Channeled history of James and Helen Padgett

A forum for Al to post his musings
James
Busy Bee

Re: Channeled history of James and Helen Padgett

Post by James »

Hi Al,
I really resonate with your statement about your mediumship and share your personal views.

My experience is that this gift or genetic produced ability is more about questioning than certainty. I believe that mediumship can be applied in many ways that are primarily influenced by the desire of the medium more that spiritual development. I find that the constant result for me is to be reviewing my own personal growth and spiritual position so that I often experience considerable discomfort as I wonder how well I live up to what is transmitted. I make great efforts to stand clear of the expectations of others and myself and to be as true as possible to what I am writing. I am certainly unhappy at times at what I have written and seek revision or confirmation from the spirits writing.

I agree absolutely that to assume that anything that is written or spoken through a medium is the last word on a spiritual or any other matter is very risky and probably plain silly. Every medium is subject to ego influence by her or his very nature and this will modify what is produced of necessity.

In knowing you I am well aware of the strong sense of responsibility that you feel about what you are doing as a medium and have the greatest respect for this.

I feel that contemporary mediumship in Divine Love circles is often weighed against James Padgett's work and with it often regarded as a type of gold standard. I think that this is unfortunate as his work is excellent but he was no less subject to the problems of humanity than anyone else. The message you wrote so well brings this out.

One thing that I have valued greatly is discussion with other mediums as i have often found a level of understanding and acceptance in this than I commonly find with others.

I guess we need to keep on keeping on and doing what we can in the best way we know how always on the lookout to improve with the openness to acknowledge our own areas of need. The spirits with whom I speak often say that the prime focus of all of our living is our own personal spiritual progress.

With much love,
James
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Al,

Like Dennis was so graciously pointed out that Mr. Padgett continued to have his doubts and fears about this gift and had to be encouraged by Jesus. And even though mediumship runs in your family, your not comfortable with being the center of attention which is not helping your confidence either.
Contemporary mediumship in the Divine Love community is still a hot topic for some. It is fraught with all kinds of judgments, fears and projections. Some are eager for the next communication while others are contemptuous and suspicious and most have an interest but not an immediate trust in what is communicated. In the end, it is subject to all the human conditions that everything else is plus the inner conditions of the medium. So this is a very delicate dance of acceptance and rejection of the experience both by the one who channels and those receiving the message.
Thus, from the above statement you have a rough time of it because even though Contemporary mediumship in the Divine Love community is expected and accepted, there are still many skeptics and naysayers that just don't want to believe or if they do, can look for other shortcomings in order to disgard the whole message due to one word or sentence that throws them off, etc. Either way, you are feeling the pressure because there will be some that will receive it well or at least understand the overall jest of the message, and yet others that just love to criticize and latch out. While it may seem easy to merely say, "Just deliver the message, and IF they don't receive it, at least you've done your job!" IMHO: However, there is always something deeper inside of a medium that hopes that the message is received well because you can feel the deeper content of the TRUTHS THAT ARE BEING PRESENTED AND IF RECEIVED, WILL BE A HELP TO THOSE THAT WILL ACCEPT IT IN THE LOVE AND AUTHORITY THAT IT WAS GIVEN. WHY? BECAUSE IT IS NOT COMING FROM YOUR HEAD KNOWLEDGE, BUT FROM A HIGHER SOURCE THAT ONLY WANTS FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF HUMANITY, ETC. ;) :D ;)

Nevertheless, like Mr. Padgett, when you get over to the other side, you too will see ALL the souls that are so grateful for your efforts and willingness to put yourself out there delivering these Celestial messages to not only the physical people on this side, but to countless others that may have dropped in to read or listen in as well -- who are invisible that are also benefitting from the messages. Remember, Mr. Padgett was greeted by a large assembly of souls when he crossed over that even he was even amazed and overwhelmed.

Okay, your assignments are very different in scope, please know that your taking the position of continuing the work (even in a different capacity), you are being a team player and these messages are definitely bringing love and light to this planet. Hope that makes sense, and is somewhat comforting.

Much love and respect,

Marga
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Marga and James, these are both wonderful comments and yet such different takes on what I have written. I do feel a kinship with you James as I'm sure you felt the same when we met face to face in Calloundra. We belong to a pretty small club here and do indeed need to stick together for support and collaboration. We are brothers not altogether similar but certainly of the same family. As such we give our unique perspectives as mediums on many subjects and this spectrum of thought (channeled or not) helps to give a clearer picture to our search for truth. I often feel you close brother and your love and support is palpable. Thank you James for being who you are and for also sticking your neck out as an instrument for God's Love and truth. Your efforts are certainly appreciated here.

Marga, your love and support is also palpable and appreciated. You are a beautiful and strong presence and I love it when you talk to me like you're my mama. Your strong and loving commentary always contains love and a bit of correction. Thanks Mom for always being there although I'm sure you are not old enough to be my Mom ;) :lol: .

So I have a lovely spiritual family filled with many loving souls who are nurturing and uniquely endowed with many spiritual gifts. We are all a part of a greater whole which is bringing light and change into the world. I am so very fortunate to be a part of such a bountiful family . I hope that it grows and we all find a valued place in the lexicon of God's Family. Children of His Love and Care. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I received a lovely email from James yesterday with a message about mediumship. I think that it is very timely and full of wise comments. None of us here on earth are capable of channeling pure unadulterated truth because we lack the soul progression and the higher soul wisdom to do so . Whatever comes through is an approximation and, as this Richard Message states, needs to be weighed and assessed. They also refer to other means of communication which would bypass the individuals inherent mental reflexes which adds so much other material originating from the mediums mind.. For many years Alec, the fellow who started the Divine Love movement in Vancouver several decades past was intent on developing something called direct voice. Direct voice is known in spiritualist circles as the ability of spirit to draw ectoplasm from a medium and use this to form a voice box that could be used to communicate directly ( no mental faculties of the medium involved). Spirit would be able to materialize in this way as well. He tried to develop this gift through his own mediumship but was unsuccessful because he passed over unexpectedly in his 50's. I posses a number of messages from those days expounding on the benefit of developing such a gift. One of my guides, Serreta Kem, has expressed interest in helping us develop this gift but it would take some time and a lot of effort from both sides to bring it forth from the higher Celestial spirits. At present, it remains a pipe dream but man wouldn't it be wonderful to have communication in this way :P . No more speculation about what is truly being said.

So, I am posting here Richard's communications regarding mediumship and it's limitations. It's a good read. The first paragraph is James speaking for himself. The message follows from there.

36 Mediumship Richard
20140805 Tuesday
Good morning brothers and sisters. I feel a sense of clearing today for the first time for a long time. I have felt your support over the past weeks and feel that the prime issue for me over that time has been the acceptance of myself and trust in my own opinion. That is not to say that I regard myself as correct always but that my views are valid. I feel that I am laying the issue with others to rest.

Good morning my dear brother. Learning to have confidence in and trust one’s own opinion without assuming that one can be in error takes time and is something that one needs to pursue constantly. It is vital that anyone feels confident to express an opinion with openness to discussion. Experience and humility lead one to be able to do this with this acceptance of the position and opinion of others. It is very important that you have been very aware of the feelings that this situation has generated in you. Many of these have been what you could term negative and arose from old attitudes and beliefs. You have felt doubt of the whole process of channelling and of your own process with us. It is important that this occurred and that you have felt your way through this.
Spirit communication has its poor reputation from deceptive behaviours on the part of mediums and this is regrettable. It is incumbent upon anyone who accepts their abilities to communicate with spirit to be as honest as they possibly can with themselves and with all to whom they communicate the messages received. Of course the medium’s ego is involved in the process. This is inevitable and needs to be recognised and allowed for. A medium is not a simple instrument such as a radio which converts electromagnetic vibrations into sound. Such an instrument is only as good as its manufacture and the signal it receives. This is true also for a medium but with the added issues that the medium has input into the translation of the message. This aspect is recognised by the communicating spirits and they are able to modify a signal to one that an individual medium is most able to receive clearly and to translate.
I will repeat what I have often said. It is important to be very discerning regarding spirit messages. It is helpful but not essential to know something about the medium. It is most important to let a message resonate with what one already knows or believes to test its veracity for you. It is not enough to assume that a message that is claimed to come from a specific spirit actually does so. Many mediums have a great capacity for self-delusion regarding the source of the messages they receive. The acceptance of the identity of any spirit is an act of faith by any medium. By their fruits will you know them. Test the consistency of the messages and test the degree to which you feel the message is from spirit or medium. However strongly one claims certainty of the identity of a particular spirit it is unlikely that they are completely certain.
This applies even in your communication with us. You have developed the capacity to recognise the manner of communication of varying ones of us and accept the names we give you. Do you know these to be true? No, you don’t know this but you do believe this. Added to this you have the added observations that we have delivered consistent messages to you over some considerable time now. This goes far beyond the time over which we have written together as you know from your experience. In itself this is not proof of our identity but is a clear indication of our intentions towards you and those with whom you share these messages. Your own experience of communicating with us is personal and subjective which gives you a different experience from those who read or hear the messages without the experience of receiving them. However the readers and hearers apply their own sense of discernment to these and respond accordingly and many have told you of their response. All of these factors add together to build a base on which decisions can be made.
In what we call your apprenticeship with us, we are most particular to encourage your self-assessment of what we do together. In this our intent is to lead you the position of a master of an art or trade who is very good at what he does and also assumes that there is more to learn and further room for improvement. This is a situation where you are able to stand clear of complacency or perfectionism and allow acceptance of a job well done while remaining open to further growth of ability. However well any human does anything there is always room for further progress as humans have capacities far beyond present knowledge or assumptions. The limits of ability will always be approached while probably never completely reached.
Communicating with us is like all subjective experience in that the exact nature of the experience cannot be accurately communicated to another who has no similar experience. Despite this it is very real the one who has the experience. Within the framework of this there is room for self-deception.
So you can clearly see that I am saying that there is a lot of room for error and no clear way to prove the accuracy or even the true existence of spirit messages. That is a fine state is it not? What this means is that the honesty of the medium is of paramount importance. In time it may be possible to establish communication channels which will establish beyond doubt that we exist and that we can communicate with you clearly and with good intent. At the present time the pioneers are of vital importance and there is great value in the connection and mutual support of those who recognise each other and their talents. The more comfortable an individual medium becomes with their ability the better the level of connection that can be made and this ensures a better level of message. Mediumistic ability is a talent and not a gift any more than any talent is a gift. Not all talents are recognised and if there is a gift involved it is that one identifies and accepts that one has a particular talent. The development of that talent is then one of the purposes of a lifetime both in flesh and in spirit. We here are not all mediumistic simply by virtue of being in spirit however highly progressed we might be. Does this surprise you? The talents that one has are present at birth although there are many who do not recognise their talents while on earth and do subsequently discover and develop them in spirit.
I will say that one who is mediumistic probably has an increased ability to detect the flaws in messages received by others but this ability needs to be treated with great circumspection and care. There is often a fine line between discernment and negative judgment with ego being an influencing factor.
I have said enough to give you food for thought for some time.
Faith and trust are essential in all spheres of existence. This need increases with the degree of spirituality that is being expressed while in earthly existence as here one ventures into what is regarded as esoteric and mysterious. Even though the venturer does not regard it so, others do and cast doubts that can influence him or her. While you faith is strong it increases and doubt has little influence.
I leave you today with all of my love and the blessings of all of us.
I am Richard, your true brother and Celestial Teacher and loving friend.
Endless journey,endless Love.
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Al,
"Marga, your love and support is also palpable and appreciated. You are a beautiful and strong presence and I love it when you talk to me like you're my mama. Your strong and loving commentary always contains love and a bit of correction. Thanks Mom for always being there although I'm sure you are not old enough to be my Mom ;) :lol: . "
That is so funny because I don't mean to come off like "YOUR MAMA" because I am only old enough to be your big sista.
But I've been told before that I have a tendency to come off like a "Mom" without really trying. :roll: :oops: :roll: For example, during a job interview years ago, a gentleman told me that he needed guidance not mothering, and I didn't even know that I was projecting that image. Definitely did not talk to him in that manner during the interview. Yet, he must have seen it in me. Therefore, in my response letter, made sure to mention that I do my best to guide him, and NOT mother him! :D

However, when I respond to you here, I believe that while encouragement and strengthening is my goal, it may be very helpful IF I can recognize your humility and appreciate it for for it is instead of seeing it as "doubt" and trying to discourage you from doubting. While I don't want to inspire you to be cocky or overly confident, just wished there was a middle ground. But after reading what Richard wrote through James, I get it and am very happy that you are STILL very humble and can express your doubts or imperfections, etc. as you do. Hope that makes sense?

BTW: I loved Richard's message so much I will come back later with my response to it because there is so much TRUTH and INFORMATION in it that resonates in my soul. So much of what he said, confirms what I've read over the years from other mediums like Arthur Ford; as well as, with what I've had to deal with myself when delivering written inspirational messages to others that has been given to me by Spirit in the past. How? My being imperfect and wanting to be a perfectionist, I had a tendency to tweak messages so much that by the time I'd finished the message, I would be asked does that look like the message you were originally given? (Paraphrased) :? :o

So, thank you James and Richard. I'll be back with more later.

Much love and respect to you all,

Marga
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear James,
I greatly ppreciate your message to Al!
It holds much wisdom, even for those of us who are not genetically equipped for mediumship! You highight the importance of self-reflection, of being able to look at ourselves, recognize the "stuff" that gets in the way of our being clear channels of the Love, whether through mediumship or in our everyday relating to people. You acknowledge our responsibility to get that "stuff" out of the way so the Love can grow within us and flow through us unimpeded.

What you say makes clear to me how one's gift of mediumship can become an ego entrapment unless the person themselves has an innate humility and a desire to offer up their gift in service to something greater than the ego. I believe this latter way is what both you and Al have committed yourselves to. The fruits of your mediumship grow as you both continue to develop spiritually. I appreciate the gifts you both give by serving as mediums for the truths of Divine Love.

Your spirit teachers sum it up when they say " the prime focus of all of our living is our own personal spiritual progress."

Big Sista, Marga, thanks for your thoughtful posts on this thread. I feel I can always count on you for stimulating input that conveys your loving nature! I look forward to your further comments, especially from your perspective of receiving guidance in your own way from spirit and having to wrestle with your perfectionistic streak that wants to "tidy it up".

Not having this gift myself, I have felt both relief and envy at different times. Relief, because I could see the challenges in being a medium, since three of the people closest to me have this gift and I have witnessed their struggles over almost 4 decades. Envy, because at times of uncertainty, it appeared appealing to get guidance in this way that seemed more direct and clear than the way I get my guidance. My guidance comes either in deep inner feeling states or thoughts that appear full blown in my mind or in dreams that are not ordinary but present me with information, insight and ways forward. I, too, have the job of identifying what is a product of my ego-mind and what is soul-knowing assisted by spirit/Love/guidance.

I have come to the belief that it is fundamentally my soul connection with the Creator that is the source of my guidance, so my efforts continue to be to strengthen this connection, to deepen my knowing of the Creator's Ever-Presence. I do this through prayer and mindfulness throughout the day. I often lose the connection and fail in my efforts when I get flooded with anxiety, fear, doubt, or another human state.

But always I am given help when I choose to seek it and restore the connection, only to lapse again another day and begin the cycle all over again. I have faith that deeper layers of "stuff" are accessed with every cycle and I am making progress!

Thanks again you all!
Love,
Terry
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Terry said " I have come to the belief that it is fundamentally my soul connection with the Creator that is the source of my guidance" and I would like to echo this belief. Last night at our prayer circle Augustine and Confucius came to speak to us and we were told that in the Celestial spheres the Angels KNOW God's Will because they are infused with Divine Love. I interpreted that to mean that they don't really have to seek and pray for guidance like us mere mortals do! They also said that it is because of the human conditions; ie., the conditions of this earth plane that are somewhat chaotic and distracting that make it difficult for us to receive clarity. Again, we were admonished to keep seeking The LOVE and that God's Will will be made known to us as we progress spiritually. Easy to say! But our challenge to BE in The Love while on earth! Blessings! Love Jeanne :D
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
James
Busy Bee

Post by James »

Hi Jeanne,
I surely echo your sentiments.

I feel that as we seek the Love it is essential that we are also practicing loving in our everyday living as receiving the Love is only part of the equation and without the giving part the effects are diminished. When we are giving we are increasing our level of harmony with God's Will.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we too knew God's Will? The Celestials also move naturally in perfect harmony with God's Will. That capacity comes for us in the course of our growth a step at a time.

Love
James
Artistdeb
Busy Bee

Post by Artistdeb »

Hello Al, As you know I am quite new to this group but it was actually a sharing of this very message that brought me to this group. I enjoyed getting the back story of how it felt to receive and begin to believe from James. I felt truth pour through.

I think that one (and all) need to open our minds and hearts to what is available, what our family that is seeing life with a higher perspective wishes to express. We need to get our minds out of the way, and listen to what Spirit has to say. Write it done with out questioning. Then read it later with an open mind, most likely within much truth you shall find.

My personal mantra has been "Only the highest and best will I accept." And I always say "Thank you, I appreciate all the help."
Enjoy the view, wherever life takes you. ~ Debra Clemente
Artistdeb
Busy Bee

Post by Artistdeb »

Hush your Mind

Come around again and listen to Me tell you about you, about your beauty, about your wisdom, about your truth. There is truth in your being, in your being you. There is nothing for you to do, so be still, hush, yes hush your mind. You will never know all until you can quiet the rambling voice which shouts, and learn to listen to the Small Still Voice with which you have never been without.

Excerpted from the book Listen Hear, A Divine Love Story by Debra Clemente
Enjoy the view, wherever life takes you. ~ Debra Clemente