My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

A forum for Al to post his musings
Connie
Busy Bee

Re: My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

Post by Connie »

My dear Divine Love friends and family,

Ohh, some long posts here, love them and love you :D

What is especially interesting to me is the discussion embedded here, whether praying for the Divine Love alone will take away all sins and errors or whether you may need some "natural paths stuff", like therapy/bodywork to do the work. It is something I have been given a lot of thought, since it seems we have different views, which is of course all well, just it is really interesting.

It would be wonderful to hear of your experiences, and here is mine:

My own path has been a lot of therapy / body work since I came from a place of much selfhatred / feelings of unworthiness. I believe there are many, many forms of sins and errors, which I define as everything not of love, and selfhatred is a real common one, I guess. Then of course there are all the obvious things you can do towards yourself and others.

I have wondered and still do, whether praying alone would have made it possible for me to feel the Love? I don't think so, but I cannot know since I didn't try praying until I had come to love myself just a little bit. I think for many people it is necessary to get in touch with your feelings which for people who have felt violated / abused in some way can be very difficult, since part of their dealing with what has happened to them, was to try to cut of those feelings.

Just this morning after reading the posts here, I read this message from Jesus in the Padgett Messages: "When the soul is in a condition of sin and error it is not responsive to the inflowing of the Holy spirit, and in order to get awakening as to its actual condition of enslavement by these things; and until such an awakening comes to it there is no posibility of its receiving the Love of God into it, and of turning its thoughts to the truths of God and to the practices of life that will help it in its progresss towards a condition of freedom.

I would not have mankind believe that any soul is compelled to stay in this condition of slavery to sin until the Holy Spirit comes to it with the Father's love to bestow it in all abundance for the mission of the Holy Spirit is not to awaken mans soul to a realization of sin and death, but merely to bring to that soul this Love when it, the soul, is ready to receive it."

Maybe I am wrong, but I understand this as you might be in a condition where you cannot receive the love, and therefore might do "something" first. What do you think?

Love always, always love,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty - God's gift to you is Truth
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Connie, thank you so very much for your honest and vulnerable share. Many of us human beings have self hatred, and from the physical, psychological, and spiritual environments that we grew up in.

That quote from the Messages is so very important and vital. Many people are asleep, unaware of the effects brought about by a lifetime of the causes of thought and beliefs to that ACTUAL CONDITION (of mind and soul, as one effects the other). The precursor to these spiritual awakenings, in my direct experience, is the desire for only the truth, and the willingness to face those inherited thoughts and beliefs that not only retard our spiritual progress, but may also prevent the soul development in Divine Love by interfering with the free will in our souls in the sincere, earnest longings and aspirations to God for the Divine Love itself.

Having been involved in energy work since 1974, and massage therapy and other forms of bodywork since 1993, I have experienced many different types of awakening, especially in terms of what you speak to as to our beliefs of unworthiness or unlovability. I have also experienced the psycho-spiritual (if you wish to call it that) benefits of the practice of the 12 Steps and the rigorously honest they demand for developing an ability to be thorough in taking ones own inventory on a daily basis (the truth of our mental thoughts and beliefs that pervert the love in our souls). I have been in this fellowship on a daily basis for many many years, often for 4 or 5 hrs a day spent with others who have chosen this path and been able to listen to their experiences in dis-ease and in spiritual growth, observe the dramatic changes in attitude and behavior towards the innate qualities and attributes of the soul in goodness, caring, kindness, compassion, tolerance and unconditional acceptance. At the same time they are a community of some of the most direct and forthright of people in their desire to help others see the truth that will set them free from their own enslavement.

much love to you Connie and to all, your brother and friend Dave k.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

So nice to hear from you Connie and I see that you are keeping the door open to a very important discussion.

I think it is best that I tell my story in relation to my perceptions of my own spiritual and mental condition at the time of learning about the Divine Love. At the time I had many feelings of self loathing and insecurities. I was a young man of twenty years who, like many young men of my day, was out to explore the world and experience life. In my teens I was a loner and very locked up in my shell. I was painfully shy and suffered from a level of self esteem that was pitiful. In that time I was a nerdy, sharp tongued , awkward and a shy boy who was extremely lacking in social skills. I credit this stuck state of being to an inner sensitivity that, at the time, I loathed but have since come to fully appreciate. I also carried around a heavy burden of worry for a very depressed mother and anxiety derived from a lot of physical and verbal abuse received as a child. I was certainly not in the best psychological state of mind. I was never suicidal but man was I depressed. At about age 17, I decided I had had enough of my lonely, depressing life and started to grow my hair long and try to emulate the hippie life style. This was a very big contrast to how I looked and behaved previously. In time I got the hang of it and eventually made some friends after graduating from high school and attending university. In this opening up to the world came a desire to seek spiritually which I equated to seeking different levels of consciousness. I began to read all the books of the day from Ram Das to Edger Casey. In time I found the Japanese religion known as Johray. This met my spiritual needs for awhile and I have written about this time in my life and how I discovered Divine Love in Joan Warden's book Divine Love for the Soul. I will not go into these details now but suffice to say that something in me longed for spiritual succor. Did I have my act together emotionally or psychologically at the time? I was not as locked up as before but the emotional issues and traumas of childhood were not in any way dealt with but merely suppressed. On the surface, I was an earnest young man who was instinctively trying to do good for myself and to do good in the world. My locked up issues however did not prevent me from finding and experiencing the inflow of Divine Love. I felt it powerfully and abundantly and for a few years I was in the honeymoon phase of my spiritual journey and happily so. I was still somewhat shy and insecure. I lacked a large measure of confidence and I became hurt very easily yet I felt the joyful awakening of my soul in tandem with these vulnerabilities and dysfunctions in my being.

I believe that I have mentioned on several occasions about those times when the soul begins it's cleansing. The emotional traumas and memories of those traumas rise up to our consciousness in weird and very unwelcome ways. Restlessness, anger that seems to pop up from nowhere, increased sensitivity, erratic emotions ,misplaced feelings towards others all manifested in my being through these intense expiations of the soul. And at times it seemed to never end. Through all this however, my spiritual helpers both in spirit and here on earth were there to help and reassure me that this process was necessary and valid for the cleansing and growth of my soul. In time, these periods lessened and now are very fleeting. Even through the most difficult of times, I feel emotionally strong and stable and that consciousness of God's presence is there. I am a different person and the promise of healing and vitality on all levels was correct. The process worked and I am here to testify to that fact. Divine Love cleanses the soul and in that cleansing, the old clinkers of past traumas and memories are expelled. But there is more to this simple story of emotional redemption.

Ok, so that is my testimony to the veracity of the power of the Divine Love to heal the soul and consequently to heal the mind as well. I have given you the short version of the story however. The long version is that I have attended several intense retreats which delve into emotional traumas and pain. I was guided by my angel friends to go because after several years of receiving the Love, I felt very emotionally stuck. I needed an emotional plumber to unstop the pipes so to speak. And during that period of feeling stuck, I did not feel much of the Love or God's presence. It was fleeting and I felt abandoned. My guides urged me to go to some workshops I had heard about which specialized in facilitating emotional healing. They used gestalt methods and acupressure. I was so nervous when I arrived that when I went to introduce myself to my room mate, I forgot my own name :? . I was petrified. :shock: . I laugh now as I recall these moments as my fears were completely unfounded and the healing I received there was nothing short of miraculous. And through the healing process which involved reliving some very painful memories and feeling more emotional and physical pain that I had ever felt before, I also felt God's presence and loving care in the intensity. It was deeply spiritual. Now these were 'natural love techniques' as Geoff calls them and despite his concern that I reject the idea of using these techniques, I do indeed endorse them in the right measure and they do work. My concern is that it is easy to get completely immersed in this and thereby loose the focus of receiving Divine Love. I have a strong spiritual support group in my life and in this, I have had help to keep my focus. Such a blessing to have this loving support in my life and this gift is not shared by many of you out there. Most of you are alone in your pursuit and I am sorry that this is the case. I believe that this isolation can make it easy to be distracted from your goal of receiving the Love yet I know that God will always bring us back on track . It is easy to be distracted because these techniques and programs are readily available, emotionally satisfying and in some ways far less subtle than receiving Divine Love. It can be difficult to consistently remain focused on receiving the Love and opening the doors to these emotionally intense methods can be a great lure away from the end goal. I'm not saying here to stay away, I'm merely putting up a flag of caution as to how far one should go on this healing journey. Timing and choice of method is very important in this regard. Yet if you feel compelled to facilitate your inner healing in this way then I say go for it. Even if, by chance, you get distracted for a time, I believe that God will pull you back on track.

In closing, I do not believe that one is unable to feel the Love until you have cleared out the you know what within. This will have to be dealt with in time but God in His mercy will bestow the Love upon anyone who desires it. We have been told by our teachers that a mind distorted will not prevent the receiving of the Love into a soul. That receptivity is not contingent on having inner emotional harmony although at times and in certain circumstances, this may be the case. If this were to be so in every circumstance, then very few in this world would receive it and very few of us would have felt this blessing because we all carry baggage. Desire is everything as we beseech the Father for this blessing of Love. Desire can come out of pain or it can come out of joy. It is not contingent on the state of the soul in regards to being in a dark or inert state, it requires us to yearn and to rise beyond and above this spiritually repressed state. The yearning may start with a thought about seeking God's presence in our lives. It may be a seed of curiosity or a crying out from our depths because of inner pain. Whatever way that yearning is expressed, it touches God and in turn God touches you. If this experience comes from a natural love technique then I say horray!. At least something very significant has happened.

Everyone will seek God in their own way and in their own time. None of us can judge another's journey. There is a prescribed path but then again there isn't a prescribed path. For you Connie, you came to God through some dramatic Natural path techniques. I have no judgment about this and I am very happy to call you my sister in the Love and you know how much I love and appreciate you. As you have said, we can only tell our stories. In sharing our perceptions, thoughts and experiences, we form greater understandings as to the meaning of this journey to discover God and ourselves. It is a treasured gift to have these things shared amongst us. We step out in love in this way because we are offering something deeply personal. That flower can be trampled under foot or revered according to our response and respect for that gift. In the end, we are all loved by God and given the opportunity to choose Love over pain, truth over error and as our souls are cleansed with the abundant inflowing of His Love, we are freed from our pain and error. It's up to us the route we take in order to get there. May we always support one another as we venture ever forward in His Love and promptings since we are all brothers and sisters hand in hand on the road to atonement. Your brother and friend....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
brother dave k.
Family

Al, thank you so much for sharing a part of your story. It is not very much different than my own (and has been published on different Divine Love sites for some years now). Your share has brought you very much closer to my heart my dear brother. I am thankful for your presence in the Divine Love movement, and the caring, wisdom and experiences that you so frequently share.

Your brother in the Spirit of the Christ,
dave k.
James
Busy Bee

Post by James »

Hello to all,
I have been following this thread with great interest as I am one who is receiving contemporary messages from a number of Celestial Spirits. The one with whom i communicate most frequently is Richard. He speaks a lot of the blending of the Divine and Natural Loves as a necessary function in living. I would like to share a message that I received today. It is rather long but this is in keeping with a series of long messages. I apologize in advance if it seems too long.
I offer this with my love for you all
Your brother and friend,
James Reid

47 Divine Love in Everyday Living
2014-02-14 Friday
Good afternoon dear friends. In discussion, a number of us have come to the conclusion that we have actually been receiving Divine Love during our lives prior to ever having heard of Divine Love. This leads to the conclusion that there are many people worldwide who are and have been receiving Divine Love without any awareness that this is so. This then raises the question if there are any religious or spiritual practices which render this more likely for an individual and also of the role of prayer in the receiving of Divine Love.

Good morning dear brother. We welcome your questions. They are timely and need to be asked. The consideration of these issues is important to remove any sense of superiority that any person may have by virtue of their knowing of Divine Love and of ways of facilitating its reception.
As has always been stated, Divine Love is a universal gift freely available to every human incarnate or in spirit. This was the case in the beginning of the human era and again since this was again made available at the time that Jesus walked on the earth and was able to announce this fact. The receipt of Divine Love has no preference for any race or creed nor does it necessarily require a belief in or acceptance of our Source, God. It is worth noting that this rebestowal of Divine Love did not occur because Jesus was born but was bestowed at that time in order that one who was aware of the existence of Divine Love and in full acceptance of the Living and Real Source, God Whom he recognised as Father of us all could announce this event from his deep knowledge that transcended any belief. He not only knew of the existence of Divine Love but lived in the knowledge of Love both Natural and Divine and knew of the ways that these interact and the ways in which man can live in this knowledge. In His Wisdom, Our Father knew that such information must be communicated through the agency of a man who had the full knowledge and experience of Divine Love.
You have all been taught of the necessity and role of prayer in the acknowledgement and receipt of Divine Love. This teaching is true. However it is necessary to examine the nature and purpose of prayer.
Is it essential that one pray in order to feel a connection with our Source, God?
Does the fact that one does pray necessarily establish a connection with our Source, God?
Do some pray ‘better’ or ‘more effectively’ than others and does this ensure that they receive more of the Divine Love?
What are the hallmarks of connection with our Source, God?
Is the experience of receiving Divine Love necessarily blissful or even perceptible by the receiver?
Why is it that some do indeed receive this wonderful gift without ever knowing of its existence and without ever actively trying to receive it?
Why is it that some do strive with great effort to receive Divine Love and remain convinced that they have failed to do so?
So many questions and I could go on endlessly with lists and lists of such questions every one of which would perhaps take us further from the truth. The truth takes us right back to the fundamentals of living a human life whether on earth or in spirit.
The deep essence of living from its beginning on earth is learning to live in loving harmony with all other humans without judgment or distinctions based on apparent differences. This can be further extended to living in harmony with all of life. Virtually everyone who exists today is having considerable difficulty in finding harmony with their immediate connections let alone the rest of humanity.
Most people have a concept that prayer is some sort of magic communication that sends a message to a God who will listen and then either answer positively or not at all. This is a misconception that results in considerable distortion of most person’s concept of what life and living really is.
You are well aware by now that we constantly speak of harmony and enjoin you to seek harmony with all that surrounds you. Very few really know what this means as most have lead an existence of considerable disharmony which they have been lead to believe was actually harmony.
True and complete harmony is present when one is living in total honesty, free of judgment, free of fear and with love of all with whom one is in contact. The depth of the harmony is affected by the level to which those with whom one is in contact are living in the same way. Ponder this statement and you will realise that I have said that one can actually experience true harmony even if one is the only one in that place who is doing so.
The beginning of universal harmony is in the experience of an individual. Each person’s harmony is independent of the experience of another. This you will know in time and may already have experienced to some degree perhaps for short periods.
The key to the receipt of Divine Love lies in harmony. The love is universally present and available to all at all times. It is not necessarily found by diligent seeking or by religious practises or by belief.
Divine Love will always come to one who is in harmony with oneself and, therefore, with our Source, God. One doesn’t ‘get’ Divine Love or earn it. One harmonises with it and it can then flow as it is designed to do.
Prayer, when understood and practised, is a process of harmonising with love, with God. Now here I say ‘love’ and not Divine Love for a very good reason. The love of each other is a very accessible experience for any human even though the world is full of evidence of the lack of love for one another.
Where else except in one’s immediate environment can one practise harmonising with self and others?
How can anyone truly seek Divine Love without the experience of the natural love? Everyone in the progress of their development is living in an environment of natural love in which one can fully experience the love of oneself and of others. This is simple undeniable fact.
Is it reasonable to expect to progress to what may seem to be another level of evolution without actually completing the level in which one is at present?
The actual nature of love both divine and natural is something that we will speak of at some length in the future and which is quite beyond your current understanding but which you need to deal with. All find difficulty as love as a word is an abstraction as is any noun. As such it has the meaning that any person gives it. Despite this, the truth is that love in any of its forms is a real substance that exists independent of the experience and beliefs of individuals. This is so even though most understand love based on their individual experiences and feelings of situations that they regard as loving, Love always exists, at least potentially, in every situation whether those present feel it or not
At the risk of over simplicity, I could say that what most regard of love is the feeling experienced at a moment of harmony with another or others or with their environment. This feeling is not love but an experience of harmony. In time you will understand this.
Then, the most common experience of harmony or of love occurs in harmonious interaction with oneself or with what appears to be ‘out there’.
When one is experiencing harmony in this way, is one more in harmony with our Source, God?
Is one in more harmony with Divine Love?
Is one more likely to receive Divine Love without even knowing and might the feeling of doing so be similar to the feeling called ‘love’?
These are all rhetorical questions with the one answer – Yes.
Therefore if any person is acting in ways that create harmony in themselves or with others or with living in general they are in position to receive Divine Love regardless of whether they know of it or not. Our Source, God is absolutely generous and has established this gift so that anyone who is living a human existence with genuine care for and interest in themselves and others with good will, acceptance and the willingness to stand aside from judgement of others and self has access to it. It is not difficult to receive Divine Love.
Most if not all who read these words will have had many experiences in their past in which they have acted in accord with the precepts stated above however small the experience may have seemed. Living is comprised of a multitude of tiny experiences every one of which counts in the production of what is called a life. Many have absolutely no awareness of how many acts of love they have made.
Divine Love must be seen and appreciated in the context of a full human existence that is lived in association with every other human being. Prayer must be seen in this context also. While nothing is demanded of any person, any act that leads to the production of greater harmony for one or more people is beneficial for all. It is quite a stretch to truly conceive of one’s personal and individual actions, thoughts and prayers in the overall context of Life Universal. It is enough initially to know that everyone of us is a contributor to Life Universal whether we are aware or not of this. No one is better or more deserving than another despite the present worldly concepts. A tiny action completed in the full sense of the above precepts may have far greater benefit that what may appear on the surface to be a major humanitarian act.
The most true prayer for Divine Love lies in the daily activity that each one conducts in their present environment. The prayer that one conducts in their private chamber is useless unless it is harmony with the actual acts of living on a daily basis. Honesty is not a cultivated appearance. It, like love, is real and cannot be faked. The earth and the lower spheres are all full of dissemblers who make no progress until they step clear of such acts and stand in the true honesty of their being.
Through all of the history of the human race there have been beliefs and practices developed which were claimed to bring one into greater harmony with our Source, God. Many of these involved isolation from the greater body of humanity or the denial of some of the basic nature of a human. Some of these beliefs and practices seem to have produced some remarkable people and one wonders how much more remarkable they may have been had they lived in the same way as fully functioning humans in the full circus of humanity.
Every person living on earth or in spirit has the capacity to live fully in the knowledge of themselves and in harmonious association with every other person regardless of who they are and what they look like and what their nature or personality is. When this is universal then will we have universal harmony. Until then every step that every person takes to experience harmony in their own lives contributes to their own harmony and is a step towards the Universal potential.
By all means spend time in individual prayer to our Source, God. By all means join together in common prayer for Divine Love. These are wonderful practices which bear great fruit. The greatest fruit is borne by the plant that is sown in and grows from fertile soil that is well maintained with the appropriate growth elements all of which are found in harmony.
There are stages in your progress when it is appropriate to focus one’s attention much more narrowly on Divine Love rather than the more general ways that I advocate here. Every person comes to this stage and the point of decision to move this way at the appropriate stage of their development. In progress and development as a human one can never ‘jump the gun’. In the harmony of the Laws of God every step follows the one before in precise and perfect sequence which is not to be denied. You have all been told how it is impossible in spirit to enter a sphere for which one is not fitted by virtue of soul development and the same applies at each step along the way.
If, at any time, you have a sense of frustration in your spiritual progress, and you all will, stop and think of this. Are you trying to step further than you may? In such a situation, my advice is to step back and to look long and hard at your everyday life and your feelings of harmony in yourself and with others. All spiritual progress is part and parcel of everyday living and the two can never be divorced. There are many who arrive here quite sure that they have lived very spiritual and loving lives only to be very surprised. Conversely there are many who arrive believing that they have lived little and insignificant lives also to be greatly surprised by the truth of their existence.
While Divine Love is a great and wonderful existence it can never make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. All spiritual progress is dependent on an individual’s involving themselves in all of the aspects of their lives as fully as possible without comparison with others and standing clear of judgment. Divine Love fosters the development of what exists and cannot develop what does not. The actions of everyday living provide the substance that is the fruit of any life. Because one knows of Divine Love in no way means that they have become better than or superior to another. Those who believe themselves to be following the Divine Love Pathway have the same needs in everyday life and the same opportunities as every other person on earth. The results of all of your desires will depend on your everyday living if you regard every step towards harmony as a prayer and make all endeavours to make every prayer a step towards harmony acknowledging one’s place in the whole.
In what I have said today there is much food for thought. Do not attempt to step further than you may but remain always aware that there are many steps to take and each one will flow easily at the appropriate time. This involves releasing struggle and developing awareness of the appropriate time and neither is easy to achieve. However each is eminently possible as we know who have done this and who know that each one of you can and will do this.
I leave you with much love and the blessings of all of us. The purpose of this message is to simplify your living, not to complicate it.

Richard, Celestial Teacher, brother and friend.
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Hi James -

As you probably know I have a pretty skeptical view of most mediums. If you think about the people involved with AJM everyone was always channeling 23rd level celestial spirits to confirm whatever. Very few people were connecting with more likely spirits - ordinary folks with no historical significance. My own guides are pretty ordinary. My great-grandmother Clara Schrader who passed long before I was born, but who knew my mother well - Clara probably knew that I needed all the help I could get from the get go! An Indian monk, another yet unidentified male and female, and most recently identified "Tom Brokaw" (from NBC News - I call him that because that is what his voice sounded like - yeah, like Padgett, I was totally incredulous when this happened - the next day I inquired as to who his voice reminded me of and "Tom Brokaw" was the answer - I listened to a video on YouTube and sure enough, so this is what I call them now: Clara & Co. and Tom Brokaw!).

This message resonates with what I'm personally getting as well, thanks for sharing it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the takeaway point that I got out of your message is that one should harmonize oneself with Source (God) in order to tune in to the experience of Divine Love. I'm eager to read responses from others.

- DS
- Dean
281|780|9014
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks James for this message. Unlike Fusionforward, some of this message resonates and some does not. I think this message is a beautiful treatise on the development of the natural love . It hits all the right notes and describes the struggles that we all have in the progression of our human selves to become good and loving people. I thank you James for adding this message to our site in this context that it does help us all as a guideline to become better people and that is a very important matter.

I do not resonate with the statement that God is somewhat impersonal and a universal force and that His Love can be just breathed in if you are in the right frame of mind. Or that we can receive it almost accidentally. We may be discussing semantics here or I may be misinterpreting these statements as there is a lot to wade through here but on these points I disagree. Maybe you can respond to these issues in greater depth. Our guidance and teachings have always stressed that we must be overt and consciously seeking the Divine Love.One may not identify it by this moniker but that soul longing and opening must be there in order to receive it. In my experience I have had a personal relationship with God who does have a location and presence outside of myself. God has been 'personal in His communication and loving care with me. I have even heard His voice speak to me directly.

My impression of what has been channeled here James is that it is dealing with a mind approach to the Divine Love rather than referring to a soul awareness of it. Every medium will color the messages coming through them with their own personal perspective and knowing that you are a doctor and obviously having a keen mind, it would be natural for you to approach things from this perspective. I must say that what comes through me has a very different tone and I am not sure whether this is due to personality and life experience or if the spirits involved are quite different. It's intriguing and a bit disturbing if I am to be honest here. I certainly don't wish to denigrate what is written here as I know what a vulnerable place this is to offer these messages as you have. Yet, I must say that that soul resonance does not come through for me when reading it. It certainly has much truth to it but as I have said, it feeds my mind but does not resonate with my soul. Yet, I'm sure many others will feel differently and different perspectives are necessary in order for us all to perceive truth. I wonder how others are receiving this message?

With much love and honest curiosity........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
brother dave k.
Family

Harmony has a very distinct energy within one's self. It is a soul perception, very much like the conscience. On some level a person always knows something about their condition of Harmony or dis-harmony. Just as we often know the effects of our thoughts, especially upon our own being. Nothing is hidden! We can choose to deny any negative thoughts and their effects upon us. We can rationalize and justify the rightness or wrongness of our thoughts. Eventually a condition of disharmony called depression comes into existence. Then, finally, after a long fight, the mind surrenders, and accepts the truth that the causes of disharmony exist within our selves, just as the causes of harmony exist within ourselves.
It has indeed been my experience that when I am actually loving God from my heart of hearts or soul, that the longings and aspirations for the Divine Love itself, directly to God, have a much greater force or presence. I have found that what the messages say about us opening up ourselves is the personal cooperation with the request that God open us up to the inflowing of the Divine Love. One effects the other. God will not open up our souls to the inflowing of His Divine Love without us opening ourselves, our souls, up to the inflowing of the Divine Love. It is simply free will, which God will not violate.
brother dave k.
Family

Oh, and yes, James, thank you for sharing the message that you have received, and I'm sure will be thought about in regards to the Truth(s) that it contains. I personally find that it contains a full measure of Truth.

brother dave k.
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

What a rich and thought-provoking thread! Like Dennis, I think this is a beautiful place (this Forum)! Thank you James, Connie, Al, Geoff, Arie, Joseph, Doles, Jeanne, Dean, Dennis for your posts. Each one contributes another facet to the diamond, each is a perspective in the whole. What matters to me is not who is "right" because I am not seeking "the right answer", the "right" understanding of any issue. Rather, I am seeking to grow my soul in its human existence. Your contributions to this and other discussions help me by giving me other viewpoints that allow me develop and refine my own understanding. So, thank you, all!

James, there is great substance in the message you shared. I hope to be able to read the book you authored and to learn more from what your Guides have taught through you. I can see that the Australian Retreat is going to be a time of deep learning for all of us, and am looking forward to it with great eagerness! To pray with beautiful souls who long for the Love is a blessing that I wish to experience as much as possible, and Australia is such a great opportunity for this.

With gratitude for everyone, those who post and those who "lurk", blessings to you all!
Love,
Terry