Interpreting guidance

A forum for Al to post his musings
Maureen
Site Admin

Re: Interpreting guidance

Post by Maureen »

Hi All !!

The first feeling that comes to me regarding your post Al referring to mind/ego and how we discern the guidance and not get too heady bringing it through the ringer is one of softness. Softness is an aspect which is coursing through my being as I step through what could unfold as a rather tumultuous experience in the current chapter of my personal life.

Mind and ego LOVE drama and will, if given the space, take us down a bumpy road littered with pot holes! We all know to a greater or lesser degree what that is all about.

I have seen myself (I'd be so brave as to say from soul vision) watching and observing from an arial place of greater wisdom my physical self,who is rooted in the material earth plane and doing her best to navigate through her unique path. One aspect I observed is the way in which our mind/ego can serve our soul. As we are created with mind/ego there has to be a positive means to these sides of our wholeness in which they can serve the soul. Drawing guidance from my soul I was to love them as they are an intricate part of my existence here (and as we read above until the 7th sphere). Soul is the truth of who we are and mind and ego are there to put for the actions of the soul's desire. So now, I thank them (yes they have become like a friend to me now - well o.k. on the best of days - but it has become easier to stop the insanity when I'm on a real rant) I love them I let them know that they have worked so hard for me all these years and now it's their turn to relax and enjoy the directional lead from the soul. I assure them as the soul unfolds the desire the necessary action will be determined and then their turn arises causing the affect through the action. It's quite a beautiful experience coming from that perspective as often I as I can. It's learning to love and accept myself on a deeper and deeper level.

So I befriend the Soul/Mind/Ego and in that relationship I KNOW something good is bound to happen.

I think this is keeping with the topic thread - if not, take what you will and discard what you won't :)

Big Love to All of you as you continue to put into practise the LOVE that resides in your souls!!

Maureen
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Dear Al and all
Thank you for the contributions here, as always very much appreciated. I am a little sensitive about the usage of the word “ego” as it can be interpreted in many different ways depending on the philosophy, theology, psychology, belief system etc you follow. I wish to refer to this term as used in context of the teachings we follow where I have become to understand that my soul is the true and real ego, reflecting my soulcondition at a specific moment. The true ego is me as a soul, my soul being with all its injuries, error, desires, love etc
Al you said: “Either way, that part of us which is ego is bound to be transformed by the Love,” And indeed, it is the soul that will be transformed by the Love and not the mind as the Divine Love acts only on the soul.
Herewith a quote out of the Padgett Messages where Jesus writes more on the soul and what it is:
Jesus: The soul - what it is and what it is not. March 2nd, 1917

But the soul, as concerning man is a thing of itself, alone.
A substance real, though invisible to mortals.
The discerner and portrayer of men's moral and spiritual condition - never dying, so far as known, and the real ego of the man.
In it are centered the love principle, the affections, the appetites and the passions,
and possibilities of receiving and possessing and assimilating those things that will either elevate man to the state or condition of the Divine Angel or the perfect man, or lower him to the condition that fits him for the hells of darkness and suffering.
http://new-birth.net/tgrabjvol1/bible35.htm

Maybe my understanding is too simplified ?
Thanks again,
Much love
Helge
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you Al for sharing your spiritual journey with all its ups and downs, and above all, soulful progression. This is what I appreciate with this forum -- how we can "compare notes" and exhort each other to a closer walk with our Father. I'll have to come back to your write-up and message from Faith and reread them to absorb them more fully.
Love to all my fellow travelers on the Divine Love path.
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Helge Mercker wrote: I wish to refer to this term as used in context of the teachings we follow where I have become to understand that my soul is the true and real ego, reflecting my soulcondition at a specific moment. The true ego is me as a soul, my soul being with all its injuries, error, desires, love etc
Dear Helge,

I believe you are correct, and the issue is that our soul is presented through the material mind to the world and certainly coloured and distorted there, and this material mind is the one scientists are familiar with, hence their confusion, and in some circles, there is a disrespect of ego, leading to spiritual teachers who believe we must transcend ego. Well we must transcend the material mind, which currently presents "ego", but the remainder - the soul, will not ever be "transcended, although it will certainly grow, become rounder, and many traits change in subtle ways.

hugs
Geoff
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Pray for a burning desire to know only Truth ... (George Stokes 1977)
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Helga, good morning, i hope that all is well with you and all your wonderful efforts.

i read something in your last post that concerned me in regards to understanding the effects of the inflowing of the Divine Love into the soul upon the mind.

i would ask that you consider that the Divine Love effects or affects, whichever you prefer, all parts of the human being.

From my understanding, the spirit, the total active energies of the soul, contains what we call the mind. The development of the soul qualities, specifically by the Divine Love of the Father, transform the soul. We all to some degree are aware of this Truth from reading the Messages. Some know through the experience of receiving the Divine Love and its Transforming Power, the effects upon our minds, or rather the thoughts and beliefs of our minds. The soul, as the True Self (ego?) and the conscience as one of its attributes begins to be able, through the soul perceptions developed in Greater Love (at an increased rate than the more arduous path of Natural Love (meditation and practice of mental disciplines alone), begin to observe the mind/spirit and its activities, and as a matter of conscience and will, discipline the mind to have and be loving towards ourselves and others. The pain, or expiation, in doing otherwise, are more than most of us want to put up with, when we are seeking Love and Truth, and the corresponding freedom and happiness. So i would say, and it has been my training, that the Divine Love does indeed, as the soul ascends to its rightful place and position so to speak, and the material and spirit aspects of the mind or spirit become the channel of the souls energies of pure love, as designed. This further effects the body, as the energies of the body are of spirit, meaning our own spirit.

with much love, brother dave k.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Thank you Geoff and Dave for your comments.
I love the quote of George Stokes and thank you Dave for reminding me to pray for a greater desire to know Truth, and in addition I pray for the Spirit of Truth to be active and present at all times. I do not wish to promote error or be a cause of confusion, so thank you for expressing your concern.
Much love
Helge.