Message from John about soul and ego

This forum is for all other topics
arie2012
Family

Message from John about soul and ego

Post by arie2012 »

Dear friends,

During the weekend of 25/26 June we had the great pleasure to have Werner as our guest again. We had a wonderful time together!

On Saturday evening we gathered for prayer and Werner received the following great message from his spirit guide John:

Good evening, guten Abend. My name is John, mein Name ist Johannes. I’m very glad to be here with you tonight.

I have come because I want to share my love with you. And the reason why I’m here is also to shed some light on what we call “ego”. Most of you do not know the difference between “ego” and “soul”. Let me try to enlighten you so that in the future you can make that distinction and it will help you to get rid of that what you do not need on this earth.

Some people say they want to be the most loving person in the whole world. Some say they want to be the best at playing soccer. And both are things from the ego, because the soul does not compare. And when you use the words “most” or “best” or “better” you are comparing yourself to others, which the soul does not do, because the soul knows we are all equal. We are all loved equally. We are all as important as anybody else. So when somebody says he wants to be the most loving person in the whole world, this does not come from the soul. This comes from the ego.

In what I have just told you lies the secret to your happiness, lies the secret to truth. And it will help you to understand ego and soul more properly. And know it is not complicated. There is an enormous truth in the simple words and the simple sentences that I have just used to portray to you the difference between ego and soul. As souls we know that who we are is enough. As souls we do not want to compete with each other, because we understand how ridiculous that even is, because all of us are unique. All of you are unique. You are special in your own ways, but then again you’re no more special than anybody else. And once you start accepting those simple things the light inside of you will shine much further than the skin of your body. It is not easy to see past your own egos, to see past your own history, your own past. But when you are in darkness the only thing you need to do is to let the light inside of you, that what we call your soul, shine. And it is that light; it is that love, that Essence from the Big Soul that will help you to see the truth in the darkness you are going through. Because only ego can create darkness. And it is the soul that creates light.

Live in the now! Live as you were when you were children. Rejoice and be happy with the simple things in life. And understand that every one of you is important. That none of you are replaceable, because all of you are unique. Ego says you need to be famous, you need to be a top-manager, you need to be the best dad. Soul just says you just need to be yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. And when you dare to be yourself, the world around you will change, because you will see the world differently.

So stop comparing yourself to others. It is like a good soccer-team: there is need of a goal-keeper; there is need of good defenders, good midfielders and good attackers. And all are equally important. And if one of them fails it weakens the team. So you see: all of you are equally important.
So we want to encourage you to be yourself and to do the things that you love the most. And only then can and will the world change. Why? Because you will change and you are the world, you are the world you live in.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk to you. We love the opening of the circle, but want to add to it: we would like you to add your energy to the bowl after everybody mentioned his and her name. We would like someone to mention and concentrate on the bowl, so that the people, whose names were written on the paper in the bowl, will receive the same amount of love and energy that you give each other.

So again, thank you for this opportunity. Until we meet again. Goodbye. Auf Wiedersehen.
jeanne
Family

Re: The Frankfurt Circle of Light

Post by jeanne »

What a lovely message! So happy Werner was part of your wonderful circle and that it was so a joyous occasion! What a good message! Lots of love to all of you! Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Jane
Family

Post by Jane »

Thanks so much for posting that wonderful message, Arie--and thanks to Werner!
In society the message is so strong to compete and be the best at something that
this loving reminder from John of our equality and our uniqueness is very important.
Love,
Jane
With God, anything is possible
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks Arie for posting the message -- it is interesting how it distinguishes between the soul and the ego and which is the source of what kind of thinking.

As I reflected on it, a thought came to me that somewhere in the Padgett messages I remembered the soul being equated with the ego. So I searched Geoff's website and found it.

In https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... ol-1-pg76/ it says this:
"The ego of man is the soul, and in his created purity and perfection from his soul emanated all the manifested attributes belonging to him, such as power and love and wisdom; and neither were jealousy nor hatred nor wrath attributes of his before his fall."

We may well be talking about two different aspects of the same thing as sometimes happens in seemingly contradictory matters. Does anyone have any thoughts on reconciling these two messages?

Love,
Eva
BAT
Happy Camper

Post by BAT »

It depends on each person's view on ego and how it is defined. In Werner's message, ego is portrayed as the animal self, that fights to survive in this world. Only in earth life do competition as such exists.

In Padgett, ego is defined as the real self. Ego is the soul and the soul has its desires. Desires originate in the soul.

I guess it's semantics and the preconceived beliefs on what ego is. If we look at most of Werner's messages, the theme of duality is emphasized, to do and not to do. Ego is seen as the "opposite" of soul, the mind is subjected to be corrupted and the soul has no sin, only love.
Loren
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eva,

I have to say the message of Werner's rings much truer to me, true anyway to this day and age and how I think about ego. Its the way I would conceive of ego, as being centred in the material mind - the mind of the spirit body. Where things get difficult I think is that the souls is seen as the creator or "owner" of the spirit body and its material mind. We do know that the soul will "grow" a soul mind that is devoid of ego as I know it. I can recall being confused by this sort of thing in the past, and it is the reason why another has been teaching that unloving behaviours such as anger and so on emanate from the soul. Werner channeled some time ago that the soul is only capable of love, and I have to say that also rings true to me. I guess it would be good if JP would deliver a clarification of why he wrote that. It does seem as perhaps someone in the audience, JP perhaps did not have a clear view of the two "minds".

I have split this topic off as its gotten beyond what the original thread was about.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Re: Message from John about soul and ego

Post by Eva »

Thanks Loren and Geoff, I appreciate your comments.
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Eva wrote: So I searched Geoff's website and found it.

In https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... ol-1-pg76/ it says this:

"The ego of man is the soul, and in his created purity and perfection from his soul emanated all the manifested attributes belonging to him, such as power and love and wisdom; and neither were jealousy nor hatred nor wrath attributes of his before his fall."
I have now qualified that message as follows:
2 Ego here appears to mean “real self”. Where ego is used here with reference to Father, Luke quickly clarifies that it contains no negative attributes, such as would be these days associated with the word ego. Ego today is typically thought of as the mental construct that a person has of themselves, and is the creation they have brought about as a result of their life experiences. As such we often say it is not the “real” person.

3 This definition of ego does not seem to align with modern thinking, nor with contemporary messages. I suppose that because the soul gives rise to the creation of the material mind on incarnation, the soul could be considered the creator and host of the ego. But it is my understanding that what we mean by ego in the modern age resides in the material mind. This certainly projects the personality of the soul into the material world, but the material mind can also create its own view of its world, and even create aspects of personality that do not exist in the soul, such as fear, hatred, bigotry, greed and so forth.
They key to understanding what Luke means is in a paragraph before the quoted material:
The ego of God as may be said, is the Soul, and from this Soul, emanates all the manifested attributes of God, such as power and wisdom and love - but not jealousy or wrath or hatred, as some of the writers of the Bible have said, for He possesses no such attributes.
And yes here ego means "real self", not what we take it to mean today.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Message from John about soul and ego

Post by AlFike »

Yes, I think semantics is the issue here. Back in the early 1900's the term ego was recently coined and I think invented by Sigmund Freud. At that time this concept was new and cutting edge. Now the definition of the word has morphed into what we think of as negative attributes and mind concepts of self. I prefer to separate the definitions into : Ego = mind concepts of self and soul= true self or eternal self. In this case both mediums are right if you consider cultural contexts. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.