My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

A forum for Al to post his musings
Eva
Family

Re: My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

Post by Eva »

Thank you, Al -- and yes, I am aware of the division on this issue. I agree with you that the remedy is in the Love, and beyond that in agreeing to disagree, if we must, in mutual respect and kindness. Ultimately each person has to decide what they see as true for themselves -- no matter where information comes from (mediumship, books, internet, or wherever else).
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks for your post, Eva. It reminds me of something a lovely ex-nunn said to me at a Divine Love retreat in Ireland last year:

"If your truth is greater than my truth, then I will come to it.....and if my truth is greater than your truth, you will come to it"!

I just love this lovely bit of wisdom.....a phrase that feels so respectful and gentle compared to what I've often said in the past when I've found myself in disagreement with someone: "Well, we will have to agree to disagree" -- a phrase I've used with righteous indignation and more than a bit of superiority! :o

Thanks for the reminder! Love Jeanne ;)
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Yes, Jeanne, I too have had to learn this lesson over the years. I haven't gotten forceful and indignant with people whom I disagreed with (I tend to withdraw rather than fight in situations like that), but I do identify with the feeling of superiority, and let me add, pride. The Bible says that knowledge puffs up, but love edifies (1 Cor 8:1-3; also 1 Cor 13 is a beautiful chapter contrasting love and knowledge).

Someone recently shared with me how those of us on the Love path can be just as guilty as the other Christians of trying to convince others that we are right in our knowledge and they are wrong, and we need to be on guard against that. Another friend shared in a separate conversation how knowing that some people may be experiencing the Love despite their incorrect beliefs, she tries to reach them at the soul level with the Love, rather than trying to change their beliefs. I think there is much wisdom in that and it works.

Recently God gave me a special opportunity to work with a lady that has only just come in contact with the Divine Love messages. While her soul was drawn to the truth, her mind went through a serious struggle -- she was quite broken up about it. I encouraged her to focus on God and the Love and the rest would take care of itself. And, wonderfully, it has and in a remarkably short time. Less than three weeks ago, she was very distraught, but now she is at peace.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

What a lovely story about the woman! For almost 40 years our little Divine Love group met quietly every week at Barb's....about 8 of us in a core group. Our guides and teachers kept emphasizing what you've said here: that we don't have to say anything! It's God's work....soul to soul. If we carry divine love, then some souls will be drawn to The Love. We've also been told that none of us can know the soul condition of another.....that even when the mind is distorted, the soul can still yearn for and receive The Love! I'm looking so forward to meeting you, Eva! Hopefully in 2015! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

After reading this thread a few years later, I have to laugh at my own bull headedness :lol: . In years past Geoff and I would butt heads often. Me trying to be an authority and Geoff trying to show me that I'm not. Since this lovely message from Jesus, we have both put away our weapons and gotten along very well. I consider Geoff one of my most valued and loved friends, truly brothers on this path. Yes, we both have not shifted much in our opinions regarding truth but within our souls we recognize the value of love and acceptance. This is the miracle of Divine Love. It doesn't work on your material mind first, rather on your capacity to love and accept. The soul is changed and the mind ( if you let it) follows. Geoff might still be a bit of a porcupine and me a blowhard but in our coming together we have learned a great deal from one another. The most valuable of those lessons is how to get along and accommodate one another. My heart soars at seeing how we have shifted and grown in the Love and how God is always working to help us grow together. Often those most challenging interactions may contain the deepest vein of gold. Thank you Geoff for hanging in there. My present day perspective helps me to see what a challenge this was for you. Love you Bro for being such a standup guy. God bless.....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

{{{{{{Al}}}}}}
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

{{{{{{Al}}}}}}

{{{{{{Geoff}}}}}}