Curious thing

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Curious thing

Post by Geoff »

I recently decided to implement Google Analytics on all the web sites I manage, including this one. Its many years since I studied what words cause folks to arrive, and what page they land on. Imagine my surprise to find the single most popular page on my new-birth site is a page you probably have never seen - Bible Quotes from the Gospel of John.

I checked why, for those key words, my site is NUMBER one on Google. Wow. So I am now working hard on that page to encourage folks who never intended to read stuff like we have, to actually read something.

It was a lot of work to create these cross references, and I was never quite sure why I did them, but I certainly did not think I would get so many visitors that way. Although it makes sense people will search for stuff on the Bible. Now I hope just a few are intrigued enough to read on. Its hard to get any sort of Google top ranking, given there are so many competitive sites with high traffic volumes, except on terms few people would use. Like Padgett. Unless they are already intrigued.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Re: Curious thing

Post by jeanne »

Wow! Number one! Way to go, Geoff! Why am I NOT surprised! I'm sure you will put this analysis to best advantage! Amazing! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

this is wonderful, geoff. the implications are humungous.
love,
elizabeth
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Geoff,

I have some keyword tracking software, and I'd be happy to track your rankings of a couple dozen of your major keywords for you.

Just let me know.

Dennis
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Dennis,

The problem is that Google now encrypts keywords, and so over 75% of the keywords used are not available for any software to analyse. I can discover what page they land on however, but not "why".

hugs
Geoff