Today I am a Reverend

A forum for Al to post his musings
jeanne
Family

Re: Today I am a Reverend

Post by jeanne »

Thank you for the accolades!

Yes, Joseph, it was quite a surprise to receive the guidance to study for Ministerial Ordination! Never in my wildest dreams did I image doing this! :o

I would like to acknowledge our beloved and ever gracious friend Elizabeth Morana who helped me with my decision. As always, Elizabeth gave her whole hearted and unqualified support! Elizabeth provided me with the FCNB Study Guide as well as some sample study questions, offering her assistance and prayerful support. She is exquisite, so strong in The Love and such a beautiful channel ....always LIVING the LOVE! I am grateful for her inspiration and example.

I also think that each of us was well matched with our sponsors: Helge with Geoff Cutler (Sydney, Au); Al with Michael Nedbal (Hawaii) and myself with Ruth Duvall (Florida). It was an awesome experience for each of us to have their loving, prayerful support.

Answering the questions about the Truths of the spiritual laws as received through James Padgett 100 years ago provided me with the opportunity to reflect back on my spiritual journey -- to recall personal experiences that upon reflection, were obviously God-guided! I was led to the Padgett Messages in 1971 and devoured them! Not because I was ever a scholar but because I got hooked on that blissful, soulful communion that comes in reading them. :P I struck up a letter writing friendship with Rev. John Paul Gibson and ordered several copies of the volumes -- giving them away to anyone who would allow me to talk about the Truth of Divine Love! From time to time I still pray that those volumes, scattered where ever they are now, that they will come into the hands of seeking souls.

It was through my correspondence with Rev. Gibson in the 70's that I discovered (with astonishment) that I had already met Dr. Samuels in a Vancouver park while he and his wife were on vacation in Vancouver! An atheist and University student at the time, I look back on that experience and realize that God was guiding me then....and although I didn't believe a word they said, I was deeply, soulfully touched because they were truly channels of Divine Love! Another remarkable experience occurred when Al and I were guided to meet Victor Summers, the then head of the Church...(approx. 1982) on a farm in the mountains near San Diego. We danced and prayed together with Victor, Michael Bailley and Patricia Sperry! Victor showed us all the original transcripts of messages received through James Padgett which were in his possession then. Little did we realize the importance and significance of his treasure.

I highly recommend taking a Ministerial Ordination program! It has been a soul stirring and life enhancing experience.

With love and gratitude to both FCNB and FCDT for developing their programs ...and the great legacy of love upon which they are based.... I am now, with great humility "Reverend" Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

WOW! Congratulations Jeanne!
What a great day; I couldn't be happier for you! You're already a wonderful example and minister of God's love and care. And I loved reading your wonderful story.
May God greatly bless you and your ministry,
Love, Kevin
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Good morning Jeanne,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your very brief story of how and when you came to begin your association with the Messages received by James Padgett.

Please, if you would (and can), connect the dots between when you were "led to the Padgett Messages in 1971 and devoured them" ... and the time "that I had already met Dr. Samuels in a Vancouver park while he and his wife were on vacation in Vancouver! An atheist and University student at the time..."

Do you remember how and when you began to read the messages? Did a book mysteriously drop in your lap from heaven? (haha) Did Dr. Samuels give a copy of the book to you?

How do you know that it was Dr. Samuels that you met in the park? How is it that you talked to a stranger in the park? I have a feeling there is something interesting here.

I just like stories...and love to read them, especially when they pique my interest. Hope you can fill in some additional details. If not, thanks what you shared.

With love and a hug,
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Joseph,

How kind of you to ask me more about those early experiences! OMG! If you only knew! I met Dr. and Mrs. Samuels in 1967 at age 18. It was the era of sex, drugs and rock and roll! And I didn't want to miss anything. ;)

It was summer time....my parents and younger siblings were away on vacation and I had that "attitude"....that arrogance of youth! I thought I knew "everything"! Two friends of mine (Larry and Mo) and I went out to U.B.C. to the opening of the brand new Museum of Anthropology - to this day a magnificent facility to house historical artifacts of our province's aboriginal people.

The 3 of us were in the museum, winding our way through all the exhibits and we just kept bumping into this couple and struck up a conversation with them about the university and the City of Vancouver. The Samuels introduced themselves from New York; they were on vacation in Seattle, visiting their daughter and decided to make a trip up to Vancouver! So really they were tourists. We spent a delightful 2 hours with them, then dropped them off at the Sylvia Hotel in English Bay. They mentioned that they planned to continue their sight-seeing and go to the Planetarium - another tourist attraction -- that same evening. We said good-by and exchanged addresses.

My friends and I went back to my family's house and had a meal together. When my friends said "what are we going to do tonight?" ....I said "Why don't we go to the planetarium and surprise that couple and take them to Queen Elizabeth park and to see the lights of the city?" I was so drawn to them....and obviously the angels were influencing my friends too. Because, to my great surprise, my friends actually agreed!! So we drove across town to the planetarium and positioned ourselves at each exit and surprised the Samuels when the crowd was exiting the theatre! We enjoyed another few hours together and I remember thinking "they are so nice!" "Too bad they are so religious"!

When I reflect on this experience I am reminded that the words we use are not as important as having The Love in our souls to share with others!

The Samuels sent me postcards from New York and from other places they travelled to for many years. Eventually we lost touch.

It wasn't until 1972 or later that I received something from FCNB in the mail from Dr. Gibson with Dr. Samuels picture on it that I made the connection!! Meeting the Samuels was such a powerful experience that to this day, when Al and I are travelling, I am consciously aware that I want to be used as the same kind of channel of Love to those I meet that the Samuels were to me!

it's obvious to me now that the angels guided us to meet. I have come to the realization that the angels can somehow use those of us on earth who are praying for The Love to stir the soul longings within others that we meet. Without Words! Sometimes I think the words can get in the way! Al and I try to provide opportunities for people to EXPERIENCE The Love more than we talk about The Love! Typically we wait for questions and use "universal" language rather than preach!

Joseph, you also asked me if the Padgett Messages fell down from heaven.....yep! Pretty much!!

I dropped out of U.B.C. after 3 years (again, it was the 60's and I was distracted!). I got a job at the Bank of Montreal as a teller and was guided to meet "Elly" who is now 91 years old living near Sea World in San Diego. Elly was a trance medium and rumors about her receiving messages from beyond circulated like wildfire around the bank. I heard that a man had died in her apartment during a séance! (Which was later confirmed!! :lol: ) Of course I found this gossip fascinating and asked her lots of questions about what I had heard! Elly was a woman of few words, light hearted and very focused on her work. However, the spiritual connection between us was immediate and very powerful!

Elly kept telling me I should quit smoking but she said the words with such great love and compassion I didn't take her seriously! We were inseparable in the work place even though she was the same age as my parents! She gave me a copy of "Life in the World Unseen" by Anthony Borgia to read which I thought was pretty ridiculous the first time I read it! But of course I was HOOKED! Then she gave me the Padgett Volumes and I "devoured" them! Soon Elly invited me to her home and it was through Elly that I received my first personal message from "Andrew" - A Celestial Spirit Guide. I was 22 years old and I remember Andrew telling me "You will come to know God Who is a stranger to you now"! Later on, in l975 I met Al at Elly's house and found out that Andrew was Al's guide! :D Another amazing connection...affirming how God was guiding me!

Elly and I read all 4 volumes....walking and praying and enjoying Vancouver's beaches and gardens every minute that we weren't at work! :P The angels were always close and through Elly I met a host of spirit guides as well as Barb, Terry, Bert and Shirley! That was in the 70's and I ordered several copies of the Volumes and corresponded with Dr. Gibson.

I was then guided to finish my degree at B.Y.U., Provo Utah! What a contrast to the sex, drugs and rock and roll days at U.B.C. in the 60's! When I went home to Vancouver for the Christmas break, Elly introduced me to Al, Barb and Terry....the rest is history!! :P Al and I were married almost 40 years ago in Stanley Park.

It was approximately 1983 when Al was guided to sell his coin collection to finance a vacation road trip to San Diego with our 2 preschool aged sons to visit Elly! He sold the coins for $610. and paid all our expenses for a 2 week trip! We returned with about 65 cents change! :lol: It was on that trip that we met Victor Summers, Michael Bailley, Patricia and Jonathan Sperry (now Patricia Doyle) and saw all the original Padgett manuscripts!

Well thanks, Joseph, for asking me to "connect the dots"! I'm feeling a little self conscious now....wondering if you or anyone else is still listening! :oops: thanks for the trip down memory lane! ;)

Love and hugs, Jeanne
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Rev Jeanne,

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing, and congratulations.

Hugs
Geoff
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Good morning, dear Jeanne,

Oh, my, you did indeed connect the dots! I was riveted to my seat (and computer) reading your story. Thank you!

You left me hanging, however, concerning Dr. and Mrs. Samuels. I hope you remember and will fill it in. The blank part that needs filling in is a very important element of your story. It is the point where you wrote:
We enjoyed another few hours together and I remember thinking "they are so nice!" "Too bad they are so religious"!
There had to be something in your conversations with Dr. Samuels that caused you to remember that you had this thought. Are you able to go back to memory lane and bring back a few details of your conversations with Dr. Samuels?

The loved the point you made of the Love being experienced by strangers you meet. Really like this, and feel that it is important that you mentioned this, and that you still continue this today in your travels.

Thank you for taking the time to write this and sharing her with us. Our stories are very important: both for us to remember, and to others who will read them. This is why I write...that not all my stories will pass when I do.

May I suggest something? Keep writing! Your story would make a very interesting book to read. May I suggest a title for your first paperback book: "Traveling Jeanne". I will be your first customer! I few "saucy" chapters will draw readers by the thousands. Haha! The wild 60s indeed. I was too much of a prude to have that experience. Besides, in the 60s I was a church guy involved in the civil rights movement...walking the streets of Selma, Alabama helping Blacks to register to vote.

With much love and a huge hug,

Joseph
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, my Jeannie Bean has some great stories to tell and I do hope that she tells you a few. Rather than steal her thunder, I'll leave it to her to tell some of our travel adventures together where it was obvious that we were being led by spirit to make some surprising and interesting connections with others around the world. I'm thinking of Quito Equator and Medellin Columbia as outstanding experiences. How about it Rev. Jeanne? Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks Reverend Geoff! :P

Hmm.....Joseph.....I can't remember anything concrete that the Samuels actually said that made me think they were "religious" except for "God bless you!" I assume they tried to tell me about God's Love but I was a self proclaimed atheist and believed religion was for weak or naïve people! With my material mind and arrogant intellect I just dismissed their albeit, well meaning silliness! :roll: But with my soul, I was completely hooked by my attraction to them! Just as I was to Elly and to Al when I first met them! :P Thanks for your encouragement to write Joseph! My goal these days is to keep moving rather than to keep sitting. (Haven't you heard "Sitting is the New Smoking!"?) My back and butt are having a hard time coping these days, and since my soul wants to SING...I think I'll leave the book writing for a few more years! Lots of love to you, my dear brother! God Bless! Love Jeanne ;)
jimmyaloha77
Busy Bee

Post by jimmyaloha77 »

What a blessed and wonderful story Jeanne! Thank you!
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hey Jimbeau!
Thanks!! We are going to have many more adventures with you on Oahu in January....then we'll have lots more to write about!! Can't wait to be with you, Jimbeau! In The Love!! Sharing our faith, our stories and more adventures on this glorious Divine Path! Love always, always love, and a l o h a ! ! ! Jeanne :P