Divine Love, Judgment and Life Challenges

A forum for Al to post his musings
Jan
Family

Re: Divine Love, Judgment and Life Challenges

Post by Jan »

Geoff,
Thanks so much for your views. They don’t in the least offend me because they are your views. That comes with the beautiful gift of free will that God has given us.

I choose to believe the messages not the messenger of the Padgett messages. The messages at the bottom of this post came from your website and were brought to Mr. Padgett by Jesus and John and there is even another message from Helen herself regarding the non-existence of fallen angels.
I know that it is very largely believed in the churches that there are such beings as devils of whom Satan is the chief, but such belief is wholly erroneous and has worked a great injury to the cause of truth and to my teachings

If James Padgett did get it wrong, I also with certainty believe that Jesus would have pointed out that error to him. Jesus worked so fervently to finally get the truths to us and he would not have let it gone uncorrected much less in print if indeed it was in error.

If I am at liberty to pick and choose which messages that I feel are right and wrong then I might as well disregard the messages as a whole. Isn’t that what has happened to the bible with a few people distorting the words said by Jesus and the apostle to what they believe was in error? As Jesus also stated in the messages our beliefs don’t change what is truth. Truth is Truth.

I truly hope that I didn’t give the impression that James Padgett personally or as a medium was on pedestal for me as my relationship with God and of receiving his Divine Love and my soul development is of the highest importance to me. And as Al so rightly described - my soul is singing.
With respect, hugs and love,
Jan

January 2nd, 1916.
Received by James Padgett.
Washington D.C.
I am here, Jesus:
I come to tell you that you have not been in a very good condition of spirituality since last night when you read that book.
Well, in the first place I want to say that there are no such things as the fallen angels or any spirits except the spirits of those who once lived as mortals and who are living now as spirits. Of course many of them are what may be called evil spirits but they are not devils in the sense that the author describes them.
There never were any rebellions in heaven of any of the angels of God and whenever such a thing is mentioned in the Bible it has no foundation in fact for there never was a Seraphim or any other angel that fell and became the devil or Satan as he is called and you must not let your thoughts disturb your belief in our writing to you for we who profess to write to you actually do write. I know that it is very largely believed in the churches that there are such beings as devils of whom Satan is the chief, but such belief is wholly erroneous and has worked a great injury to the cause of truth and to my teachings.
The men who teach this false doctrine will have a great sin to atone for when they come to the spirit world and especially will the author of the book you were reading and not only for this false doctrine but for others which he teaches. He will find as soon as his breath leaves the body that there is a spirit world and that he is a living spirit and one who will find come to him the recollections of all his false teachings. I know that it may be said that he actually believes what he preaches but that fact will not alter the fact that his teachings are untrue and that he must pay the penalties of these false teachings until at last they shall no longer exist on earth.
This may seem unjust when it is considered that he may be honest in his beliefs, but as I said on earth, the man who believes these false doctrines and teaches other men to believe them will have to pay the penalties of results of these teachings - not because they injured him and not even if taught insincerely - but because they injured others and as a consequence placed those whom he taught in a condition which is not in unison with the truth or with the laws of God. And that condition can only be reversed (reinclosed - as printed) by the truth (or knowledge of the truth) being possessed by these misguided beings. They can only come into the possession of the truth by being untaught as it were these falsehoods and being taught the truths. This will be the work of the author mentioned and all those who assist him in teaching these doctrines until all who have ever been deceived by such teachings have been shown the error of the same and brought to a knowledge of the truth.
This will arise not because of any special punishment inflicted upon him by God, but because of his realization of the great harm he has done to those who believed in and followed him in these teachings. He will need no other punishment than that of his own recollection and his conscience.
So I say, give no further heed to what you may have read and believe that I Jesus am actually writing to you and that all the others who claim to write are the spirits that they actually represent themselves to be.

January 3rd, 1916.
Received by James Padgett
Washington D.C.
I am here, Jesus.
I am with you tonight to warn you against letting any doubt enter your mind or heart, as to our actually writing to you, for we and none other are actually in communication with you.
The book that you read (Pastor Russell - On Spiritualism) is a snare and a lie, for there are no angels who have become devils as the author of that book declares. Never were there any angels who through ambition or any other reason revolted against the power of government of God, and thereby lost their estate as angels. Never was there any Lucifer, and never were there any angels who were thrown from the battlements of heaven into hell, as it has been written and as I told you before, there are no devils and no Satan, considered as real persons and fallen angels.
The only spirits in the spirit world are those who at one time were mortals and who lived lives on earth, shorter or longer, and whenever angels are mentioned in the Bible, or rather in the New Testament in places which contain my sayings or those of the apostles, and I mean those sayings which were actually said, the word angel always refers to the spirit of some mortal who had passed the line between life and death as commonly understood.
I desire to tell you of these things at large very soon and to instruct you as to who were the angels of God that are supposed to have had an existence prior to the creation of man and of the world; and who the inhabitants of heaven were before the Spirit of God entered into man and caused him to become a living soul as the Bible says. But the time is not yet ripe for me to instruct you in these matters, because there are so many more important truths to be first taught you, truths which are vital to man's salvation and happiness to those on earth and in the spirit world.
But this you must believe, that no devils ever write you or in any manner manifest to or through any of the numerous mediums who are used to show the existence of spirits of men in the spirit world, no matter whether these mediums be good or evil. There are spirits of all kinds just as there are mortals of all kinds, having all the traits and characteristics of mortals, and some of these spirits may be justly called wicked or evil spirits, and even devils. But they are nothing more or less than spirits such as I describe.
l know that the belief of the majority of mankind is that there are such things as devils and that they are independent creations of God, made by Him to tempt and inflict all kind of trouble and unhappiness on mortals, and because of the great number of years that these beliefs have existed, and the fact that many of the churches still teach that such devils do exist, and are at all times trying to tempt and injure men, it is hard and will be difficult to induce men to believe that there are no such things as devils, which is the truth.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jan,

I dont propose to add to my post, excepting to point out that you have probably misunderstood at least some of it.
I know that it is very largely believed in the churches that there are such beings as devils of whom Satan is the chief, but such belief is wholly erroneous and has worked a great injury to the cause of truth and to my teachings

The Urantia Book does not claim that Lucifer was a devil. It is correct to state that there never were any beings created by God that are so powerful (and evil) that we cannot withstand them.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Well Geoff, you may be right about my motives but I do believe there is much more than the pursuit of perfection in my efforts. We are all on a journey to discover our true selves, our souls and to discover meaning in our lives. Not to mention finding out who God really is. Does this all roll up into a package called the pursuit of perfection? I'm not sure if that is the right description for my motives. It is certainly one goal but I am so far from it that it is not one I see as practically obtainable at this time. Perfection is on the back burner, living a full and spiritual life is a better description of my motives. Learning how to give and receive love may be another. Perfection sounds a bit clinical and this is a more organic effort full of many imperfections and pitfalls. Perfection of my soul will come in time with enough of God's transformative Love but I have a long way to go.
The Uranthian and the Padgett books do seem at odds regarding the Lucifer story as Jesus clearly states that an angel by the name of Lucifer never existed nor was there any heavenly war. This concept does fly in the face of a universe created in harmony. An angel cannot be an angel without being a part of such harmony. This begs the question; can angels change their minds and remove themselves from their exalted state of perfection and harmony in the Celestial heavens? Can a spirit willfully go backwards in their soul progression after receiving such an abundance of God's Love? Or put another way....is war possible in heaven? These in my mind are ridiculous questions but I'm playing the devils advocate here :twisted: :lol: . In my mind, they are the central issues of the discussion around the Lucifer issue and yes Geoff I understand that the Lucifer that you are referring to is not the devil. But without reading the whole story as laid out in the Uranthia, these questions seem relevant in order to validate your point. I hope I'm not walking into a very long dialogue here discussing the veracity of this book. Quite frankly I have no vested interest in verifying or discrediting these writings because they have no relevance to my spiritual life. It's just another publication like thousands of others that line the book shelves of your local book store. Each happily confirming or contradicting the other. Padgett is no different in this regard. The mind of man can create more contradictions than truths because of it's inherent capabilities and flaws so I will reiterate again that I understand that truth will never be fully understood with words, intellect or books. Real truth comes with soul perception. Soul perception comes with the development of the soul with the abundant infusion of God's Love. Until we are at that place of soul wisdom and perception ( maybe this is what perfection is eh Geoff) we will never know truth in all it's perfection. Everything else that is spoken here is really just idyll speculation and as such is welcome by me but not seen as God's Truth, just a shadow of it.

Some day we will know the truth but until that day comes, we will continue to speculate from our own limited perceptions and mindful biases. That is the human condition and our present goal is to navigate through this forest of half truths to real and clear truth. Geoff, you are an ardent navigator and it has brought you through some pretty exotic forests. I respect your motives and your efforts but surely you can see my point that none of us have that clear perspective that I refer to. There are no authorities here. Just fellow travelers that want to share the road and my soul soars at the prospect of where we may travel together. I truly believe that God has brought us together here in order to learn from one another. We are in a rock tumbler filled with Divine grit that is polishing us all up. Eventually the light will shine through us as we release the encrustations. As your friend and willing traveler, I honor everyone who wants to journey towards truth. May that journey be filled with Love, joy and surprises. God has so much in store for us in the flow that is eternity. With love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Hi Geoff & Al -

Geoff I like what you said about how spirits interact and use whatever to get us to "truth." That has been my experience. A purely fictional story which is obviously not "true" can convey "truth." In my recent personal experience and which has been confirmed in The Richard Messages (TRM) - which I received a preview of over a year ago and thought as I do about most channeled material: interesting, but mostly for the medium, and the information is stuff the medium would know or have seen at some point in their physical existence, e.g., James Reid is a medical doctor, so I wasn't surprised to read a message that deals with the nuerochemical basis of emotions. In some traditions the individual (or tribe) is the "center of the universe," wherever they are is the center. I think that is probably how it goes with our experience and sometimes we fail to realize how much the universe really is operating around us as individuals. Picture each individual operating in their own "sphere" and that they overlap and intersect with other individuals they encounter. That perception is really all we can truly know, because we know from experience and who else's experience do we have but our own? I can read about all kinds of stuff (and have) and gain "knowledge," but until I have experienced it I don't truly know - I may form some beliefs. Once I have experienced whatever for my Self I have "wisdom." TRM speak to this, but do not use the word wisdom. They say knowledge is acquired through lived experience. TRM also emphasizes to focus on one's own seemingly mundane (for some!) day to day living. Pay attention to the small stuff (very much Buddhist mindfulness if you want my best comparison).

Al you came across to me as a fundamentalist. That is why I lost interest in this forum and stopped reading - was led to take a look yesterday and noticed your post which was of interest since I had read all the messages from the gathering and they came across to me as "dueling mediums". I grew up in a fundamentalist religion and that type of thinking doesn't interest me. Most have no ability to comprehend anything that is outside their beliefs. My family is still of that mindset and seem to be quite happy. Deeply held beliefs can be very comforting because we feel we have all the answers. (My personal experience tells me it's not about the answers, but more about the questions. I think God likes questions - imagine a child asking a parent detailed questions about a gift they parent has given the child, how does it work, etc.) My experience was that in the spiritual realm they story can take on whatever form that it takes to get YOU to know the Truth of your Being (which is in God). Being a little slow on the uptake it took quite an elaborate experience for me to get the message and truly know in my own being that what I believed intellectually is true.

My perception of you now Al is that you have had your own personal experience and that is the basis which you so loquaciously share from. I appreciate that now as I didn't before. What I experienced is that God is always smiling on us with approval - when I judge someone or something as inferior (just because I don't necessarily relate or see the value the other person might perceive) I am damaging myself. My job as a beloved child of God is to be a "Caretaker" and I am to care for everyone and everything in my sphere of existence down to the seemingly inconsequential. I have a nephew who just turned one in May. I ALWAYS give him a big smile of approval no matter what he is doing (based on my study of lifespan development). He lights up every time. He can even be sitting with his mother and nearly dosing off, but if I walk by and smile at him he will sit up and look at me and smile back. That is my best analogy of my God relationship. As the prayer says, God is smiling on us. It's ours to accept that.

While I have looked into the 11:11 stuff when introduced to it a while back, I don't personally find it of interest. I think all this seeing of 11:11 and 4:44, etc., is probably all "observation selection bias." But it is great fun, no? That's how I look at much of what I witness now. I now know what my "truth" is for myself. I read through the Urantia Book when I was in seminary (it was in the library). Totally amazed by it, until I read Gardner's book on how it was produced. Still pretty incredible. Does it have some truth to it? I would say yes. Is it true? I have my doubts. The brain in conjunction with the spirit world can create incredible things. Does it matter to me personally? Not in the least. I would caution as TRM does (and as Padgett instructs) about beliefs that we should probably let go of or be willing to let go of beliefs otherwise we can easily get stuck as is what happens to spirits in the lower realms. TRM speak of having a willingness to accept new information. For myself, I am working on accepting what is brought to me in my day to day living by the people I encounter and the situations that arise. They are chock full of all the info that I need to be reminded of where I am going: developing my soul condition to be more in line with God's. For me, divine love is unconditional love, I think I am called to divine love: to love as God loves.

Peace
Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Gee Dean, we seem to have been writing in tandem as when I posted my latest post I saw yours there after it. Timing is everything eh? :lol: You bring up some very good points here Dean and your feed back for me is true to a certain extent. My goal here is to keep my own mind and possibly the minds of others focused on receiving Divine Love. If you have no interest in that pursuit then I'm sure it will seem a little repetitive, narrow and even annoying. As to your points about living life to the fullest is your best teacher, I couldn't agree more. How else do we learn to be loving if we don't get out there and love? You are right on brother. I hope that you read my pervious post since I believe we are making very similar points just, of course, in different words.

As for dueling mediums, I think it may appear this way but from my perspective it was a harmonious affair with no competition. Just lots of information shared by spirit. I try not to get my ego involved in this gift as there is nothing more poisonous to it than a willful use of it to feed the ego. I went to Collaundra (sp) with no intention of being used in this way because my impression was that my gifts were not needed. That was a bit of a relief from my perspective but surprisingly spirit had different ideas. As one who does still suffer from performance anxiety ( here's where the ego comes in), it is often a relief not to be on in this way. I am often a reluctant medium because I do not like being the focus in the group. Basically I am rather shy. Are there subconscious desires and needs influencing my motives? I would honestly think so but I'm not altogether aware of what they are. We all have a need to be seen and recognized so this must come into play. The push pull of being out there and withdrawing are always in play for me. A psychologist may asses that in order to compensate for my shyness, I am manufacturing spirit communications. Well, I think that is a crock but other than my own experience with channeling, I can't definitively argue against such perceptions. It's up to those who are a part of such a group experience to analyze what is going on. Those who are looking in from the outside will invariably have many ideas and projections about it. Dean, I appreciate your feed back but unless you were there, it is pretty hard to have a good idea of the dynamics of the group experience . I know that you are just being open and honest and in this regards I respect your efforts to be this way.

My question for you Dean is what kind of community or forum are you looking for? I sincerely hope that you are getting something out of it. My true hope is that your soul gleans some inspiration to continue to pursue God's great Divine Love. That is our focus here. Do our conversations about our spiritual pursuits and beliefs resonate or irritate. Probably both eh? ;) . I hope you will stick with it here and have tolerance for this stubborn, somewhat fundamentalist guy who loves to spout off about his spiritual life. Maybe we'll learn something from one another? God bless for now.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Dean,
I enjoy reading your posts.....thanks for contributing! Are you planning to attend the 100th anniversary retreat In Washington? Love to meet you there for these kind of discussions in person!
All the best to you on your spiritual journey! Lovingly, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Dennis and Al, thank you! i choose to not enter into this discussion. i will say that it clearly says in the Messages from Jesus and Celestials, an admonition. i'll paraphrase; "Oh preacher and teacher, thy responsibility is great! First know the Truth (message from John April 6th or 7th 1916 on how to obtain a knowledge of Truth), then teach the Truth." The messages that came from the Celestials are full of expressions of the experience of former teachers and preachers who paid a price or penalty (for the unlovingness or violation of the Spiritual Laws of Love and Harmony, by the Law itself) for teachings and preaching of these teachings that were not of Truth. I feel sorry for those that insist on doing so, but i no longer feel the urgency or necessity for attempting dialog or discussion with those who want to be right, rather than question the truth of their own thoughts and beliefs (bias). It is their journey, not mine. May it be one of Harmony.

love, dave k.
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Hi Al -

I appreciate your post and your questions. I don't know that I'm looking for anything in particular now. Like I said, my guides nudged me to take a look as I hadn't looked at the forum in months I don't believe. I guess there was a little too much certainty for my taste (at least at the time). I got to the Padgett Messages via AJ Miller so have had that baggage to deal with. At one point four years ago I discarded all my hard copies of the Padgett Messages (Joseph's chronological volumes) as well as the RJ Lee's trilogy and said to heck with all that crap. I wasn't reading anything from mediums that they couldn't have come up with on their own based on their life experience or readings. (I still think that is in large part the case.) I had a personal experience or tour as I am calling it of the hells and other non-celestial realms (1st sphere at most). My thinking about this was all wrong and I have a completely different perspective now. It's the difference between knowing something from reading it (or a belief) and knowing something because you have experienced it. It was a "come to Jesus" of sorts for me. I now have a lot more empathy period.

Peace
Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dean wrote: My thinking about this was all wrong and I have a completely different perspective now.
Hi Dean,

Yes you certainly do "sound" different. Glad you can move on, as it were.

hugs
Geoff
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Hi Jeanne -

Sorry, I was rushing out the door yesterday and didn't get a chance to reply. I doubt I will be in D.C. as I just started a new job and won't have vacation for a year. I appreciate your thoughts though.

Geoff - Thanks for noticing. I guess it is all relative, considering how "abrasive" you are I sound like a pussycat. HAH!

; - Dean
(I never lost my sense of humor in it all!)
- Dean
281|780|9014