Mental Illness

This forum is for all other topics
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Mental Illness

Post by AlFike »

As we all know, GOD IS LOVE. In this there is always forgiveness and eventual absolution no matter the sins. Those who do not invoke God's Forgiveness and Love must work there way slowly through dark conditions without God's assistance and Loving Energies. Our work is to inspire all we meet to go to God for their healing and peace. So the route we take for healing, whether it is with the natural love or the Divine Love, will get us there eventually. Those who condemn themselves and see no way out of their pain will linger until they can move forward. Its the same here or in the world of spirit. God waits patiently for our willingness to go to Him to overcome our mental barriers. There are simple solutions to these dilemmas and people need to know this. The mind is indeed the barrier to this and mental illness is obviously sourced in the mind, although there are insights that internal chemistry does influence our mental state. Prayer can help here as well.Its getting to that place of trusting in the power of God's blessings that can be very difficult for a mind that is distorted but this is not impossible.

Mental illness is a very serious barrier to spiritual upliftment but I believe that even this can be overcome with spiritual interventions. Love and prayer can always help. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thank you, Al! I completely agree...

To illustrate your point:

I know of three people who suffered mental illness and were either completely cured or (at long last) responded to medical treatment. They all created well-ordered lives where once chaos and confusion reigned. The illnesses were: paranoid schizophrenia, bi-polor disorder with ADHD, and depression with situational anxiety. Those are all fairly serious. What changed? In each case, the suffering person turned to God and committed to living a spiritual life!!

Hallelujah, God is good!

I do hope to spread the Truth of these Messages...

Much Love to All,

Catherine
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

PlenaryGrace wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:53 pm Hi Geoff,

I did not mean absolution. I agree with your take on that, and the quote from Jesus makes it clear that no one is absolved from the law. They must come into harmony. I'm sure there is a better word for me to use than "compensation" but, I'm not sure what that word is. I was trying to echo what Jesus said: that it is somewhat easier to come into harmony for a person who sins "involuntarily" than for a person who sins voluntarily.
Dear Kate ,

Well "compensation" has a very specific meaning in DL circles. We even have a "Law of Compensation."

That page has all the messages on compensation. You can have "less" or "more" compensation, but error requires compensation EXCEPT if you pray for Divine Love and receive "enough." Because the Law of Divine Love is above the Law of Compensation, and removes from the soul the components that would cause compensation.

hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thanks, Geoff...I'm glad you brought that up, because I have a pet peeve about this.

I am aware of the Law of Compensation...and I find the use of the word in the Messages quite confusing. The dictionary definition of compensation is: The act or state of compensating, as by rewarding someone for service or by making up for someone's loss, damage, or injury by giving the injured party an appropriate benefit. So, my thought is that I'm hoping these poor souls who are born with mental illness (or other ailments), resulting from the "sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation," will be compensated by not having to suffer "to the last farthing" for being out of harmony with God's Laws, when their sins and errors originated with someone other than themselves.

I know that the Messages use the term Law of Compensation to refer to the suffering that souls go through as a result of their own memories of wrong doing, that eventually leads to repentance and, over a shorter or longer term, purification of their souls (on the natural love path). On the Divine Love path, this Law of Compensation does not come into play, because as the soul receives "enough" of God's Divine Love (through earnest prayer), that Love displaces the sin and error in that soul and the result is that the soul "forgets" their sins and errors (called forgiveness) and so the Law of Compensation then has nothing upon which to act.

But...to me...this is a very odd use of the word "compensation." I don't think God needs to be compensated for anything, nor does it make sense that a loving God would consider pain and suffering of His children to be "rewarding" or in any way to make up for loss, damage, or injury. To me it seems clear from the Messages that the purpose of suffering is to get a stubborn soul to AWAKEN and figure out how to get into harmony with love. So...I consider the use of the word compensation - in the context of the Messages - to be erroneous.

Perhaps the word "compensation" meant something different 100 years ago??? I can't quite wrap my head around it. Language changes continually. I just put it down to semantics, but, I use the word compensation as it is generally used today.

Love,

Cate
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

PlenaryGrace wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pm Thanks, Geoff...I'm glad you brought that up, because I have a pet peeve about this.

I am aware of the Law of Compensation...and I find the use of the word in the Messages quite confusing. The dictionary definition of compensation is: The act or state of compensating, as by rewarding someone for service or by making up for someone's loss, damage, or injury by giving the injured party an appropriate benefit. So, my thought is that I'm hoping these poor souls who are born with mental illness (or other ailments), resulting from the "sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation," will be compensated by not having to suffer "to the last farthing" for being out of harmony with God's Laws, when their sins and errors originated with someone other than themselves.
Dear Cate,

I think you have overlooked something quite big.

"The last farthing" depends absolutely on the situation. It depends firstly on intention, and thereafter all the extenuating circumstances come into play. So the "last farthing" might only be a few farthings.

What we can all be certain, is what befalls a spirit after death will be absolutely fair and specific to their personal situation. But I can add a nasty example. Many who died in the camps of the Holocaust continued to believe they were in the same situation post death. And so they continued to suffer. This also happens in the astral plane - where a spirit who lost a limb believes its still lost. The mind is responsible for some nasties after death.

I don't recall if you were ever a Catholic, but I was. The concept of a "mortal sin" is totally in error. Sins are not graduated into neat boxes that can be sized.
PlenaryGrace wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pmBut...to me...this is a very odd use of the word "compensation." I don't think God needs to be compensated for anything
Its the spirit making compensation - making right in other words. And sometimes that does include apologising directly to the individuals who were wronged.

hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

THANK YOU, dear brother, Geoff! :D That explanation makes so much sense! I really appreciate your clarification of this.

I'm going to re-read it frequently until it is permanently rooted in my soul.

You are right, I had indeed "...overlooked something quite big."

Hugs,

Cate