Divine Love, Judgment and Life Challenges

A forum for Al to post his musings
Dean
Happy Camper

Re: Divine Love, Judgment and Life Challenges

Post by Dean »

Hi Brian -

I agree with your assessment. For me at least, all the esoteric and gnostic stuff is a distraction. It is all I can do to follow the great commandment. (Love God, love your neighbor, love yourself.) The other stuff is interesting to a degree and I would say and think most people that know me would say I am very well read across a number of subjects. I think I have a knack for seeing commonalities and correlations. So with regards to other material such as 11:11 I would say like the historical Jesus said, "He who isn't against us, is for us." I'm not interested in discussing theology as I find it to be pointless. I have a mystic's perspective and think in terms of cosmology both macro and micro. What The Richard Messages instruct that I find valuable is to pay attention to one's own microcosm - the people around you, the situations that develop, and your interactions with them. This will reveal all I need to know about my own soul condition (in my opinion). In the past I have had a "spirit of haughtiness" and nothing in my experience was ever good enough or worthy of my attention. TRM says that is our school of love. After my experience, I feel humbled, as well as grateful for what I have.

Peace
Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote:That doesn't mean that we shouldn't go looking for it because passivity usually means stagnation but it's where and how we look is the question. Is our quest more soul oriented or intellectually oriented? Everyone has within them two minds. The soul mind and the material mind. They operate in very different ways and progress differently.
Dear Al,

I get the impression that you have the opinion that the very act of reading something, automatically makes it a lower level mindal experience? And that to get a real useful soul truth, one should not read anything, just pray?

Perhaps I have made this very black/white in order to expose what i see?

But I think it gets to a few things that keep on popping up. I really don't care if you choose to never read another thing, including this post of mine. :lol: :roll: I truly am ok with that! Can you become ok with me reading stuff? I do not put you down because you have chosen this stance, even though I can see you believe that to be the case. It simply makes it harder to communicate to you things that are in print, and easily accessed. As a case in point, even though I don't wish to be explicit about a private conversion we had recently, if you were to read even one of the three small books on the topic, you would have to change your opinion on a matter. I accept you won't, but maybe you can see that its then hard to have any real meaningful conversation when I perceive you don't have a balanced opinion on something?

Now to get back to the question I posed. Is the act of reading automatically something that excludes the soul? Of course it does not. The spirit mind is an aspect of the soul, even though the spirit mind is of the material, and the soul mind is not. It is the soul perceptions that I had, in 1999 that enabled me to sense that a message from Jesus had a deep truth, and it was my material mind that then said : "Well just test it". I had soul perceptions long before I ever heard of Padgett. We all do.

And my reading all sorts of material is about becoming a more rounded person. Its not about trying to satisfy some sort of insanely hungry material mind. It certainly has enabled me to fight off a human tendency to fundamentalism, because I know the Truth is literally everywhere. It certainly enables me to see value in what others believe that may be different to what I believe.

And as I have tried to tell you before, my interest, my whole life's focus is on reaching out to others. To do this I try to understand where they are. And I find that this is best accomplished in the way I go about it. Now I don't think you had that interest the last 40 years? But curiously you now stand at the beginning of a new career, and you will have to at least listen to what others who come your way have to say. For example I am reading a book now that Brian H recommended and a very large part of my excitement is discovering, yet again I may add, a catholic cleric who by my reckoning could not have existed in that church. But he did, and he was highly regarded. It causes me to reassess what is possible inside rigid structures, especially the Catholic structure. And of course I can then refer a Catholic to that book, and its more effective than trying to argue with them using sources they won't read, or don't value.

hugs
Geoff
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Geoff, I am curious about the book recommended to you by Brian H. Having read it, have you now recommended it to Brian I. (BB+)?

JB
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Joseph,

Yes I have mentioned it to him, and bought him a printed copy. Not because i think he will gain a great deal from the content, but because it illustrates a Catholic clerics perception of the spiritual realities and how healing occurs.

I wish I could have met him in the flesh, and had long conversations with him. I would love for example to have told him about William E. Gray and his approach: Born to Heal. I do think he has a measure of the truth, but I also think he was not even aware of many other aspects that would have broadened his perspective. For example his experience was that waving his hand in front of a person with a need for healing, would allow him to sense the problem area, and the very act of waving the hand, altered the field and began a feedback to the body that was previously lacking. This feedback energy loop then caused the body to heal itself, in his view. And it was also his view that the energy blockage that caused the feedback to cease, is what led to the dis-ease.

I don't reject that idea, indeed it makes a lot of sense to me, but its very different to my remote healing process, when I can feel the energy leave me, and I do not direct the energy, and I have no idea about what it will do, or needs to do. But over the years I have become more confident of when I have achieved a healing. I am sure in my case other parties are responsible for guiding this energy. Why is this different? I have no idea but recall an ancient spirit tell Al that he had been healing 3000 years and could still learn something every day.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I guess your assumption Geoff is that I am not learning anything. I don't think that you are in a position to ascertain that. I didn't say that others should not read or explore. I think you have me all wrong in this regard. I'm trying to say that there is also another way to explore the truth. A higher and certainly not so readily accessible way but it does exist. I've experienced it myself. Books are great but a soulful connection with God is awesome. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm glad that you are getting enjoyment out of your reading. I unfortunately have little time to do so and when I'm over in Blackpool, I'm sure I will have no time at all for it. We all go our different ways. That's life my friend and it was ever thus. God bless.....Al

PS : I do believe that mind learning is lower level but considering where we exist, It's obviously very necessary. I'm trying to reach for the ideal here. Can you allow me some leeway to stretch to something higher? Isn't that our goal?
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote:I guess your assumption Geoff is that I am not learning anything.
No I did not say that. But I have yet to find any new advanced truth put forward to our community by anyone who claims that they came into this as "soul knowledge". I do know that the late Sai Baba made that claim, as to whether it was ever tested I don't know. Curiously he passed to the fourth sphere. I do know that many, including you have been on this path a very long time, (much longer than I) and without cornering you, I would expect you might be disappointed to be no further than the Fourth? So where is this fount of knowledge then? And when will it bear fruit?

Jesus actually received his knowledge by direct conversation with Father. Better than reading a book, but it was not by the process you seem to prefer. And Jesus was "only" 30 odd years on the path. We have quite a few have been on the path longer. Can they say they know as much as Jesus did? No they can't. And it is the case Jesus studied the Old testament very closely. Of course he had nothing else at that time. I might venture to suggest he needed to know the Old Testament because that was what his audience knew. But its also obvious he learned a great deal there, in that text, that they had not.
AlFike wrote:PS : I do believe that mind learning is lower level but considering where we exist, It's obviously very necessary. I'm trying to reach for the ideal here. Can you allow me some leeway to stretch to something higher? Isn't that our goal?
Does that include Jesus learning from Father via conversation? It would seem then, you don't accept that our soul perceptions can be applied to what you read? And of course I allow you the right to do whatever you choose. This is just a discussion of our perspectives. Which are frequently different. :lol:

hugs
Geoff
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Your link for a Kindle version of the book you referenced on your site seems to be broken Geoff. I should add that I appreciate the great service you do by converting material into Kindle format.

Thank you,

- Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I wasn't aware that I was supposed to come up with new stuff Geoff. How would that inspire us to continue to pray for more of God's Love? We seem to be entering into a circular argument here and I'm not willing to chase my tail . As I have said and you have confirmed, our approach is different and the most loving way is to accept that. At least I try to state what I know in mostly loving terms only to have you challenge and at times denigrate it. I'm still willing to stick my neck out in this way but I'm sure tired of getting my head chopped off every time you disagree. But you see that as your role and I do see the necessity of that at times. I would however appreciate an effort from you to write something from your perception of what you think the truth is regarding the Divine Love in comprehensive form. Lets see how you do in this regard rather than being the critic. It's easy to criticize, not so easy to be the initiator. With respect.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
brian_holmes
Happy Camper

Post by brian_holmes »

Dean wrote:I should add that I appreciate the great service you do by converting material into Kindle format.
I would like to second Dean's praise of Geoff's work in publishing and bringing to the attention of everyone all of this spiritual material. It's like the menu at a restaurant of Divine Love related spirituality. You can order what you want or just get the water. I will probably end up gorging myself.

I particularly agree with Geoff's comment that (paraphrased) if someone had enough Divine Love their soul perceptions should allow them to distinguish truth in what we read and what is not truth. Also I agree that being well read in the subject is a good thing in terms of outreach and being able to speak to the different paths to God (for instance recommending a certain book to a Catholic that they'd be more likely to read).

As Geoff points out, Jesus really only had the Old Testament and his communion with God. I believe this bolsters Al's point that we don't need to read widely in spiritual literature to progress in Divine Love.

http://new-birth.net/books_spiritual_development.htm

Blessings,

Brian H
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dean wrote:Your link for a Kindle version of the book you referenced on your site seems to be broken Geoff. I should add that I appreciate the great service you do by converting material into Kindle format.

Thank you,

- Dean
Thanks Dean, I have fixed it, and it should now download a mobi file. I suspect that link has never worked.

hugs
Geoff