Good science books

This forum is for all other topics
danny001
New Friend

Good science books

Post by danny001 »

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but have been reading it for a while now. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend any good science books for spiritual people?

Thanks!

Dan
Geoff
Family

Re: Good science books

Post by Geoff »

Hi Danny,

Welcome. Well I can, but its a question of what you might mean by science. For example a book that proves mathematically that psi effects exist is called "Entangled Minds" by Dean Radin. I loved it, but I am ok with statistics.

Then there is another guy who wrote the Afterlife Experiments, - Gary Schwartz who was trying to prove mediumship can communicate facts unknown to the receiver. Again, it depends on what you are interested in.

Then there is an amazing YouTube on the ability of cats and dogs to interact with their owners, by a Cambridge fellow Rupert Sheldrake.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Welcome Danny. Nice to have you aboard. Maybe you can tell us a little about yourself in the welcome forum? I would be interested to know why you are asking for scientific books. Are you a scientist yourself? Its unusual for someone on this forum to have such a keen interest in science. We intuitive types seem to shy away from such things. Nice to have a different perspective though. I hope that you find what you are looking for my friend. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
TimJ
Happy Camper

Post by TimJ »

Hi Dan,

I greatly enjoy reading just about anything from Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake, as Geoff mentioned, but I don’t think they spend much time discussing spiritual matters. From what I gather, their great interest is the advance of science despite the entrenched dogmas it tends to carry.

Gary Schwartz is a good reference too, but I think his associate, Julie Beischel, who has put much time into investigating mental mediumship, is in some ways, more interesting to me.

There are fantastic older works too. I can recommend Oliver Lodge’s book “Raymond” or just about anything from William Crookes, who spent much time investigating physical mediumship. Neither are particularly “spiritual” examples, but both of these guys were highly regarded in their respective fields and put their reputations on the line to bring their observations into public light.

If you’re interested in learning more about science and its approach to the questions surrounding the unknown, particularly survival of consciousness, I can’t recommend skeptiko.com enough. Alex Tsakiris has recorded over 300 interviews with contemporary scientists and authors, covering a lot of ground. There’s plenty of reading there too.

It’s a great question and I love the topic, although I can’t think of any good examples of what I’d consider a good mixture of science and spirituality. There’s still quite a rift to be healed there. Perhaps if you shared some examples of the type of reading you enjoy, I could better understand what you’re looking for and avoid the shotgun approach. Regardless, I explore this often enough and there are many examples of scientists that have and/or are exploring related phenomena.

Hope this helps,
Tim
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum!

Your request is also of great interest to me!

Does anyone have any suggestions for books that illustrate the Power of Prayer? I have heard of research being done and would LOVE to have a bibliography to use in our workshops! Al and I were invited to facilitate a workshop on Spiritually and Healing at a university conference for counselling psychologists in Belgrade, Serbia! I would dearly love to quote some supporting research.

Have you heard of a psychologist working at a prison for the criminally insane in Hawaii? Apparently his success is world renown. Surprisingly he prayed for all the inmates simply by their criminal files and never actually met a single inmate in person! When he prayed for them, he asked for forgiveness for HIMSELF, by "owning" their crimes. He prayed over their case files and asked for forgiveness as if he, himself had committed each one of their heinous crimes! Apparently, almost all the inmates were released, with little recidivism. If our workshop in Serbia is confirmed for this September, I am going to have to scramble to find some research to back Al and I up on the power of prayer! :shock: Thanks if anyone has any suggestions! With fingers crossed, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jeanne,

Your hawaii stuff is called Ka Hana Pono and maybe also Hoʻoponopono. I never researched it closely, but the claim was made that all were healed, and the institution closed. The guy was Hawaiian psychologist, Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. A guy Dr. Joe Vitale made it famous I think in a book Zero Limits. What I did find is that some Hawaiin traditional healers did not entirely agree with the published "method".

I came across an experiment conducted scientifically with a bunch of guys in England being asked to heal a leaf that they were shown by image which was in the US. They monitored the time that it took, and I cant recall how, but there was another complication involving I think a second leaf. Anyway those remote healers were able to do so, the energy was measured on the leaf, and it happened instantaneously - faster than light. But I doubt you could find that source, I do not have it any longer. But it would be a good one.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks Geoff!
Yes, Dr. Hew Len. I wonder if he's still alive!
With gratitude, Jeanne
Maureen
Site Admin

Post by Maureen »

Hi Jeanne

He is still alive. Here is his official website http://zero-wise.com/

Here is a you tube link 1 of 9 that you could watch to get a sense of his work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL972JihAmg

I found his work about 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe when you are in Hawaii you can meet him. I too have his book somewhere if you want I can look for it and bring it tomorrow at Barb's.
Love
Maureen
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you, Maureen, for these links. I can see why Traditional Hawaiians would be upset since the website and videos are so Americanized, glitzy....not at all, IMHO, culturally sensitive. If we are meant to meet Dr. Hew Len, I am sure we will be guided but I am left, at this moment, with a feeling of disappointment at the glitz. My first reaction is that something sacred has been lost to materialism, perhaps exploitation. God, please forgive me and I hope I'm wrong! Many thanks, Geoff and Maureen, for taking the time to follow up and send this to me. I will just give it up to prayer for now. Bless Dr. Len and my prayer is that his soul will be stirred in God's Great Love and that his cultural roots and spiritual practice will be blessed and sustained. With gratitude, Jeanne
Pamela
Happy Camper

Post by Pamela »

I have some books by Ken Ham "The New answers book one over 25 questions o creation/evolution and the Bible. I have part two and three. It answers questions on science. Like did Adam and Eve walk on top of fossil bones and the answer it there were no death until Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. Dinosaurs never ate anyone or anything in the garden of Eden they ate fruit and vegetables. So for a T rex to eat some dinosaurs is not so biblical. Maybe after the flood T hunted other dinos but not before the flood.

What killed the dinosaurs was a great flood. Noah probably take baby dinosaurs on the ark but after the ark the world was a different place and dinosaurs could not live in the world after the flood. That is why they died out.

The word dinosaur isn't in the Bible but dinosaurs were called dragons and Leviathans. And there are hundreds of dragon stories around the world as well as flood stories.

Here is a video from a Christian scientist on creation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRSBGD7vbA
Pamela