate on a daily basis these days. I'm wondering if I should "up my game" in that department. Thoughts? What have your experiences in growth been with/without meditation? Thanks!
Jane
Family

Re: Prayer/meditation question

Post by Jane »

Hi Susan,

I tend to combine the two in one session. However, I've been finding that I do more praying than meditating and that a bit more meditation would be beneficial to get me out of my mind and into soul consciousness. I see it like praying is the talking part (and talking actively involves thinking) and meditation is the listening part. God is my therapist :lol: There is a balance to be found for sure. The answers come when we listen. As far as prayers for other people/ situations/ the world go, I am thinking that some of the time it takes to list or express all these things could be better used by just offering to be a channel for the healing/help/ blessings to go where most needed (or to the names/ situations already put in one's "blessing bowl").

Lots of love,

Jane
With God, anything is possible
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Well said Jane. I certainly agree, and meditation is a big part of my prayer time. Now it is not that form of meditation where my mind is still and completely flushed out of all thoughts. It is more as Jane says, a time of listening and contemplating. I'm not sure how long you pray every day Susan but I think at least half an hour every day can achieve this state of listening and openness. Having a prayer without this is like a kiss without a squeeze . The joy and peace is lost in prayerful communion when a prayer and intention is fired off to the Creator and you are done with it. I recommend taking time to savor your time with God and to focus your soul heavenward feeling the soul longings and desire.. Its the best part of my day and Jeanne and I play some soft uplifting music and sit in prayer for an hour every morning. Of course we have a very different life than yours or Jane's and can take time without interruption. Taking that time for your soul will enhance everything else in positive ways. Maybe this is what you already do Susan but think that you need to do it differently. Prayer requires consistency, practice and patience. In time the routine settles in quite nicely. Thanks for asking this question because I think that many have the same concerns. Much love to you.....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Thank you both! :)
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hi Susan,
Good question, and great tips from Jane and Al.

I agree with Al that is important to have the discipline and routine to spend time with God daily -- ideally first thing in the day. For me, it starts the whole day on the right foot. I remember many years ago hearing someone say that "if you are too busy to pray, you are too busy!" I'd say it is true.

I also like to pray briefly for God's Love whenever I am not focusing on something -- e.g. while taking a break, waiting, or in other low-concentration moments. And I like to also take out time for prayer later in the day -- late afternoon or evening, in addition to the morning time.

My time with God is probably more prayer than meditation -- though I do include various kinds of meditation here and there -- perhaps more informally and spontaneously. One of my favorite ways is to pray in nature or looking out the window and enjoying and being inspired by God's creation.

Love,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Oh, dear Susan!
I do hope you will come and pray with us someday soon! The power of a small group of dedicated souls all praying for Divine Love and discussing spiritual things helps raise the vibration and conditions for all! For me there is no greater happiness! To experience The Divine! To rise above the earth conditions into God's Holy Presence! To be uplifted, to be washed in body, mind and spirit, of barriers that keep us from being at-one with God. Sometimes the conditions brought down to us in this harsh world is so blissful....I'd love to experience that together with you someday ! God Bless you, my friend! Love Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!